Chapter 1

A family

Chapter 1

 

Kyuhyun stared at the sunset as he watched the sky turn from a bright yellow, to a dazzling orange, to a beautiful purple hue and finally into a magical dark blue. Kyuhyun always loved watching the sunset, he felt it was soothing and peaceful. He was amazed at how the sky could change into so many colours in just a short period of time. The sun sets everyday, however, it's hard for one to fully appreciate how beautiful it really is. 'How nice would it be to be able to see the sunset with someone.' Kyuhyun thought.

 

Kyuhyun was an orphan, all he ever wished for was to have a family, a loving family where he was loved and treated well.

"Kyuhyun, it's time for dinner." Mrs Kim called out to little Kyuhyun who was still lost in his own thoughts. "Oh yes, it's time for dinner. I'll be on my way to the dining room Mrs Kim!" Kyuhyun called out as he left the garden swing he was sitting on.

 

To Kyuhyun, Mrs Kim was the only person he was comfortable with at the orphanage. Being one of the youngest, Kyuhyun was always bullied by the older kids and Mrs Kim always protected him. Furthermore, last Christmas, Mrs Kim got him a reindeer soft toy which became his ever first toy and gift and so Kyuhyun cherished this toy with all his heart. This lead Kyuhyun to regard Mrs Kim as his mother figure although he knew he would be leaving her soon.

 

"Thank you for calling me Mrs Kim!" Kyuhyun said as he reached the dining table where 50 other orphans were already seated and ready to have their dinner. "No problem darling, oh and remember to meet me at the office at eleven tomorrow, your new parents will be there to pick you up." She replied. Kyuhyun nodded as he reminded himself to pack up his belongings as he was leaving the orphanage to his new parents tomorrow.