Wicked Game

Fools

 

His mom gives him a peck on the cheek before he leaves for school, asking when his date with Jeongyeon's taking place. Hanbin shrugs his shoulders and hopes to get it over with soon. 

The sun's out and Hanbin wonders what that means. He remembers small specks of sunlight on Bobby's face and it makes him want to kiss him all over again. This time with the sun hugging his skin and Bobby's lips swallowing his breathless moans.

He meets the guys by the gate and Bobby's there too. His wave is still weak and his hello is even weaker. Hanbin finds comfort in the fact that the tips of his ears are pink like his own.

"So, you guys settled down?"

Hanbin wants to choke Junhoe for using that wording, seeing how Bobby closes off the minute he says it. 

"Yeah, kinda."

He shrugs and tries not to stare at Bobby's reaction. He still does.

"So who cracked first? You took Donghyuk's advice or was Bobby this time the brave one?"

Hanbin hopes that Junhoe'll lose his interest in this topic soon. Bobby's still tense and staring at the ground. 

Hanbin's kind of amazed at how different he looks. Awkward yes, but somehow glowing. Maybe it's the sunlight or maybe it's freedom to be who he really is. He hopes it's both. 

He answers for him, Bobby's demeanor too awkward to bring anything good of it.

Junhoe seems to settle for now, the bell ringing as  Donghyuk runs towards them, hand sneaking around Hanbins' waist. 

Bobby glares at them until Hanbin steps away and that seems to please him. Hanbin wonders when the others will notice how jealous he's become. When Jinhwan will see that Bobby's got eyes just for him.

The thought makes him giddy yet frustrated. This is not going to end well.

*

"Can you believe Junhoe already broke up with Nayeon?"

Yunhyeong's accusingly pointing his chopsticks towards him and Hanbin chuckles. He actually is surprised. Junhoe just rolls his eyes. 

"Why'd you break up with her? Thought it was going well."

Donghyuk's sitting beside him, hands around his plate protectively when Yunhyeong tries to snatch a chicken wing off of it. 

"Well yeah but she was.. you know."

Junhoe gestures something with his hands that none of them seem to follow. Hanbin can see Jinhwan and Bobby approaching and for some reason he decides to snuggle closer to Donghyuk.

"Know what?"

He quirks his brow and Junhoe lets out a loud groan. There are plenty of people outside to glare at him. He's still not used to the sun or the fact that he has to strain to hear what Junhoe's mumbling from the other side of the table. 

"You know.. a prude."

Yunhyeong starts giggling so hard that he accidentally pushes over his smoothie. It's Junhoe's turn to laugh now, Yunhyeongs fingers trying to pinch his s.

"Poor Junhoe, rejected again by a beautiful girl. Guess you have to rely on Yunhyeong from now on."

Jinhwan sits down as both Yunhyeong and Junhoe glare at him, ready to argue about it. 

"So what you're saying is that she was willing with Hanbin and not with you? Damn.. you've got bad luck."

Bobby decides where to sit,  staring at the space near Junhoe and then at Hanbin's thighs pressed against Donghyuks'. Hanbin can feel his pulse rising when Bobby's hand touches his shoulder possessively. 

"Look who's talking. The guy who broke up with his new girl who he was so 'madly in love with'. Wimp."

Junhoe tosses a piece of bread at him as Bobby pushes Donghyuk's things to the other end of the table, hand still squeezing Hanbins' shoulder. 

Hanbin's almost dizzy by how the touch makes him feel. It's been so long since they've even looked at each other and even more since they've touched each other. 

Donghyuk moves himself over with a glare and Hanbin wants to tell Bobby how obvious he is. Especially when he looks over at a baffled Jinhwan. 

And only then does he process what Junhoe said.

"Wait, you broke up with your girlfriend?"

Jinhwans' ahead of him and Bobby nods, sitting down to stuff his face with food. Obviously ignoring the question. 

Bobby's body heat is overwhelming, the sun suddenly right beside him, knee to knee, thigh to thigh and shoulder to shoulder. 

"Before ya'll start asking too much let me just say, she was annoying as hell. And too curvy for my liking."

