Fixing her fault

if you...

Eunjung still couldn’t move.

 

“Who are you?”

“Who are you?”

“Who are you?”

 

Jiyeon’s voice kept on flashing back in Eunjung’s mind. Her heart was racing like damn, she sweat. What was that question all about?

 

“B-babe—“ Eunjung was cut short by Jiyeon.

 

“Wait, what?” Jiyeon asked again when she heard Eunjung called her ‘babe’ again, “Babe? Excuse me, but do I know you?” she started to get irritated. She didn’t usually lose her patience easily. How came this girl in front of her gets into her nerves already?

 

While on Eunjung’s side, she wass holding her tears back, preventing them to fall. She wanted to just think that that moment was only a dream but no, she could clearly see Jiyeon and hears all of her words.

 

“You’re joking, right?” Eunjung then pulled the younger woman into a tight hug, not waiting for its response. She’s afraid she might receive a ‘who are you’ or ‘do I know you’ again from her love.

 

And she did.

 

“Can you please get off me?!” Jiyeon yelled and pushed Eunjung harshly, “WHO. ARE. YOU?!” Jiyeon shot an angry look at Eunjung.

 

“Babe.. look, I’m sorry if I didn’t come back earlier. I just really have to obey my parents—“ and Eunjung was cut short by Jiyeon,

 

“why are you explaining? I don’t know you! And can you please stop calling me babe?!”

 

Eunjung could feel her heart crash into pieces. She thought she’d be happy to see Jiyeon again, and she thought Jiyeon would welcome her with open arms but what’s happening here?

 

“Stop joking because I’m totally serious here.” Eunjung bit her lower lip. She didn’t want her tears to flow. She just thought that Jiyeon was only joking.

 

Yes. She would just think that Jiyeon was joking.

 

The younger raised one of her brow, “Do I look like I’m joking?”

 

Eunjung clenched her jaw. She wanted to longer her patience but what’s happening to Jiyeon? To her love? To her lover? She couldn’t move.. or even say a word. She was frozen on her position.

 

Then suddenly, they heard Hyomin’s voice, “Jiyeon-yaaaa~” she just came out from the kitchen. “here’s your jui—“ she was cut short when she saw Eunjung outside.

 

Hyomin puts the two glassed of juice on the center table in their living room before reaching the two girls at the door.

 

“Eun-eunjung—“

 

“WHAT’S HAPPENING HERE, HYOMIN?!” Eunjung yelled. “WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY GIRLFRIEND?! WHY CAN’T SHE REMEMBER ME?! DID YOU BRAINWASH HER?!” Hyomin could hear Eunjung’s mad voice clearly.

 

She knew, all of it was her fault.

 

“I’m.. your girlfriend?” Jiyeon questioned Eunjung while pointing at herself.

 

“You are.” Eunjung answered with a weak tone and held Jiyeon’s hand, “Please believe—“

 

“Don’t touch me!” Jiyeon immediately brushed off Eunjung’s hand before rolling her eyes.

 

“Hey, Jiyeon. Stop acting like that.. she’s saying the truth.” Hyomin said after looking at Jiyeon.

 

“What?! I can’t even remember—“

 

“Jiyeon,” their attentions were caught by Jiyeon’s father who just got home from work together with his wife. They were listening—or eavesdropping since a while ago. “Go to your room, now.” He ordered that made Jiyeon shrug. She did what her father said.

 

The family left Hyomin and Eunjung alone there.

 

“C-can we talk inside instead here?” Hyomin stutters.

 

Eunjung stepped inside the house. They sat on the sofa.

 

“She had amnesia.” Hyomin just started explaining but Eunjung’s tears were flowing like damn already. “She got into accident and she had been in coma for one week.”

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?” eunjung tries not to shout at Hyomin again. She’s still her bestfriend, and she would listen to Hyomin’s explanation first before doing impulsive things.

 

“Because I know you’re already busy, I know you think about so much things and I don’t want it to add up. Plus I know you’re going to come back here, I thought of how about your parents? They told you to train for being a manager of a company for 1 year and I don’t want to mess up with your training.”

 

“Why does she remember you? Why can’t she remember me?”

 

“The doctor said that her state wasn’t that severe and that she could remember all the things that we’ll say in 5 days. He also told us to say all the important details about her.”

 

“And you didn’t say anything about me?” Eunjung slowly faced Hyomin whose bowing her head because of guilt.

 

Hyomin nodded and Eunjung heaved a deep breathe.

