Chapter 32

Dumb Dumb Dumb

I sat at the couch here in the living room, staring blankly at the black screen in front of me and simultaneously glancing at the wall clock that is hanging just above the tv. It’s been hours but I didn’t dare to move just an inch and I didn’t dare to leave my seat since I’m thinking that you will arrive in no time. I glance at the wall clock and it reads it’s almost midnight means you were out for almost 12 hours. You left after lunch saying that you need to go somewhere telling that you need to meet someone. I didn’t get a chance to react since you already bid your goodbye to us and hastily walks out to the front door of the house. The others just throws me a questionably look but I myself don’t know the answer too at your sudden rush so I just shrugged. And as I look at to my side I caught Tiffany unnie giving me an unreadable look and she quickly looks away and cleared before she’s gone to her shared room with Taeyeon unnie. I don’t know but I felt strange, I felt something that is not right but I just can’t pinpoint what is that something. I sigh when I took a glance at the walk clock again. I stood up to get some drinks at the kitchen.

 

After I’m done getting some drinks I heard some car engine outside so I walk back to the living room and took a peak at the windows. I saw you waving at the car that makes its way to leave but I didn’t saw the owner so I just shrugged. But just like before, I felt strange and I don’t know. As I saw you slowly walking at the path way I hurriedly run back to the couch at the living room and sat there acting like I didn’t see anything. I sat there comfortably while taking a sip at my drink. The front door opened revealing you with a smile plastered on your face. Our eyes met, yours turns wide in shock while mine remained connected to your own pair silently asking where you have been. But I guess you didn’t understand my silent question. You beam a smile to me before you walk towards to me and took a sit beside me. I don’t know why I am feeling this weird thing, saying that there is something that is not right.

 

I didn’t look at you and just remain to face the front. I see from the corner of my eyes that you were leaning your face to mine and was about to kiss me on the cheek but I tilted my head at the opposite side instead. I heard you gasp but I still choose to not look at your direction. I felt you hold my hand and I took a deep breath.

 

“Yoong?” You call me softly. I closed my eyes to ease the strange feeling that is starting to creep in heart since you left this lunch. I sigh before daring myself to ask you a question that I didn’t know if you were going to answer or not.

“Where were you?”

Silence. That’s the thing engulfed us. I felt you squeezed my hand a little and from that I know that you won’t answer. I refrain myself to show any emotions and instead I just closed my eyes again before I heard you say something.

“I’m tired Yoong, let’s go to sleep.” You said and I felt you slowly retreating your hold from mine. I open my eyes and saw you standing in front of me.

“Did you wait for me?” You ask and I didn’t know what got to myself but I shook my head and denied everything.

“I was doing something before and I’m not really sleepy that yet.” I said and you just nod your head.

“Okay then, are you joining me to bed now?” You said and once again I shook my head and you throw me a confused look for a second. I beam you a smile.

“I’ll follow, I’ll just settle some things.” You look at me a little bit hesitant but in the end you nod your head since you said you were already sleepy and tired.

 

I suddenly remember your talk with Tiffany unnie the other day. The talk that I accidently heard. I felt my heart tightens at the thought and I unconsciously held the can of my drink tight crushing it on purpose.

 

‘Are you with him the whole time?’

 

I bit my lower lip and try to erase the thought that is running in my head. I guess I’m too preoccupied by things that I didn’t recognize someone took a sit beside me until that someone made her existence known. I look at my side and it turns out that it is you with now in your pajamas. You tug the can that I am holding and looks at me worriedly.

 

“Are you okay Yoong?” I just nod my head and your face turns more worried than before. You hold both of my hands and rest it on top of your thighs.

“Is there something wrong?”

 

‘I don’t know, maybe?’

I shook my head and you squint your eyes, looking at me skeptically.

 

“Something’s bothering you then?”

‘Too many things Sooyeon ah.’

I shook my head once again. I just can’t tell you that there is some things bothering me. I just can’t, just not now.