Bobby swallows his food down with a large gulp of water, eyes fixated on him. Hanbin dares to look back. He sees the freckles before he notices the want in his eyes. It makes him shiver. 

"Just say that she was too fat for your liking. Yeesh."

Junhoe's rolling his eyes and Hanbin can feel how his own are stuck on the way Bobby keeps his fingers clean. He lets himself be drawn back to the conversation.

"I didn't say that! She was too curvy not fat. Just too..curvy."

Hanbin can tell how Bobby's twitching to look at him. 

"Fine but it still doesn't explain why you dated her for just a week."

Even Yunhyeong knows the drill. Bobby snaps his head towards Hanbin, suddenly aware of how close they are and probably of how much he would like to repeat what they did on that football field a week ago. 

"So?"

Bobby lets his eyes fall and Hanbin can sense how they trail up from his knees to his thighs and then stop for a second too long on the part below his navel. He squirms as Bobby's fingers find his legs again and this time Hanbin feels hunger so deep that it chokes him. 

Junhoe looks at them, quickly sneaking a sip of Yunhyeong's smoothie. He seems to notice that somethings off, different. Probably, hopefully,  not able to pinpoint what it is exactly. 

"You just seemed to be so in love with her that I thought it'd last longer."

Yunhyeong shrugs his shoulders, smacking away Junhoe's smoothie stealing fingers. 

"Well yeah I was but then I wasn't. Is that so hard to understand?"

Bobby's fingers keep tracing circles onto his thighs and Hanbin's finding it hard not to squirm or let out the deep sigh he's been holding for the past 10 minutes.

He senses Jinhwan looking at him when lunch ends and Hanbin looks back, afraid. There's no anger, no jealousy but just hurt. Hanbin wants to thank him for accepting that things are different now. Wants to talk to him about it and tell him how wonderful it is that Bobby's finally coming to his senses and offer to hang out with just the three of them. 

Jinhwan gets up before any words can leave his mouth, wandering off in a hurry. Hanbin sees Junhoe staring at his back and hopes that he's gonna be there to catch him when he falls. No matter how much he wants to do it himself. 

Befoe he can go he hears someone clear their throat. Who else could it be but Bobby.

"You know why I broke up with her?"

Hanbin's dumbfounded so he just shakes his head, hands trembling on his lap. 

"Cause I can't think of kissing anyone else but you."

And then he leaves, taking Hanbins' heart with him.

*

"So you want anything to drink or we'll just get started?"

He's at Jinhwan's. It's a lot more relaxed than a while back but Hanbin can still sense the questions and doubts in his mind. He wants Jinhwan to talk about it but knows he's just going to beat around the bush. He kinda prefers it that way too. 

"Nah, I'm good."

They get through half of their notes before Jinhwan raises his eyes and Hanbin knows what's about to come.

"So.. are you and Bobby really okay now?"

Hanbin chews on the tip of his pen, pretending he's thinking of an answer. Maybe he is. 

"Yeah, I guess so. He's still got trust issues but were good for now."

He checks off a few quotes Jinhwan left on his paper and the other swats his hand away. Hanbin laughs but then it gets caught in his throat.

"Did he really break up with her because she's fat? Or was there something else to it?"

Hanbin has no answers to give him so he just shrugs. Jinhwan keeps staring at him expectantly until he speaks. 

"I don't know. Honestly the girlfriend thing baffled me too."

It's not a lie. It really did baffle him that Bobby broke up with her so soon. That he's actually taking it seriously this time and Hanbin's got no idea when he'll take them seriously too.

"Why're  you asking me anyway? I thought you and Bobby share everything."

Hanbin's checking his notes, mind elsewhere. On knees and thighs pressed together and the deep breath he took when Bobby's mouth left his. 

Jinhwan keeps quiet until he checks on him. He's staring at the sofa, chin tucked over his knees and pen dangling between his fingers. Hanbin hates how vulnerable and young he looks. How he must feel stupid for ever letting himself fall.

He clears his throat and Jinhwan jumps a little. 

"Sorry. It's just lately he's been hanging out with me a lot but not.. talking about anything? Yeah we chit chat about how disgusting Junhoe is or something but he doesn't.. "

Hanbin can hear the 'he doesn't look at me like he used to' before Jinhwan continues. 