 

“Why?!” Eunjung asked, starting to get irritated again.

 

“I forgot—“

 

“YOU FORGOT OR YOU JUST DON’T WANT HER TO REMEMBER ME?!” The older girl bursted out already, “Tell me, Hyomin.. DO YOU LIKE HER?!”

 

Hyomin couldn’t answer immediately. And Eunjung believes in the saying ‘Silence means yes’. She grabbed Hyomin’s collar and was about to punch her when Hyomin suddenly speaked, “I’m sorry..” and teared fell down from her eyes.

 

 

 

 

“Dad, who is she?” Jiyeon asked her father who took her to her room. She’s referring to Eunjung.

 

“What did she told you?”

 

“She told me that I’m her girlfriend.”

 

“Then you know the answer already.”

 

Jiyeon looked at her father, “Yes, Jiyeon. You two are girlfriends. Before you got into an accident, you two are already together. But her parents told her to train how to manage their company so She went to states and left you for 1 year.”

 

“Dad, I can’t remember anything..”

 

“Look at that necklace, Jiyeon.” Mr. Park looked at the necklace on Jiyeon’s neck. Jiyeon held its pendant.

 

“Was this from her?”

 

“Yes. She gave that to you before she went to states.”

 

Jiyeon suddenly remembered the flashback-like scene in her mind last time when she saw the necklace.

 

“So the two girls in those scenes were me and that Eunjung?” she thought.

 

Mr. Park noticed her daughter’s sudden silence. “Do you remember everything now?”

 

Jiyeon looked at her father and shook her head, “no, Dad. Sorry.”

 

Her dad smiled and ruffled her hair, “You’ll remember it all soon. Just wait.”

 

“Dad, I don’t want to remember anything.”

 

Jiyeon’s dad was confused, “Why?”

 

“I’m happy with this life already, dad. You, Mom, me and Hyomin.. I’m already contented with this.”

 

Her dad sighed, “You couldn’t say so, Jiyeon. We all don’t know what will happen in the future.”

 

Jiyeon just nodded and gave her father a force smile.

 

 ----

 

 

“Get off her, Eunjung.” Jiyeon’s dad said as he walks down the stairs. He just came from Jiyeon’s room and saw Eunjung grabbing Hyomin’s collar. “I think it’ll be better if you go home first. Jiyeon is still not ready to talk to you.” He said, still talking to Eunjung.

 

Eunjung immediately let Hyomin go. “Okay, Mr. Park. But I’ll come back here and talk to her soon.”

 

Mr. Park just nodded before Eunjung got out of the house.

 

“Hyomin, I know you didn’t tell Jiyeon about Eunjung because you like her.. if you like our daughter.. you better stop your feelings now. You know we wouldn’t let you and Jiyeon together. We treat you as our daughter, Hyomin. And even though she isn’t your sister for real, she still sees you as her older sister. ONLY a sister. So I hope you’re not hoping for something more.”

 

Hyomin flashed a sad smile and her tears started to flow. Thinking that she couldn’t have her love even just for once, she didn’t know what to do except from crying. “Don’t worry, uncle. I’m not hoping for more. I’m trying to be contented with what we are right now. And.. thank you for understanding me.”

 

“I understand you, but it doesn’t mean what you did was fine for me. You made a big mistake, Hyomin. And you have the responsibility to fix it.”

 

“Yes, uncle. I would.”

 

Then Hyomin bowed, sign that she’s going to her room before getting out of his uncle’s sight.

 

---

 

Jiyeon just woke up from a deep sleep. She rubbed her eyes and glanced at her tiny clock on the side table near her bed.

 

Oh it’s 8:30 already? I bet mom and dad were already in the office.

 

She breathed heavily. When will she eat breakfast together with her parents again? She shrugged the blanket off her body and when she was about to get up from her bed, she noticed a letter near her pillow. She took it and read it of course.

 

Jiyeon-ya,

 

Hi. You’ll be alone there for hours but I promise I’ll come back as soon as possible. I just have something to fix, and I want to start fixing it now. I’ve prepared your breakfast in the dining room. Have fun talking to the walls and other appliances. I know it’s your specialty! Take care!

 

-Hyomin

 

 

Jiyeon almost rolled eyes because of that “Have fun talking to the walls and other appliances. I know it’s your specialty!”

 

But nah. Hyomin really was just like that. And her teasing didn’t annoy the younger girl. It actually made Jiyeon happy. She placed the letter on the side table and decided to take a bath before eating breakfast.