Chapter 24

A family

Chapter 24

2 days passed quickly with the presence of his hyungs and Kyuhyun was soon sitting on the edge of his bed waiting for his hyungs to settle with the nurses for his check out. Ryeowook and Hankyung was currently accompanying Kyuhyun in his ward while waiting for Kangin and Leeteuk to return. The others have agreed to wait for Kyuhyun’s return back home as having everyone pick Kyuhyun up will just make everything chaotic and crowded. “Kyukyu aren’t you so excited to return home! I bet you missed home so much!” Ryeowook said excitedly as he held onto Kyuhyun’s hands. “Of course Ryeonggu, I can’t wait to be back home!” Kyuhyun replied while giving his hyung a smile.

At that time the door opened to reveal Kangin and Leeteuk standing there with huge smiles plastered on their faces. “Alright Kyuhyun we’re ready to leave!” Leeteuk said happily. “Yay! Let’s go Kyukyu!” Ryeowook shouted as he grabbed Kyuhyun’s hand, pulled him towards the door and started running. “Be careful Ryeowook! Kyuhyun hasn’t recovered fully yet!” Hankyung called out. “Oh that’s right, I’m sorry Kyukyu.” Ryeowook said as he slowed down his pace. “It’s alright Ryeonggu.” Kyuhyun replied while flashing Ryeowook a kind smile. Ryeowook ruffled Kyuhyun’s hair as they continued to walk to the carpark. Seeing their actions, Kangin, Leeteuk and Hankyung laughed warmly. “They’re good kids aren’t they.” Leeteuk said as he looked at Hankyung. Hankyung nodded as he looked back at back Leeteuk, “Yes they are.”

Back home…….

“Guys! Kyuhyun will be back in an hour, we should do something for him before he arrives!” Donghae said. “Yah! We’re your hyungs you brat!” Heechul reprimanded Donghae making Donghae pout. “Calm down hyung, Donghae hyung’s right, we should do something before Kyuhyun and the others come back.” Kibum said calmly. “Well what do you suggest?” Yesung asked. “How about we throw him a welcome back party?” Sungmin suggested. “That’s a good idea but will we be able to prepare it in time?” Shindong spoke out. “We will if we started immediately” Siwon replied. “Well then let’s get to work!” Eunhyuk shouted. Immediately everyone spread out to do their respective chores. Heechul dialled up a restaurant and ordered delivery, Donghae and Eunhyuk took out streamers and ribbons from the storeroom and Kibum cleaned up the living room. while everyone was busy decorating and getting ready, Sungmin found Shindong lounging lazily on the couch. “Yah you fatty, you’re supposed to be helping!” Sungmin yelled. “Don’t call me a fatty! Beside there isn’t much I can do either.” Shindong talked back. “What do you mean there isn’t much things you can help with, the tables need cleaning!” Sungmin shouted back and soon both of them were arguing at the top of their lungs. Hearing the ruckus, Siwon went to check out what was happening and when he saw both of them fighting, he immediately cut their argument. “Hyungs this isn’t the time to be fighting Kyuhyun will be back in 20 minutes!” Siwon said. Hearing Siwon, Sungmin and Shindong gave each other a cold glare before walking off. Siwon let out a sigh before continuing what he was doing previously.

‘Hankyung we’re giving Kyuhyun a surprise party so inform me when you guys are 5 minutes away' -Heechul. Hankyung smiled as he looked at the message and at Kyuhyun who was currently sleeping peacefully on Ryeowook’s shoulders. Hankyung give Leeteuk a little nudge as he handed his phone over to him who handed to phone over to Kangin who signalled the message to Ryeowook. After seeing three of them acknowledge the message, Hankyung looked out of the window with a smile etched on his face, wondering what surprise would take place later on.