"He's just very closed off. I thought maybe you knew what was up."

Hanbin shrugs again, his heart beating loudly at the thought of the kiss and telling him about it. He's not sure he'll ever be able to.

They continue in silence, so much to share yet nowhere to start.

*

"Honey, I'm home!"

There's rattling from the hallway as Bobby enters with a bag of takeout. His smile falters when his eyes land on Hanbin. His high cheekbones are rosy from the evening chill and it reminds him of the colors of the sunset. 

Jinhwan grabs the takeout without saying a word and starts munching on the ddeokbokki. Bobby tries grabbing the bag but Jinhwan's already got half of it's contents in his mouth, cheeks puffed out reminding him of a hamster.

Hanbin just stares at them in amusement and a little bit of awe. 

"So what are you guys up to?"

Bobby plops down next to him, taking off his socks and putting his feet on the dining table. Jinhwan makes a gagging sound and Hanbin tries his best to calm down, stomach aching from laughter. 

"What do you think?"

Jinhwan swallows the last bits of his rice cake and lets himself fall on the couch with a loud thump, patting his full stomach. 

"Well I know you hate studying so that means you could be watching Natural Born Killers without me and that's a crime. Thought I'd come watch it with you."

He looks at Hanbin while leaning back on the old sofa, smile still plastered on his stupidly handsome face. 

Hanbin can't seem to break eye contact and he only does so when Jinhwan burps, groaning loudly. 

"Quick Hanbin, call 911! Jinhwan's having his food baby!"

The other throws a pillow at Bobby while he laughs and Hanbin can't help to chuckle too. Bobby grabs the bag of food and puts the DVD on, Jinwhan still protesting that they have to study.

It feels comfortable. Like it always should have been.

Then Bobby's fingers find his thigh and Hanbin can't help but shiver. He wonders if this is meant to be too. If Bobby's just a part of his constellation.

*

They get a little work done too, Jinhwan pausing the movie when it gets too much for him and Hanbin quickly grabbing the notebooks from Bobby's hungry fingers.

They take notes as Bobby reads over their 10 page play. He snorts after finishing, making both Jinhwan and Hanbin give him a smack on the shoulder. He pretends to fall over and Hanbin's there to catch him, hand on his much too warm nape.

Bobby pretends to giggle and faint like a teenage girl. Hanbin can still see the blush on his cheeks which he definitely can't fake.

"Okay, get going you two. My dad's gonna wake up cause of you and kick my for watching that stupid movie again."

Bobby darts out his tongue like a child and Hanbin just stares at him in adoration. The feeling keeps blooming in his chest and Hanbin wonders when did he fall so madly in love?

"Fine but I'm gonna finish the movie next time! You'll just see!"

Jinhwan looks just as amused and just as fond as he does. Hanbin's almost out the door with Bobby when the other asks if he can walk him home. 

When he dares to look back at Jinhwan, he's already inside. Hanbin thanks the gods he doesn't believe in for it.

*

Bobby's by his side, hands in his pockets. It's a little damp but that's just from the cold. Hanbin cherishes the fact that he's had the pleasure of not opening his umbrella all day long. 

There's silence between them that Hanbin doesn't know how to read so he waits for Bobby to start talking.

"So.."

Bobby hums in thought and Hanbin waits for him to continue. He keeps flexing his fingers by his sides trying to force down the urge of grabbing Bobbys'. 

"So?"

Hanbin can feel his heart pounding in his chest as he stares at Bobby. The way the flush on his cheeks moves down to his neck, leaving red cobwebs on it's way there. The way his eyes stare up, looking for the constellation he's bound to be apart of, stars sparkling on his face instead of the deep blue sky. 

"How'd you know you're different?" 

Hanbin stops staring at him the minute he says it, not ready to talk about this yet. Knowing that in a few seconds the questions about his past will come up and he's got nowhere to hide. 

"Well obviously everyone had been telling me that I should like girls and marry a girl and then I kept waiting to fall for one but got stuck falling for boys instead."

