who are you?

if you...

 

Hyomin’s heart beat so fast when she saw who was calling. She felt the words suddenly turned dark. Her sweat slowly flew down from her head. She looked blank to the phone. Her mind kept asking the same question that kept repeat from her head.

 

Why is she calling? Why now?

is she coming back?

 

Hyomin looked at her phone again. she swallowed her saliva to her dry throat and tapped the green button as an answer of the call.

 

“H-Hey, Eunjung-ah.” hyomin started the words with a tremble voice., she was trying her best to not make her nervousness obvious.

 

“Hyomin!” eunjung said on the other line happily. From her voice, hyomin could know that eunjung was feeling excited in this call.

 

But hyomin couldn’t reply and remained silent, waiting for her next words. Maybe she noticed it that’s why she speaks again,

 

“I’m home, dude. I already came back from US.” And again, hyomin could feel like she’s smiling right now.

 

But for hyomin? She felt so worse. she missed her. she really did. She miss her best friend. But not for now. after everything that happened. It was a mess. Her timing was so so so wrong!

 

“How’s my girlfriend?” she asked but hyomin couldn’t give any answer. She suddenly became like a statue. hyomin know who she’s referring to. Her girlfriend. Her girlfriend is  my best friend, my little sister. Park Jiyeon

 

“She’s not answering my calls for almost a month now. What happened?”

 

For a while, hyomin forgot how to speak. She didn’t know what to say and how to start. She kept grumble in her heart and in her mind. Why is this happening right now seriously?! How could i say to her...

 

“Hey, still there?”

 

hyomin blinked and got back into reality. Mianhe eunjung~ah..

 

She faked a cough, “Ah.. yeah, yeah.”

 

“I said what happened to my girlfriend?”

 

Here’s this question again! “Ah.. Jiyeon? S-she’s just really busy that she always shuts her phone down.”

 

“Oh. I see.. but, are you together right now? Can I talk to her?”

 

hyomin facepalmed. She felt so frustrated, sorry Eunjung but I have to lie, “Uhh.. no. She’s with Auntie and Uncle.” She said in a low voice. She didn’t want Jiyeon to hear it.

 

Hyomin could hear her sigh on the other line,

 

“Alright. If she’s home already, call me. Tell her I love her and I miss her so much.”

 

Hyomin nodded and bit her lips, “Okay. You too, take care.”

 

She hang up the phone and walked inside the room again. “i’m sorry.. we can go now”

 

Jiyeon wanted to ask who was the caller but....... hyomin didn’t look good after the call so she decided to be silent.

 

Jiyeon nodded and walked first while hyomin was following her and staring at her back.

 

I’m sorry I have to keep things for now, Jiyeon-ya. It’s my mistake. Really really my mistake.

 

 

Park Jiyeon’s POV

 

We just finished enrolling ourselves and decided to stay here in the school for a while.

 

“Wow. This school is just amazing.” I said, really admiring the university I’m in.

 

It’s building is made of glass with a lot of green area around the building. There were also some water fall and flower garden. Who wouldn’t say ‘wow’ at this?

 

“I told you.” Hyomin said. I looked at her and I saw her wink at me. Pfftttft. Okay, I could tell that winking suits her so much. I wonder how many girlfriends or boyfriends did she had already.

 

We were busy roaming in the school when I saw a familiar place. A garden and... the tree...

 

It’s familiar but this was the first time I saw it. Is this Dejavu? Where i had ever seen it?

 

It’s like I always come here with—

 

Wait.. my head hurt again. “Aaahh...”

 

I held my head using both of my hands. It really killed me.

 

“M-Hyomin eonnie...”

 

My eyes were closed tightly. The pain... it’s different. It’s not just a headache. “Aaaaaaah!” I started to scream.

 

The girl... i wanted to see her face.. but.. the pain,. It’s killing me..

 

I felt hands holding my wrist and pulled me into her embrace. “W-what’s happening?!” I knew it’s Hyomin eonnie. And I knew she’s in panic.

 

But the memories kept flowing in my mind.

 

Two girls were sitting under the tree. The one with the black hair was leaning on the tree while the other one’s leaning on her chest. The black haired girl’s arm was wrapped around the other’s shoulder.

 

“What do you want for your future?” the black-haired girl and seemed to be the older, asked.

 

“Hm.. I just want a simple house, kids and of course, I want to be with you.” The younger one mumbled.

