Chapter 18

Dumb Dumb Dumb

She stared blankly at view in front of her. Her thoughts is still wondering about what she heard even though it’s been already a few days but she can’t do anything she can’t help herself to still think about it. And here she is sitting at the veranda staring blankly at the front yard. A sigh escape from her lips for the nth time today, she leans her back at her chair. Pressing her fingers to her temple trying not to think about what happened a few days ago.

 

“Penny for your thoughts?” Suddenly a voice was heard and Yoona opens her eyes to meet a pair of eyes looking at her. She smile at her.

“Hey. I’m just relaxing, I am not thinking about something.” Yoona said and motion to the latter to take a sit beside her which the latter did.

“You seems like you are thinking about something, really. Are you okay?” The latter said and Yoona just smile at her and nods her head.

Why are you guys all asking me if I am okay? If told you guys that I am not, will you guys going to stop that damn question because as long as I want to be okay, I can’t because I am ing hurt. You guys get that? I. Am. ing. Hurt. I really I am.

 

“I am Yul. Thanks for asking.” Yoona said and Yuri looks at her skeptically.

“You don’t want us to worry, that’s why you’re keeping it to yourself, right?” Yuri said before she looks away and drew a smile to her lips and shook her head.

“It’s not like that Yul.” Yoona said trying to defend herself to the latter. Yuri chuckles and waves her hands dismissively.

“No, it’s okay I understand if you don’t want to tell us right now. Just, remember that it’s okay to share it with others when you felt like you can’t handle it anymore, hmm?” Yuri said and looks at Yoona once again and smile to her warmly. Yoona’s felt touched at Yuri’s words so chose to be silent.

“Even though I chose not to say a word to you, I know you Yoong, I know that there is something bothering you. I am here if you need someone, okay?” Yuri said with so much sincerity in her voice. Eyes looking at Yoona full of concern. Yoona chuckles trying to lighten up the atmosphere.

“Being serious doesn’t suit you Yul.” Yoona said and knocks Yuri’s forehead. Yuri chuckles and scratch her nape.

“Is that so? I should not do it again, maybe.” Yuri said and laugh, Yoona joins her and soon after they are both laughing and just enjoying the moment but not until someone clears at their back. They both look at their back and saw a figure looking at them while leaning her back at the wall. Yuri turn to Yoona and smile.

“I’m going inside now, Yoong.” Yuri said and Yoona looks at her questionably.

“And Hi to you Sica ah.” Yuri said and waves to Jessica who is still at their back looking at them. Yuri pats Yoona’s shoulder before she stood up.

“I’m going now.” Yuri said and left the two there with an awkward atmosphere. Yoona is cursing Yuri inside her head for leaving her alone with Jessica. Jessica stood there and stays silent while Yoona avoids to make an eye contact to her. Yoona looks at the front yard again until she felt Jessica occupied the seat beside her where Yuri sat on before. Yoona didn’t dare herself to look at the girl beside her. She tries avoiding the latter this past few days so at least she can lessen the pain that she’s feeling right now. Jessica cleared before she spoke.

 

“What are you guys laughing at?” Jessica said trying to open a topic.

Keep your answer short Yoona ah, as long as you can.

“Nothing.” Yoona said shorty, Jessica frowns at the lack of reply.

“Hey are we….” Jessica’s words were cut off by Yoona.

“I should go get inside now too, how about you?” Yoona said and forces a smile to Jessica. As long as she wants, she doesn’t want any interaction to the latter now, not when she’s still in pain, not when she’s still hurting from the latter’s words that up until now hunting her. Jessica just look at her stunned. When Yoona didn’t get an answer from the older girl she stood up from her seat.

“I’m going in now.” Yoona said and turns her back to Jessica immediately after she finished her words not waiting for the older girl to give her a response. Jessica blinks her eyes rapidly and looks at Yoona’s back that is now making her way inside the house.

“Are we okay? Because we seems like we are not.” Jessica mumbles to herself and she felt something inside her. She felt her heart clench at the thought that she and Yoona are not in good terms.

“Did I do something wrong?” She ask herself but she herself can’t tell if she did something wrong to the younger girl.

“Why do I feel like you are avoiding me Yoona ah?” Jessica mumbles to herself and she felt her heart clench more.

“Why do I feel hurt just thinking about you, avoiding me?”

“Why do I need to feel like my heart is being clench when you give me short answers?”

“Why do I feel like you are so near yet I can’t reach you?”

“Why do I feel like I am missing you when after all I’m seeing you every day?”

“And why do I feel like I am loosing you?” Jessica continues to flood herself a lot of question that she herself can’t answer.

“Just why do I need to feel all of this? Just why Yoona? Did I do something wrong? If I did, please at least let me know. So at least I can ask for your forgiveness.” Jessica said and buried her face to her hands. Sighing heavily because she didn’t know what is really happening between her and Yoona now.

“You okay?” Suddenly Taeyeon pops beside her without her notice. Jessica looks up to her and saw Taeyeon beaming a smile to her.

“Taeng.” Jessica calls her weakly and Taeyeon seems to know it why. She took a sit beside her still with her genuine smile.

“Yes it’s me.” Taeyeon jokingly said and Jessica release a small laugh.

“You seem….” Taeyeon’s words were cut off by Jessica.