Bobby nods and Hanbin notices how close they are to each other. Hips almost brushing with each step they take. 

"Does your family know?"

And there it is. Hanbin swallows the lump in his throat, staring at the ground instead of Bobby.

"Yeah."

Bobby makes this noise in the back of his throat and Hanbin looks up just to be met with a smile that surely has enough force to bring out the sun. 

"That's great! I could never tell mine, they'd freak the out."

Hanbin feels tier than ever, he's doesn't want to talk about his mom but he also can't bare Bobby thinking it's all sunshine and rainbows in his household. 

"It's not exactly like that."

Bobby stares at him curiously and Hanbin squirms, looking for a way out. 

"I didn't tell them because I knew how they'd react but they found out on their own so.."

Hanbin leaves the sentence hanging, hoping Bobby'll stop asking. He doesn't.

"Wait so they're not okay with it?"

Hanbin takes a deep breath and shakes his head. He feels himself crumble, feels the tears starting to form. He makes a promise to himself to hold it in until he gets home. To his house. 

"They've made it pretty clear that I'm a freak so yeah."

He stares at the ground, fighting the urge to run again. Bobby's hand finds his shoulder and Hanbin shivers, all the tension running out of his body. 

"I'm sorry."

Hanbin nods, looking over at him. Bobby's eyes are a bit more watery than usual but Hanbin blames it on the wind and nothing else.

"Thanks. Anyway how come you've never known?"

He makes an effort to quickly rub his eyes when Bobby isn't looking. 

"I think I have but it's just something I've always ignored. It was easy you know."

Hanbin grabs his shoulder in reassurement when the words keep choking him up. Bobby thanks him with a nod and continues. 

"I liked this boy when I was just a kid. Maybe 6 or 7? And when I told my mom about it she said that it's what friends feel for each other. And when I tried to tell her that I really liked him, wanted to marry him when I grew up, she didn't listen. It's like this.. thing didn't exist for her. So I grew up thinking I couldn't exist."

Hanbin has felt all of it for the entire duration of his life and he wants Bobby to stop talking. He's being pulled apart at the seams and it isn't a nice feeling. At all. 

"Now I'm finally existing and it's just.. overwhelming."

Bobby smiles but it doesn't reach his eyes. Hanbin wants to trace the stars on his face with his thumbs until he becomes one of them.

"I get what you mean. But anyway what's your deal with that movie?"

Bobby smiles brightly, worry washed off his face. Hanbin likes to see him like this more than anything so he lets it be. 

He wants to ask about Jinhwan, he really does but something inside him tells him to stop for now. He's not sure if Bobby's aware of what he felt for Jinhwan, what it was between them and what Jinhwan's still struggling with. He's not sure if Bobby's there yet so he leaves it for another time and Hanbin's got a feeling there'll be a lot of those.

*

Gym class has a whole other meaning now that Hanbin knows just how the rain tastes. 

"You're looking thoughtful. Something up?"

They're playing ball again, as usual and Hanbin is caught up in arms that aren't his own. 

"Yeah, just wondering how much coach loves football."

Donghyuk laughs, passing the ball towards him. 

"Are we ever gonna play anything else or?"

He asks it a bit too loud, coach whistling and giving him a cold stare. Both him and Donghyuk laugh at that, as Bobby moves towards them, ball in his hands but eyes cold. 

"What's so funny?"

He smiles but it isn't natural. Hanbin wants to snort at his jealousy but acts indifferent instead. 

"Nothing."

He passes the ball towards Donghyuk, who seems to be focused on the game but Hanbin knows he's trying to snoop in on the conversation and figure them out. Hanbin wonders when he'll stop trying. 

"Seems like you're having fun."

Bobby stares at him, arms on his hips and chest pushed forward. Hanbin actually does snort at his possessiveness this time. 

"Yeah we are. Now go do your own thing."

Donghyuk tries passing the ball towards him when Bobby stops it with his foot, taking it in his hands. 

Hanbin quirks his brow, a silent 'what are you gonna do about it?' on his lips. 

Bobby lets out a long and fuming breath, stepping close enough to bite. Hanbin remembers how it felt. 

"I will."

