Hyomin POV

if you...

Park Hyomin’s POV

 

I don’t know... if I’m still in my right mind or if I’m still doing the right thing.

Why am I pushing Jiyeon to someone else if I know I could really get her and make her fall for me easily? Why do I want to feel the pain again? Why do I have to sacrifice my own happiness for my love’s real and true bliss? Why do I love pain so much? Why does pain love me so much? Why am I like this?

I hate myself for being a masochist.

I’m staring at my reflection in the mirror. Drops of water are rolling down my face—are these water or tears?

My attention got caught by the three consecutive knocks on my bathroom’s door.

“Hyomin? Are you okay there? You’ve been there for almost 30 minutes now..” I heard her voice. It sounds so concerned.

Her voice. The voice that is my strength, but is also my weakness.

She is my biggest strength, but is also my biggest weakness.

“minnie?”

Why does she have to call me that way? I hate it!

It makes her more attractive for me!

“Ah.. yes. Yes of course.” I lied.

I also become a liar because of her. Damn it!

“Okay. I’ll just.. keep on waiting for you here.” She said and I heard her footsteps getting away from here.

I’ll just keep on waiting for you.

I should be the one who said it to her.

I should be..

I sighed deeply before touching the doorknob and opening the door.

I immediately saw her doing something with her phone.

They say people are prettier when they focus on something. Jiyeon makes me believe it.

“You’re staring at me again.” My eyes widen when she said that. What the hell why does she have to notice me staring at her? It happens a lot like every time! She then looked at me with a smile, “Am I that pretty?”

I nodded.

What the hell why did I nod I should’ve just laughed and say “wow you’re really funny.”

WHY THE HELL DID I NOD

 

She giggled. Ugh, she’s cute! “You look like you saw a ghost. What happened? Why is your face so wet?” she rose from my bed and stroll towards my cabinet. She opened it and I saw her getting a towel.

I smiled. I swear Eunjung was really lucky to have her, she’s so caring. No doubt Eunjung can’t let her go just like that.

The next thing I knew was she is already standing in front of me offering me the towel she got.

“Here. Wipe it off.” She said.

I don’t know but I don’t want to move. I just want to stare at her face -- her pretty stunning face.

“eonnie?”

But still, I’m just staring at her.

“Alright. I think I know what you want.”

I was surprised when she suddenly moved closer to me and wipes the drops of the water on my face. I feel like I’m paralyzed.

“Stop.” I said. She looked at me with her confused eyes.

“What—“

I grabbed her by her waist, pulled her the closest and touched her lips using mine.

It’s obvious that she’s shocked because of what I am doing but no, I can’t help it anymore.

 

 

 

“Hyomin eonnie? Are you listening?”

 

I came back to reality when Jiyeon poked my nose.

WHAT’S THAT DAMN IMAGINATION ALL ABOUT?!

 

 

 

“Huh?” that’s all I can say.

 

 

“Are you sure you’re okay?” she asked and she looked like she’s really concerned.

I smiled. I don’t know if I did it awkwardly or normally but I didn’t care.

“Yes. I.. was just thinking about a certain girl who caught my—“

“Wait, what?”

Her reaction makes me wanna think that she doesn’t like what I’ve said.

I just told her I was thinking about a certain girl who—

She speaks again, “Do you like someone?”

“Yes.” I answered directly.

“Who? Do I know him or her?”

I raised an eyebrow.

Why is she suddenly interrogating me about it?

Is she perhaps.. jealous?

“Why are you asking me these questions?”

“Because I want to know.” She answered

“Why do you want to know?” i’m asking her again

“Because I care.” She looked really serious.

“Care? For what?”

She didn’t answer my question immediately, but she does, “For you.”

I didn’t stop myself from smiling. Why is this girl so amazing? Tch.

 

 

“Now answer me,” she continued, “Who’s the lucky person?”

If you only know.. it’s you.

“Uh......”

*phone ringing*

I get my phone from my pocket and look who’s calling..

Eunjung calling...

Woooh! Saved by yours truly, Ham Eunjung.

“Oh. Please excuse me I’ll just answer this.” I smiled before turning my back and answering the phone call.

 

[Hyomin-ya..]

 

“Yes? Why did you call all of a sudden?”

 

I heard her sighed on the other line,

 

[I can’t calm. I want to go there. I want to see her.]

 

I did not speak. I don’t know what to say. I can help her but.. I don’t want to end this moment with Jiyeon.

 

[Hyomin.. please?]

 

This time, I was the one who sighed, “Fine. You can meet her but not here, okay? Do you still remember the park near here?”

 

 I can feel her smiling, tch.

 

[Of course.]

 

“Okay. I’ll just tell her to get ready.”

 

[Promise?]

 

“Yes. Promise.” I said but she did not answer.

 

Did she hang up already? What a disrespectful lady. Tch.

 

I was about to put my phone back to my pocket when I heard Eunjung spoke from the other line again.

 

Oh, I see. She did not hang up.

 

[Thank you.]

 

I suddenly smiled.

 

I don’t know. Though what I’m doing right now really is painful, I’m happy because my best buddy is happy. I made her happy. And I knew, when Jiyeon finally remembered Eunjung, she’ll be happy too and they could start new and better memories.

 

“No worries.” That’s all and I hung up.

 

I thought Eunjung was the one who’s disrespectful; it turned out to be me pft.

 

I faced Jiyeon again.

“Jiyeon, Eunjung wants to meet you at the park.”

Her brows suddenly met. “Eunjung? The one who claims to be my girlfriend? No.”

 I’m happy she doesn’t want to see Eunjung. But I’ve already promised Eunjung that she’d meet Jiyeon today.

“Jiyeon, she’s really your girlfriend. Believe me, okay? Why don’t you give her a chance to prove that? Don’t be so rude to her, Jiyeon. You don’t know how much you love each other before that accident happened.”

“I don’t like her!” she protested.

“Don’t say such thing, Jiyeon.” I said and held her shoulders, “Just at least give it a try. If it works, then continue. If it doesn’t work, then stop. You’ll be happy and safe with her. I promise.”

She sighed, “fine. I’ll do this because I believe in you.”

 I smiled sincerely and ruffled her hair before walking towards the door.

 

“Hyomin eonnie..” I stopped walking when she called me.

I faced her direction and see her back facing me. “Hm?”  I asked.

“Don’t date anyone.”

My eyes widen a little, “Why?”

“Please focus on me..” I gulped because of what she said. “..until I recover completely.”

I took a deep breath. “I won’t. I don’t have plans yet.”

“Thank you.”

I could only smile painly “No worries.”

Then suddenly, an awkward silence covered us up so I decided to finally step out of the room and close the door. I leaned on it and close my eyes.

 

Is she jealous?

Why does she want me to focus on her?

Oh great I forgot she just wants me to focus on her UNTIL SHE RECOVERS COMPLETELY.

DAMN YOU PARK HYOMIN DON’T PUT YOUR HOPES UP.

 

 

 

---

i can't promise for eunyeon

i can't promise for minyeon

i can't promise for minkyul

i also can't promise for hamkyul

but i promise this is T-ara pairing.

so don't put a lot of hope in this fanfic

i write just for fun.. not for headache~