“Thinking about something?” Jessica said with her eyes fixed at the front yard.

“Something or someone?” Taeyeon said and it catches Jessica’s attention.

“You know?” Jessica said and Taeyeon nods her head.

“I’ve notice that too, and the others too. We just stayed silent because we don’t want to pry between the two of you.” Taeyeon said before she turn her attention at the sky. They both stay silent before Jessica release a sigh.

“I don’t know what to do anymore, I don’t know what happened and what’s happening. I can’t think about it anymore.” Jessica said with a hint of a sadness on her voice that Taeyeon notice. Taeyeon looks at her side and saw Jessica burying her face to her hands once again. Taeyeon looks at her with concern.

“I just don’t know what I did for her to be like that, like this to me. Taeng, I just don’t know.” Jessica said weakly with her face still buried at her hands. Taeyeon stayed silent not knowing what to say too. She just stays at Jessica’s side while rubbing the latter’s back to comfort.

“I don’t get her.” Jessica said and shook her head and looks at Taeyeon who just smile and nods at her. Jessica sighs when she knows that Taeyeon don’t know what to do too but she can’t blame her, she doesn’t know what happen and she herself too didn’t know what happen between her and Yoona, it’s just that one day everything turns out to be like this.

“Sorry for being a bother to you Taeng.” Taeyeon shook her head at her.

“You’re not a bother Sica ah.” Taeyeon said and smiles at her. Jessica smile a little at her before she looks up at the sky.

Just why it turns out like this?

 

 

As Yoona walks down the hallway with her mind wondering to something she suddenly bumps to someone causing for that someone to fall on the floor, bottom first while the books that she’s been holding before are now all scattered to the floor. The girl groan when she felt pain from her bottom. Yoona’s eyes widen and bowed at the girl that is in front of her.

 

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry I didn’t see you coming.” Yoona said and help the girl to stand up. Yoona bent down to gather all the books that is being scattered at the floor.

“Here I’m sor…SinB ssi?” Yoona’s eyes widen and so SinB’s too.

“Yoona sunbae-nim.” SinB said with her eyes still wide from surprise. Yoona chuckles and hands SinB her books.

“We meet again.” Yoona said smiling at the younger girl.

“Ah y-yeh.” SinB said and grabs her books from the older girl.

“Seems like you’re in a hurry? Are you coming late again?” Yoona said teasing the younger girl a bit before she chuckles when she saw SinB’s flustered face.

“Kind o-of.” SinB said lowering her head from embarrassment and bit her lower lip.

“Aigoo, you should go now then. Be careful on your way okay?” Yoona said and pats SinB’s shoulder.

“Y-yeh, I gotta go now sunbae-nim. It’s nice to meet you again.” SinB said and bows to her before she left. Yoona chuckles and when she turn her back she saw someone is standing not so far from her. The person walks towards to her and Yoona tries to stay cool.

“Yoona ah.”

“Oh, Sica ah.” Yoona said and smile at her.

“Ahhm ahh.” Jessica fumbles to her words and Yoona just looks at her waiting for her to speak.

“A-are you a-avoiding me?” Jessica gather all her courage to ask the question and looks at Yoona straight to the eyes. Yoona already saw it coming so she just put a smile on her lips.

I knew it. So you already notice ha?

“Why would I?” Instead of an answer Jessica receive a question too, she frowns a little but she decided to answer the latter’s question.

“It’s just that…” but before she can finish her words Yoona cuts her off.

“Ahh~~ I gotta go now I need to do something first.” Yoona said while her hands is making some gestures. Jessica looks at her confused.

“But class will start soon.” Jessica said but she just receive a shrugs and a smile to Yoona.

“I’m going to class afterwards. Bye. See you later.” Yoona said and once again she left Jessica without waiting for the older girl’s response.

“Why? Just why?” Jessica mumbles before she turn to her heels and walks towards to their room.

 

 

She receive a weird look from the other girls as soon as she steps inside their classroom. She settled down on her seat lifelessly. Her friends continue to give her a weird look but she didn’t mind. She just sat there with her mind thinking about things.

“I am fine guys.” She said without looking at her friends.

“We are not asking you though.” Tiffany said and she receive a glare from Jessica but she just shrugs her shoulders and stuck her tongue out.

“What’s with the look Sica ah?” Sunny ask and tilts her head at the side.

“Nothing.”

“Are you okay?” Hyoyeon ask while she furrowed her brows to the latter.

“I guess I am.” Jessica said and the others just stay silent for a while before they nod their head.

“What happened?” Sooyoung said and Jessica just shrugs.

What happened? I don’t know too Soo, I don’t know.

“Nothing.” Jessica said trying to end the conversation. And she’s thankful that it seems like her friends gets it that she didn’t want to talk right now since after she answers Sooyoung question they all stays silent.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I swear, I swear this will be my last update hahaha. Because it seems like I will be busy for the next two weeks I guess. Soooo here it is hahahaha let me turn the table slowly okay? hahahaha and you guys hate me now? I am hurt you know (laugh) kidding. I am actually enjoying reading your comments. Please do leave a comment below it's fun to read and it motivates me. And I guess I now receive a name like 'evil author' or 'bad author' hahahaha, seriously guys? Anyways I hope you guys enjoy this torture (coughs) I mean chapter hahaha.

Annyeong~~