He hands the ball over, it being the only thing separating their bodies and chests from pressing together. Hanbin can feel himself pant, goosebumps taking over his skin while he tries to even out his breath.

Bobby stares at him for the longest time before following the lines of his mouth and stepping away. Hanbin feels himself wobble. 

"You done with this weird alfa stuff yet?"

Donghyuk seems unfazed, biting at his fingernails. Hanbin nods, head dizzy and skin crawling when the raindrops fall. 

*

He hits the showers and almost forgets about the usual shampoo routine. When he remembers it, halfway through shampooing with the last drops of his apple & cinnamon, he kinda hopes Bobby's too scared to come into his personal space again.

He's wrong. 

"Can I borrow your-"

"Yes."

Hanbin turns around, the bottle already in his hands. Bobby looks a bit sheepish, cheeks the tiniest bit red and a smirk forming on his face. 

"Sorry, I keep forgetting it at home."

He steps closer and Hanbin thought he'd be ready for this type of a situation. He thought wrong.

Bobby's and wet and extremely close to him. Hanbin wishes he had the ball to press between them cause if Bobby's stepping any closer, letting their skin touch, he's going to pass out.

Or demonstrate how much he actually likes him.

Bobby's eyes are fixed on his face as he grabs the bottle. Then they're moving downwards and Hanbin's never been so aware of his surroundings before.

He can hear Bobby's breath hitch but also the way Donghyuk's chasing Junhoe around with his towel. He can see Bobby's pupils dilate with desire but also how the guys are right there. 

He lets his own eyes roam downwards as well, Bobby's thumb tracing his hand where he's still holding the shampoo. It's just there, hanging between their joint hands and Hanbin's unaware of how long he's been staring at the lines of Bobby's hips. Or how his eyes keep moving down and down until - 

"You're hard."

Bobby's breath is warm on his already heated skin and Hanbin drops the bottle with a loud thump, turning his back at the speed of light. There are eyes on him, of course there are and Hanbin prays that Bobby'll leave. 

The other chuckles lowly and Hanbin concentrates on willing down his semi hard . 

The water plummets on his skin like rain and it makes him think of the hotness of Bobby's mouth. What it could do to him and before he has the chance to scream in horror, there's warmth against his back and lips on his earlobe.

"You're welcome."

Bobby leaves with a loud laugh. Hanbin leaves when the bell rings for class, his body trembling from his own fingers and the fact that somehow they just aren't enough anymore.

*

He knocks on her door at 8 pm on Friday. Jeongyeon looks gorgeous and he wonders how long it took her to get ready.

"You look beautiful."

He hands her a daisy that his mother bought. He wonders if she remembered the dried up one in his box or if it was just a coincidence. He thinks she did.

"Thank you. So do you."

They both chuckle and Hanbin greets her parents. They seem pleased to have him there and Hanbin knows Jeongyeon isn't the only one with high hopes and expectations. 

He takes her out to a small coffee shop a little bit further away from that place they went to weeks ago. 

"I'm flattered that you asked me out but.. why?"

Jeongyeon's eating her noodles and Hanbin likes how she isn't trying to hide her curiosity or her loud slurps. 

"I've just always thought you're lovely and wanted to see if there could be anything else than friendship between us."

Jeongyeon seems to be happy with that answer, nodding along. 

The night goes well but Hanbin can't see himself lying to her. He can't pretend to be in love with her and he can't lead her on. She's interesting and Hanbin likes to listen to her talk. But he's also much more interested in the way Bobby would feel inside him and the thoughts make him feel guiltier than any forced date ever could. 

"You've got some sauce on your lip."

Jeongyeon smiles when he points it out, the tips of her ears pink and Hanbin waits for her to wipe it off. She keeps staring at him and Hanbin's not sure what he's supposed to do. 

"What?"

He's genuinely puzzled when Jeongyeon wipes and spends the rest of the evening pouting about it.

He drops her off at around 10 pm. He shakes her hand and goes in for a hug which Jeongyeon refuses.

"Look, obviously we get along well but you seemed to be distracted all night and to top it off you had no clue how to romance me!"

Hanbin's stumbles at her harsh words, Jeongyeon apologizing profusely after she says them. 

