it's a nightmare

if you...

 

 

That day was a good day. The weather was good. The air was not so cool but also not so hot.

 

"Ommaaa!!" The little girl ran to her mother and hugged her tightly.

 

The mother smiled, " omo..omo.. hyomin~ah.. do you miss omma a lot?"

 

Little hyo nodded in excited way. " where is appa?"

 

"I'm here!!" The father ran to them and lift the princess little up in the air.

 

Little hyo laughed so happy. She hugged her father so tight "Appa.. omma.. don't leave hyomin alone.. i'm scared" whispered the little girl

 

The mother and father looked at each other, " we never leave you princess hyomin"

 

Hyomin smiled and kissed her parents. "Jinjja?"

 

They nodded.

 

That was the warmest hug that hyomin ever felt.

 

But it didn’t last long..Suddenly the fire came and started burning the house

 

"RUN HYOMIN!!" Shouted the father.

 

"Apppaaa.... " hyomin cried so loud. Her tears kept falling from her small eyes and made her chubby cheeks became wet.

 

The father kissed hyomin with his tears drop on hyomin chubby cheeks. "Mianhe hyomin~ah.. appa will save omma then come back again, okay? Stay here.." the father ran into the fire again.

 

"Apppaaa... ommaaa.... appppaa.... ommmaaa...."

 

The brave man ran into the fire and never came back again to the little girl. The little girl kept crying and crying. She tried to ran into the fire too but all the people stopped her. “OMMMMAAA....APPPPPPAAA...”

 

"Eonni!! Eonni!!! Eonnie!!"

 

Hyomin started to open her eyes and saw her. The girl that save her life.

 

"Are you okay?" asked jiyeon who was so worried.

 

Hyomin wiped her sweat , "oh.. i'm okay" she smiled sweetly. "What time is it?"

 

" it's 4 am in the morning.."

 

"Mianhe.. i wake you up.." hyomin apologized. She was slept in one bed with jiyeon. Yeah. They shared their bed since the accident.

 

Jiyeon shook and tried hug hyomin with her left hand, since her right hand still injured. " it's okay eonnie.. are you having a nightmare?"

 

Hyomin smiled and nodded, " yeah.. but i'm okay now, since jiyeon is here for me"

 

Jiyeon smiled.

 

"Let's sleep again" said hyomin still hugging jiyeon in her embrace.

 

 

--

 

 

"Hyomin~ah, we're going now." a 40 year-old lady said as she hugged hyomin before smiling to the girl.

 

Hyomin nodded and smiled back, "Take care."

 

"Hyomin, thank you for taking care of our daughter." the lady's husband said with a sincere tone.

 

"No, uncle. I'm the one who should say thank you for taking care of me for these 10 years." Hyomin replied.

 

After that incident, hyomin was adopted by Park family. But she never called them with 'appa' or 'omma'. For hyomin, only one ‘appa’ and ‘omma’ in her life. Thankfully, park family didn't mind for being call ‘uncle’ and ‘aunty’.

 

"you're always welcome, Hyomin. You haven't been a burden to us, you actually bring happiness and give color to this family."

 

"I'm glad to know that. Take care on your way to work. Fighting!" She cheered them.

 

The couple just gave Hyomin a smile before walking towards the door. It didn't take them too much time to get outside that big house and went to their jobs. The girl went in the kitchen to prepare her own-made breakfast soup for the couple's daughter, Park Jiyeon.

 

Hyomin was an orphan back then, she's 9 years old when she got in an orphanage. Her life felt so meaningless after her parent died in the fire. She was so dumb to think that her parent still alive and they were waiting for her. She decided to run away from the orphanage and walked to her house. The house was completely burn, but hyomin still waited for her parents. She stayed there until she was collapse because she didn't eat for 3 days. When she woke up. There was a girl who looked at her with her big eyes.

 

"Omma.. she wake up" said the little girl.

 

The doctor smiled, " hello.. how do you feel?"

 

Hyomin kept silent and didn't talk at all. She looked around and found herself in a completely white room.

 

"Omma.. is she okay?"  Asked the little girl again.

 

The doctor smiled, " she just shocked, jiyeon~ah.. can you take care of her?"

 

Little jiyeon nodded.

 

Since that days, jiyeon always stayed beside hyomin and took care of her in the sweet ways. Park family were so kind. They accepted hyomin as what she was.

 

Hyomin was thankful because of that, because she got Jiyeon in her life. Jiyeon brought joy and happiness to her and she knew herself that she saw Jiyeon not only as a sister but something more than that.

 

--

Hyomin took the breakfast and walked to their room. She opened it immediately only to see Jiyeon who's still in a peaceful sleep. She smiled on the view, 'what a princess' she thought. The eldest girl walked towards the sleeping beauty and put the soup on the side table before shaking the younger girl gently.