 

“You sure?” I nodded and you pout. This time it’s my time to squint my eyes on you.

“Why?”

“You said you’re going to follow me at bed?”

“I will.” And you pouts your lips more.

“You took too long.” I raised an eye brow to you then you tug the sleeves of my shirt like a kid. I look at you confused but you just continue tugging the sleeves of my shirt.

“Did I?” You nod and I just hum.

“Let’s sleep now, I can’t sleep without you beside me.” You said softly and gives me a soft smile. I look at you kinda confused.

“But you basically kicked me out the other day.”

“That’s a different story Yoong.” You half whine and cooed. I smile at you and ruffles your hair. You glared at me and lightly swatted my hand that messing your hair. I chuckle and was about to peck you on the lips but you tilted your head at the side. I look at you confused and you just raised one of your eye brows.

“You did that to me before, I felt rejected though.” You said and crossed your arms above your chest, sulking. I look at you amuse before I release a low chuckle.

“Did you?”

“I am!” You suddenly outburst and I slightly jumped at my spot. You quickly put a hand on your mouth and repeat what you said in a calmer tone.

“I am. I mean you…I feel…you know…aish whatever nevermind.” You said and kicks your legs in the air.

‘Cute’

 

I chuckle at your childish acts and you turn your head to me and throw me another glare.

“What?”

“Let’s sleep” You said and I just nod.

 

 

I’m not stupid to not notice that Sooyeon is always out. She always say that she will go out and meet someone. Someone that I didn’t know. And she even said that I should not worry since everything is fine and that makes me think, is everything really fine? Or is she hiding something from me. Even though I don’t like that kind of thoughts running inside my head but I can’t do anything to stop it. I’m already missing her even though we see each other every day but the feeling that there is something in between the two of you that makes you feel that you didn’t see her every day because the truth is she’s always out and will be back late at night or worst at the wee hours. Maybe she think that I didn’t notice it but she’s wrong. It’s been a couple of days already since she starts her weird routine, going out after lunch and comes back late at night and this doings of her makes me reach my limit.

 

It is already 10 pm at the evening and I’m expecting her to come back in between 11 or 12. We are all here at the living room watching the movie inside out, I didn’t really pay attention at the movie since my eyes are always looking at the time. Then I heard a car engine turns off out the house I look up at the clock and it reads 10:11 pm at the evening.

 

“Oh she’s back already?”

I stayed still at my seat waiting for the front door to open and when it does I just quickly glance at her. I don’t know to myself but I felt something on my chest that is hard to explain, it feels like it was going to explode if I didn’t speak out my thoughts. It seems Sooyoung already known her presence too so she greet Sooyeon.

 

“Oh Sica you’re back.” Sooyoung casually said and Sooyeon just timidly smile at her and gives her a nod. I saw her quickly glance at Tiffany unnie and I swear that they are hiding something. I clench my jaw to remain myself calm. She kissed my cheeks and was about to go upstairs but I didn’t let her.

“Where have you been?” I said casually and she turns to look at me. I look up at her with a stoic face and she gives me a smile.

“Hi. I’m tired let’s talk about this some other time, okay?” She said and pats my shoulder softly and once again she was ready to leave but just like before I didn’t let her. I want to know where she have been and with whom she is with. So I repeat my question, firmly now.

“Where have you been?” I said with my firm voice and I saw from the corner of my eyes that the others looks to our way and stop watching the movie, their attention are fully on us now. Sooyeon furrowed her eye brows and sighs.

“Yoona I said I’m tir…” I cut her off.

“I said. Where. Have. You. Been. Jessica?” I said with so much venom in each words. I try to hold myself but I think I already reach my limit. She’s been always out for consecutive days and comes back late at night. Did she already forgot that she has someone waiting for her to come home?. She didn’t answer and just stays silent and this adds more fuel to the fire that is burning inside my chest. I look at her with my eyes mix with anger, madness, and sadness and so on. I took a deep breath to prolong my calmness.