"Sorry! But just..you really didn't want to wipe that sauce off my face did you?"

Her hand is on his shoulder and for once Hanbin relishes in the fact that it doesn't burn. That there's touching out there that's completely normal. 

"No? Is that what I was supposed to do?"

Jeongyeon sighs deeply, fingers messing up her perfect hairdo.

"Well yeah. It's kind of always been a sign that a guy likes me. Bobby did it." 

Her eyes turn wide before she stutters. 

"And everyone else too. Not just him."

Hanbin nods and they decide to stay friends, relief flooding over him as he walks home. The fresh air washing away the last trace of her floral perfume. 

*

Bobby drops by on Saturday, unannounced as usual. 

"What are you doing here?"

Bobby's got his backpack with him and Hanbin hopes that it isn't filled with movies. 

"Is that filled with DVD's cause I'm too tired to concentrate on your Tarantino loving ."

Hanbin yawns, putting the backpack on his sofa. He goes to make some coffee and Bobby follows. For a second Hanbin's scared that he might step too close and he'll have to hide away his massive again.

Thankfully he doesn't.

"Nope I actually need help in physics."

Hanbin turns around from the coffee machine, astonished.

"Me? Helping with physics?"

Bobby groans, hiding his face in his arms. Hanbin pats his back, apologizing for being so harsh.

"Yeah yeah, apology accepted. I'm failing at it though and I really need some help."

Bobby looks at him with pleading eyes and Hanbin snorts, pouring them some coffee. 

"What do I get out of it?"

Hanbin grabs the milk as Bobby starts adding sugar. He stops at four and Hanbin winces, whispering 'diabetes' as he turns around. 

"I heard that!"

Hanbin knows he's sticking out his tongue again so he mentions it. Bobby looks a bit thrown back that he knew so he sticks his tongue out once more. Hanbin wants to bite it to retaliate but doesn't. 

"Anyway, If you help me I can start carrying my own shampoo with me again."

Bobby says it casually while taking a sip of his coffee. Hanbin feels his cheeks turn red but thankfully Bobby doesn't notice, spitting the coffee back in it's mug.

"What the hell did you make me?"

Hanbin takes a sip of his own and realises the milk's gone bad. 

They agree to rely on energy drinks for the rest of the day. 

*

He agrees to help, not mentioning anything about the incident from Wednesday. He knows Bobby remembers and it makes him uncomfortable thinking about it.

He wonders if Bobby's jerked off to the thought of it, like he has, and he tries his best not to squirm or blush too hard. 

"Why didn't you ask Jeongyeon though?"

They're solving this one excercise that Hanbin's already done with her and he says it before he can think too much about it. 

"Are you kidding me? You know why."

Bobby stares at his notebook and groans, the formula in front of him too hard for the both of them to solve. 

"Yeah but she's great at it. Why not ask?"

Bobby scoffs, closing his books and looking up at him. Hanbin's too busy trying to ignore his stare and the closeness of their faces to make sense of what he says next. 

"It's just not a good idea. Besides, she's been seen out with some new guy and I don't wanna cause trouble."

Hanbin stands up nodding. He puts the books on the table and stretches, a yawn escaping his mouth.

When he looks down, Bobby's staring at the lines of his now shirt covered hips and Hanbin swallows the lump in his throat, trying to focus on anything else but the expression on his face.

"Food?"

Bobby stands up then, voice too low. 

"Yeah."

Hanbin ignores what that does to his body. 

*

Hanbins' tired from the long day and all he wants is to get over with their studying. The library's quiet and he can actually concentrate this time. Until Junhoe decides to start a whisper conversation. 

"So you and Jeongyeon, huh?" 

His eyes dart up immediately, ready to tell them off.

"Nothing happened."

He tries to get back to his notebooks but now everyone's looking at him. 

"Hanbin and Jeongyeon sitting on a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G!"

Yunhyeong's whisper singing and Hanbin leans over the desk to stab a pencil into his thigh. He yelps and the librarian glares at them.

Hanbin holds in his snicker as Junhoe lets it out. 

"But you went out. On a date. How come nothing happened?"