 

"Hey, sleepyhead. Time for breakfast." said Hyomin who's still smiling like a fool.

 

"Hmn.." Jiyeon moaned cutely that made Hyomin smiled more.

 

"Come on, get up and eat the soup that I've prepared for you."

 

Jiyeon slowly opened her eyes and rubbed it in a cute manner. Hyomin felt like dying because of that. The younger girl leaned on the headboard of her bed then smiled at Hyomin.

 

"Good morning." Greeted Jiyeon with her sweet smile again.

 

Hearing that greeting from Jiyeon, Hyomin's heart jumped, "good morning too." she said and smiled back. She got the soup on the side-table and sat beside Jiyeon.

 

"you're feeding me again?" Jiyeon asked and sighed.

 

"Mm.." Hyomin hummed as she nodded. She took a spoon of soup and went 'ahh' like she's ordering Jiyeon to open but Jiyeon moved a little instead. "Why?" Hyomin asked.

 

"You don't have to feed me, eonnie. My arm isn't injured anymore so I can feed myself now." she didn't want bother her.

 

Hyomin sighed and shook her head, "No. I still have to feed you. Don't get your arm tired, okay?"

 

Jiyeon closed her eyes. She had no choice but to nod. Hyomin smiled, she won. She started to feed Jiyeon and stared at the girl's beauty. It's really stunning especially for Hyomin who had a crush on her.

 

"Get yourself ready after this." Hyomin ordered, AGAIN.

 

This time, Jiyeon was the one who asked "why?"

 

"Enrollment day." Hyomin simply answered which received a nod from the younger one.

 

She smiled. Jiyeon's really recovering from what happened. She got better each day and Hyomin was so happy because of it. Looking Jiyeon getting back to her old self was one of the greatest things for Hyomin.

 

"Jiyeon-yah," called Hyomin. Jiyeon immediately looked at her and mouthed the word 'why?',

 

"How old are you again?" Hyomin asked. Jiyeon knew that Hyomin wanted to know if she still remembered all of what Hyomin had told her.

 

"I'm 17." Jiyeon answered without hesitations.

 

"Where are you studying?"

 

Jiyeon pouted in cute way "South University."

 

Hyomin nodded and moved to the other questions "What's your favorite?"

 

"food."

 

Hyomin almost laughed at her answered but she kept cool and continued her question "Your style?"

 

"black and white” she answered simply.

 

The last questions. "Who am I again?"

 

"My best best best friend and sister, Park Hyomin."

 

The older of the two giggled as she pinches Jiyeon's cheeks. "great. Now get ready. I'm gonna get myself ready, too. See you downstairs."

 

Hyomin stood, holding the bowl she used for the soup. She waved at Jiyeon before getting out the room. She stayed there for a minute and sighed

 

"My best best best friend and sister, Park Hyomin." She repeated the words that jiyeon said.

 

She got down and walked to the kitchen but....Jiyeon's words keep on coming back in her mind.

 

"Okay! Okay! I accept it! I'm just her best best best friend and sister! Nothing more, nothing less! Argh!" she murmured like a child who lost her lollipop. She continued washing the dish. " you can't expected more. Stop dreaming, park hyomin..."

 

After washing the dishes, Hyomin started to get herself ready just like what she had said earlier.

 

 

On the other side, Jiyeon was already done putting light make-up on her face. She stared at her reflection in the mirror, then she noticed the necklace she haven't seen back then. How come she didn't notice it? She's wearing the letter 'EJ' necklace and she doesn't even know where did it come from.

 

Jiyeon touches the pendant, "EJ?" she whispered, wondering what's the meaning of the letters and of the necklace itself.

 

Then her head started to ache. It's so painful that she holds her head like a crazy woman. it's so pain and she couldn't hold it.

 

"Aaaaaaaah!" she screamed with her eyes closed. A picture of two girls hugging each other came into her mind, then two girls crying and the girls gave each other a couple necklace. After that, she felt better and got back into reality.

 

It was the first time that it happened and it was like a flashback. Like it had something that Jiyeon has to remember but she couldn’t remember.

 

"What happened?!" Hyomin asked worriedly after hearing the scream. she was worried to death.

 

Jiyeon just looked up at Hyomin and showed the necklace by brushing her hair away from her chest. "Hyomin eonniee.. d-do you know who gave this t-to me?" the younger one asked, still running out of breath.

 

Hyomin's heart began to beat quickly. She almost forgot about it too. She checked the calendar on Jiyeon's side table, 'it's too late.' she thought. How was she supposed to explain everything when it's too late already?

 

The heavy atmosphere faded when Hyomin's phone vibrates continuously. When she checked her phone, her heart literally began to beat abnormally and faster than earlier.

 

Because..

 

Ham Eunjung calling..