“You’re always been out for I don’t know how long and you’re always out every now and then and just comes back late at night. Were where you really?” I said calmly as much as possible looking straight to her eyes. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath I guess she’s trying to stay calm too.

“Yoona.” She started and I remained silent.

“I’m tired. Let’s talk about this tomorrow.” She continue and open her eyes and she immediately found mine that is still looking at her and her only.

“I said where have you been Jessica?” And that’s it I already loose it. I raised my voice for her to tell that I didn’t like any of her doings and it seems like she was surprised same with the others too that I heard that they gasp. And it seems that she too loose it already because she say with her voice raised too, the words

“What’s wrong with you huh? Can’t you understand that I’m tired? Which part of that, that you can’t understand?!” She said and I clench my jaw hard. Really? She has the gut to be mad at me when all I did is to ask her. What the heck is happening to us right know?. We remain our eye contact, hers is mad and I think mine is a mix of furious and pain. The atmosphere between us turns cold and neither the two of us spoke a word after that.

“Hey, you guys talk about this matter tomorrow maybe…” Taeyeon unnie said but I quickly cut her off.

“Shut it!” I said firmly and I abruptly stood up from my seat and me and Sooyeon are now come face to face. Eyes still connected with our jaws clench tight. I squint my eyes at her and she scoffs.

“Yoong.” Taeyeon unnie calls me softly. I want to say sorry to her since I didn’t meant the rude behavior towards her before but not now.

“You’re tired?” I grit my teeth harder and clench my fist. I scoff before I continue.

“Maybe you’re also tired about this whole ing relationship of ours? So you go out and have fun there with I don’t know with whom and forget that you have a ing lover that is waiting for you to come home. Yes?” I said and I slightly tilt my head at the side. I don’t know what’s gotten to me but I feel mad. Sooyeon’s eyes widen and everyone gasp.

“What?!” Is all that she can say.

“Yoona….” I quickly turn to the others with my furious eyes.

“I said shut it!” I raised my voice and I can tell that they are beyond surprise base on their expression. I really want to stop myself but I can’t and I don’t know why.

“You’re unbelievable.” I heard Sooyeon whispers but loud enough for me and the others to hear. I snaps my head back at her and saw her looking at me like as if I grow another head. I scoffs and raised my both eye brows as if to mock her.

“Oh yeah.” I said mockingly. She continue to stare at me and she slowly shook her head.

“Bull!”

“Yeah Bull!”

“You know what? Go on, think whatever you want to think! I’m done with this whole bull thing!” She said with her hands flailing aimlessly up in the hair.

“Of course you are!”

“Yeah whatever!” She said and glared at me before she leaves, making her way upstairs with her loud footsteps and she closed the door of our shared room with a loud thud. I clench my teeth and took a quick glance at the others who were still stunned at their seats. I grabbed my car keys at the key rock and makes my way at the front door of the house.

“Yoong…” I heard them call me but I didn’t look back and ignore them calling me.

“.” I muttered under my breath before I closed the front door of the house with a loud thud.

 

I know we are on each other’s throat before and I felt guilty about it. I never want us to fight but I can’t control myself before and I can’t do anything about it. I sighs as I sat here at one of the bench at the Han River. I am still mad, but not with her but to myself. I feel disappointed with my own self. My phone rings and I just answer it without looking at the caller I.D.

“Hello?” I answer timidly. It feels like all of my energy is all gone now that I can’t even barely talk right now. There is a long paused at the other side so I answer again thinking that the caller might not here me.

“Hello?” But still I got no response. I furrowed my eye brows and pulls away the phone from my ear to look who is the caller but it is an unregistered number.

“Huh?” I muttered under my breath before I place back my phone to my ear.

“Uhhm Hello? Who is…” But I don’t have the opportunity to finish my words when the person on the other line finally spoke.

“Yoongie.”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ehehehe please spare my life don't kill me yet. So yeah hehe please do leave your comments down there because I love to read them. I hope you enjoy this update.

 

Annyeong~~