Junhoe's intrigued now and Hanbin just wants to tell him that it wasn't a date in the first place. He doesn't. 

"It just didn't. We talked and it was nice. I sent her home and we decided to stay friends. That's it."

Yunhyeong snorts and Hanbin raises his pencil in threat. The other whimpers like a hurt puppy and Hanbin wants to glare at him but feels himself deflate instead, too fond of his stupid face. 

"Is that why you had the fight with Bobby?"

Donghyuk perks up now, glasses on his pile of books and face glowing. Junhoe's got a devilish glint in his eyes and Hanbin feels like he's being ganged up on. 

"No!"

He whisper yells and the librarian gives them another stern look. Hanbin tries to hide his blush that they all think is because of her. He's actually thinking of the rain again and the way Bobby bit his lip. It makes him squirm and shiver all at once. 

"Oh come on, it's totally why you had that fight!"

Junhoe seems gleeful and Hanbin's ready to punch him.

"GUYS!"

Yunhyeong almost stands from his seat, plopping down when the librarian shushes them.

"Bobby broke up with his girlfriend! He wants Jeongyeon back!"

Junhoe lets out a dramatic 'ooh' and Donghyuk giggles. Hanbin wants to slap them but almost slaps himself instead.

"Stop making up drama scenarios! We had a fight for totally different reasons and besides there's nothing going on between her and I. We just went out once! That's it."

Donghyuk feels sorry for him now, patting his back as Yunhyeong and Junhoe keep arguing over who's going to win Jeongyeons' fragile heart.

"Hanbin's the best friend type. Wants the girl and almost has her but then Bobby's totally the main character. Jeongyeon's gonna choose him."

Yunhyeong's too invested and Hanbin doesn't have the heart to tell him off yet.

"No! Can't you see Hanbin's the main man? Bobby's the filthy ex who broke her heart and now Hanbin came to the rescue. But wait!"

Junhoe makes a gesture with his hands that has Donghyuk doubling over in laughter. 

"Bobby's come to win her back again! Hanbin's going to be the nice guy and let her go but then they realise they're meant to be and a happily ever after ensues."

Hanbin feels himself laugh as well, too exasperated to tell them off. He wonders if the happily ever afters only happen to princes and princesses or if this time the drama will end a bit differently. He hopes it will. 

*

Bobby's by his doorstep the next day. It's sunny outside again and Hanbin wonders when the sun became alarming to him.

Bobby being there is somehow terrifying but also comforting. His mother's going to be out for at least another hour and what the heck, Hanbin wants to live a little. 

"Hey, come on in."

He smiles softly and wonders if Bobby can tell how fond he is of him. He bets he can. 

"Where's that little queen of yours?"

Hanbyul runs down the stairs and jumps into Bobby's arms. It's been a while since they've seen each other and Hanbyul's smile is blinding.

His heart swells at the sight and he tries burying down the butterflies that are piling in his stomach. 

"I'm here! I'm here!"

She gives Bobby a kiss on the cheek and he acts surprised. Hanbyul giggles and Bobby puts her down. She runs away and they get a moment for themselves.

"You came to study? Cause I'm so not in the mood to do physics right now."

Hanbin's not sure what he expects to be the answer but definitely not what he hears next.

"Came here to see you."

Bobby's smiling that smile, the one that's reserved just for him and Hanbin feels himself choke on his own saliva. 

Hanbyul's running back towards them and Bobby just gives him and exasperated sigh and chases after her. 

*

"You got me winded lil' one."

Bobby grabs Hanbyul and makes her sit on his lap. He's heaving and she's just as energized as before. 

"Already tired, huh?"

Hanbin moves towards the kitchen and Bobby follows, hands still holding her in place. Hanbyul giggles when he tries to tickle her and Hanbin can't help but smile. 

"Yeah, I'm not that young anymore you know."

Hanbin laughs and nods, making Bobby almost throw an apple towards him. 

"So what're we having for dinner, dear?"

Bobby lowers his voice as he talks in English and Hanbin's not that good in it but he can still understand what dear means. It makes him laugh out of nerves. 

"I don't know. We don't really have much to work with, sugar."