 

“Really? You want to be with me? But I can’t give you a child.”

 

“It’s fine. We can adopt. I just want you by my side.”

 

They both smiled and looked at each other.

 

“I love you, babe.” Said the older girl.

 

“I love you more.” The younger one replied.

 

 

The flashback-like scene in my mind finally stopped and it left me breathing so fast. I’m running out of air.

 

Why... was this happening?

 

This also happened a while ago when we were still at our house. When a scene of the same girls suddenly got in my mind and played like a movie. I couldn’t see their faces because of too much light but I knew the girls in my mind earlier when I was still at the house and the girls that I saw in my mind just now were the same. What are these all about?

 

I opened my eyes and saw Hyomin eonnie holding both of my cheeks with her worried look.

 

“eonnie..” I whispered. I was just about to say something but she suddenly pulled me into a tight hug.

 

“Are you okay?” asked Hyomin. She’s obviously worried about me.

 

I was touched but I’m already okay. “Y-yeah. I think it’s a part of.. you know.”

 

She let me go from the hug slowly, “Part of recovery? No! Why does it seem like it gets worse?!”

 

“Hey, hey.. calm down.” I knew she worried so much about me. i didn’t want to make her worry.

 

“Sorry.” She apologized to me.

 

“It’s okay. I know you’re just worried.” I smiled and she did the same. “I think it’s better if we go home now. I want to rest. If it is okay to you?”

 

“Yeah sure. Let’s go.” She agreed.

 

 

***

 

Third person’s POV

 

It’s another day and Hyomin totally forgot about Eunjung already. She focused on taking care of Jiyeon that’s why. The younger one was really important to her. She didn’t want Jiyeon’s condition to get worse.

 

They were in the living room. Jiyeon requested it, she said she doesn’t want to stay in her room forever. It’s quite boring.

 

Hyomin noticed that Jiyeon was staring at the “Ej” necklace for a long time. There, she just remembered Eunjung and.. her mistake. Why does life always has to make me remember my dumbness? my carelessness? WHY?

 

“Why?” Jiyeon spoke while still looking on the pendant.

 

Hyomin was surprised because of Jiyeon’s sudden question.

 

“What ‘why’?” she asked back the latter.

 

“why are you staring at me?” Jiyeon looked at Hyomin

 

Hyomin didn’t know how to answer. “N-nothing.. the necklace is just.. really pretty.”

 

Silence for a few seconds before jiyeon looked back at her necklace

 

“I wonder where did this come from because I can’t remember anybody who gave me a necklace.” She said in clueless.

 

Did she really forget about Eunjung? Wow.. Eunjung’s really really important to her. It’s hard to think that she forgot about her by just a snap. Oh well, it wasn’t really just a snap but still, it’s unbelievable. Hyomin thought.

 

“Well, I don’t know either so.. I can’t help you answer it.” Again.. hyomin lied to her

 

“I’m dying because of curiosity!” Jiyeon pouted which Hyomin found so cute. Heat rose up Hyomin’s cheeks because of cute Jiyeon but still managed to act normal.

 

“Jiyeon-yah, sometimes, ourselves are also the only person who could answer our own questions. If you tried to look for the answer with the other’s help a lot of time already but still the answer doesn’t show itself, maybe all you have to do is to wait for the right time. Don’t stress yourself too much because of that. Just wait. You can’t force the truth to come out just like this or that or these or those.”

 

Jiyeon shrugged and let the pendant off her hand.

 

“You want some juice?” asked Hyomin.

 

“Sure.”

 

“Okay. Wait for me here.”

 

Then Hyomin stood up and went in the kitchen. While Hyomin’s preparing the juice, Jiyeon’s quietly playing her hair in the room but the sound of the doorbell surprised her. Who would visit their house in a super sunny day like this? Plus.. the sun is really hot these days.

 

Whatever, she had no choice but to open the door.

 

A pretty girl was wearing a simple white shirt and ripped jeans showed up, she’s smiling and her smile was so bright. 

 

“Babe!” Jiyeon’s eyes widened because of the girl’s greeting.

 

BABE? WHAT BABE? She thought.

 

Eunjung was just about to hug Jiyeon but she moved backward, “wait..” Jiyeon said, it made the unknown girl frowned.

 

“Who are you?”

 

Eunjung stiffed because of her girlfriend’s question, “w..what?”