Chapter 23

A family

Chapter 23

The morning sun filtered into the window blinds and gently landed onto Kyuhyun’s eyes causing Kyuhyun to flutter his eyes open. Kyuhyun blinked twice only to realise that it was morning, oddly he felt something heavy pressing onto his right hand, looking down Kyuhyun saw Ryeowook using his hand as a pillow. Kyuhyun giggled at his hyung’s cuteness, deciding to let his hyung sleep a little longer, Kyuhyun turned to his left and looked out of the window. Slowly he tried to run through what happened since yesterday. He remembered walking home alone as Ryeowook had a piano lesson and the driver could not pick him up and the next thing he knew he saw darkness and he woke up in a hospital bed. He was still puzzled as to why Leeteuk was crying and why all of his hyungs started treating him well again. Deciding that his hyungs had forgiven him for being part of the cause of his parents, Kyuhyun made up his mind to forgive them as well and let the past be the past. Kyuhyun smiled at the thought of being able to play and live happily with his hyungs once again. Feeling a slight shift on his right hand, Kyuhyun looked down once more only to find his hyung opening up his eyes blearily. “Good morning Ryeonggu, you’re awake!” Kyuhyun said happily. “Oh good morning kyukyu, how are you feeling?” Ryeowook asked with a yawn. “Much better Ryeonggu!” Kyuhyun replied. “That’s good to hear….” Ryeowook said before he was interrupted by a combined shout.

“Kyuhyun!” the door opened revealing the rest of the Park family followed by a harsh “Shhh!!!” by nearby nurses signalling the brothers to keep their voices down. The brothers bowed apologetically to them before entering the ward. “Hi Kyuhyunie how are you feeling?” Heechul asked before putting down a basket of fruits on the bedside table. “Oh the fruits looks great! I’ll go wash and cut some for everybody, Yesung hyung would you like to help me?” Ryeowook said. Yesung nodded and smiled warmly at Kyuhyun before taking the fruit basket and heading over to the bathroom with Ryeowook.

Leeteuk walked over to Kyuhyun and took a seat on Kyuhyun’s bed and held Kyuhyun’s hand. “Are you feeling fine Kyuhyun?” Leeteuk asked sincerely. “Yes Leeteuk hyung, aside from being a little sore I feel perfectly fine.” Kyuhyun answered. “That’s really good to hear.” Leeteuk said with a hint of awkwardness. In fact, everyone in the room seemed really awkward and fidgety. “Hyungs what’s wrong?” Kyuhyun asked. “It’s nothing Kyuhyun, we just feel so guilty for what we did to you but yet you can still look at us like that with an angel smile on your face, we’re just so sorry…...” Leeteuk said as he once again burst into tears. “Aww Leeteuk hyung, hyungs you don’t have to feel sorry for what you did to me, I’m sure you had your reasons. But all I know now is that you all forgive me and I forgive you so let’s put the past behind us and live happily alright!” Kyuhyun said cheerfully. Hearing this, everybody burst into tears of joy, even the usually cold and stoic Heechul and Kibum had tears rolling down their faces. “Oh Kyuhyun, we love you!” everyone exclaimed as they gathered for a huge group hug.

At that moment Yesung and Ryeowook walked out of the bathroom with two plates of cut fruits, noticing sounds of sobs Yesung shouted, “Omg why is everyone crying? What happened!”. Hankyung turned around and faced Yesung and Ryeowook, “Put the plates down and come on over both of you!”. Slowly both of them approached their hyungs cautiously before being pulled in by Heechul and Kangin into the massive group hug. “I don’t know what is going on but I sure am enjoying it!” Yesung exclaimed, sending everyone in the room into fits of laughter.