He says the last word in English and Bobby's smile is just as sweet as the endearment. Hanbyul starts whining that she doesn't understand so they switch back to Korean. 

"Maybe I can whip something up? I'm pretty good you know."

Bobby makes Hanbyul giggle one more time before putting her down and telling her to hide. 

Hanbin makes sure that Hanbyul knows the rules to hide and seek and that she won't try and hide in anywhere that could possibly hurt her. She nods and when he looks up, Bobby's staring at him like he's just seen god,making him snort. He moves back to their conversation, ignoring the tight feeling in his stomach. 

"Your cooking means take out right?"

Bobby rummages through his fridge and Hanbin can't seem to stop him. 

"No! I can actually cook. Just wait and see."

Hanbin sits by the counter, arms on his lap, staring intently at Bobby. Hoping that he doesn't burn the place down.

"Alright but it better be good. I'm starving."

*

He's making pancakes. Hanbin's never made pancakes himself and he doesn't know if its a good think or not.

Bobby's out looking for Hanbyul, almost forgetting the food and Hanbin keeps staring at the pancakes on the pan, worried that they'll burn. 

He's too unfamiliar with cooking to know if they're done or not so he opts for tasting the mixture instead. It's good, really good.

"Stop! Raise your hands in the air!"

Hanbin's smiling like an idiot when he turns around complying, fingers still dripping of dough. 

Bobby steps forward and starts patting him down. Hanbin's smile falters when his hands are  inches away from his crotch. Bobby continues with a slight tremble in his voice and Hanbin's kind of happy that he made it appear. 

"You're good to go Mr. Bin. I'll write you a ticket next time though."

Hanbin smiles, feeling Bobby's hands circling his waist with no indication of letting go. He's kind of dreamed about this for years now.

"Yes, sir. I'll try not to be a bad boy."

Bobby's laughing but his eyes keep circling back to Hanbins' mouth. His fingers move up, over his sides and ribs, making him tingle. He wants to let his arms fall but doesn't. Then Bobby's tickling his armpits and they almost stumble into the stove. 

", alright I'll finish this and you go clean yourself up."

Hanbin's still shaking a bit, reminding himself it's the laughter and not the closeness of their bodies. 

"Clean up?"

Bobby turns around smearing the dough all over his face and Hanbin yelps in surprise. It's cold but Bobby's fingers are hot as always. It's enough to make his nervous system collapse in on itself. Bobby takes a bit of it off his face and tastes it. Hanbin laughs and runs away when he tries it again.

It takes all of his willpower not to kiss him when he gets served a plate of pancakes with fresh blueberries and whipped cream. Bobby's american specialty. 

Hanbin's never been a dessert kinda guy but there's just something about the chocolate on Bobby's breath that has him addicted.

*

They're playing in the garden with Hanbyul and Hanbin's forgotten all about his mother and his responsibilities. 

All that matters is the present and Hanbin hasn't had this feeling in a while. 

They're playing some game that Hanbyul's learned in kintergarden. She's trying to explain it, both of them just looking at each other, lost but happy.

Hanbin can't seem to mind that she's blabbering. It's her and it's them and it feels so right. He looks at Bobby, who's just as fondly staring at his sister like he was a second ago.

The other must sense his gaze and looks up, their eyes meeting with longing and Hanbin swallows the smile that wants to burst out of him.

Bobby doesn't. Opting to stare at him with fondness and his trademark pearls until he breaks down, finally smiling too.

There's a loud thump and Hanbin wonders if he forgotten something on the patio table or if there's a knocking on the door. The weather is too good for his friends to not come over.

Instead it's his mother. Standing near the doors, grocery bag laying by her feet, a few oranges rolling out of it. 

Hanbin's smile falters and before he leaves towards her, Bobby gives his hand a reassuring squeeze, away from the prying eyes of his mother just to let him know he's there.

It's the most comforting thing Hanbin's ever felt in his whole entire life.

 

 

****

Sorry that the wait was a little longer this time but I was busy with school + this chapter really didnt wanna come out at first. Had to rewrite the beginning two times to actually get myself going. 

Hope you like it! And I'll go over any mistakes tomorrow, its super late here so.