Chapter 8

Playboy

“Ok, class,” said Mr.Hope, “it is the time of the year again where you guys perform on duos. So, please check who you are partners with and what type of dance you are going to perform.”

It wasn’t too bad actually. Mark actually liked the arrangement his teacher made. He need to dance with this guy name The8 from China and as what Mark knew, The8 was a good dancer. Moreover, they were going to dance break dance which was The8’s specialized in. Yugyeom got to work with one of the newbie, Jimin, and they are dancing hip hop.

“So, how is Jimin?” asked Mark to Yugyeom after the club was over.

“I don’t feel so good about this. I mean, I wanted to make a good performance and he is still a newbie. Not to judge newbies but I am afraid he couldn’t dance well.”

“Yeah, but look at the bright side, I got Break dance.”

“With The8!” said Yugyeom as he raised his voice, “you know that he is the bomb at it! Dude!”

Mark smiled, “well, at least you can got a new experience as you dance with someone new.”

“Yeah,” Yugyeom smirked, “I wish you get Junior for the next duos.”

Junior.

“Well, do you want to practice together after my session today? I’ll bring The8 and you bring Jimin.”

“Sure.”

That night at six, the four of them gathered in Yugyeom’s dancing room. Jimin and Yugyeom was not going so well. Jimin was really quite and was being overly too polite even though they were just a year apart. It was awkward to watch them being together, talking about what their dance should look like because when someone suggested something, they always reply with an ‘up to you’ . It was just too awkward that Mark wanted to slam both Jimin’s and Yugyeom’s together.

The8 was not a problem even though this was the first time they were talking to each other. It was true that The8 was from China and that he couldn’t speak Korean that fluent so he end up stuttering every time he talk. Who doesn’t think that he is cute? A secondary one student who have golden-yellow hair with big double eye lid eyes who cannot speak Korean well and just looked like he do aegyo whatever he do? Many girls from Mark’s grade or maybe elder like to meet The8 and talk to him.

 

It was Saturday at 4.30 after all his class was over. His heart was thumping hard and he could feel sweat forming at the back of his head from, um, nervousness and excitement. Junior’s mother have suggested Mark to teach Junior in private and that she will pay double the price. Well, he wanted to earn money. There was a knock on the door not long after and Mark opened it.

“Hello, Mark,” smiled junior’s mother. Junior was standing behind her, “I’m just here to send Junior.”

“Oh, that’s right. Have you had dinner?” asked Mark politely.

“No but I will grab it later. Oh, I suggested to help him with his upcoming school performance. Please do help him with that.” Said Junior’s mother.

“Of course,” Mark replied, “I will make sure he can do every step properly. Come on, come on in Junior.”

Junior’s mother pushed Junior in the dance room, “Well, I should get going. Good bye Junior, please concentrate.”

“Good bye, mom” Junior replied, his voice was deep.

It have been a while since Mark heard his voice.

As Mark closed the door, he turned to face Junior, “Ok, I assume you already know who I am. So, who did Mr. Hope assigned you to dnce with?”

“Emmm.. this girl name Hyoyeon. She is in the second year of high school.” Said Junior who is obviously nervous.

“Ok, and what dance are you going to dance?”

Mark couldn’t believe what he heard.

“Are you sure?” asked Mark as he opened his eyes wide.

Junior took out his phone and showed a picture of the list Mr. Hope have assigned. He could see his name and The8’s together with the theme ‘break dance’  beside their name. After he skimmed through the names, he stopped on the one near the end. It was Junior’s and Hyoyeon’s name. Beside their name, the words was printed clearly. Too clear for Mark to believe.

Trouble Maker by Trouble Maker

“What the hell?” cursed Mark as he saw the image. In his 3 years of dance club, this is the first time he ever seen this. Mr. Hope even specified the song they should use.

This should be challenging.

“Ok,” said Mark trying to make out a smile, “Let’s get started!”

He took his laptop out and search for the dance video in Youtube. He have not seen this video in a while and it wasn’t too good for him to become Hyuna. 

“And you are Hyunseung?” asked Mark to clarify. Junior nodded.

Mark, thought himself, you should do this once in your life so Fighthing!

As Mark rewatched the video, it was worse than he thought.

“Ok, let’s start with the beginning ok? So, I am going to pretend to be Hyoyeon so please don’t imagine my face here just picture Hyoyeon’s. So, at the first you stand In front of me. Hyuseung dance while Hyuna did nothing.” Said Mark, giving Junior an example, “Then, you need to snap 3 times and turn. Not long after, it was Hyuna’s turn and both of us turn our head around like this.”

Mark didn’t thought about it that far. Junior did what he said and face him. It was when he realized that both of their faces was few centimeters apart. Junior looked much cuter up close. His round eyes made him adorable and his smooth looking skin was just demanding him to touch them. His glowing eyes was calling up for him, to stare at it, forever. Mark realized his sense and stood away from him.

“Yes, that’s how you do it and let’s see the next dance move.”

On his screen, he saw Hyuna’s finger walking on Hyunseung’s chest to his shoulder. OMG

 

 

“Ok, so, Hyuna’s going to do this,” Mark slowly placed his hand on Junior’s chest. It was hard, that was not what he expected. He slowly walked his hand up to Junior’s shoulder where his collarbone was visible. He stared at Junior’s eyes. Something was wrong. Suddenly, Mark felt Junior’s hands at the back of his back and he leaned closer to him. His face looks so, loving.

“Oh, Mark,” said Junior with a y voice, “I never know you are this handsome. I should have fallen for you a long time ago. I wish we can be together.”

Mark closed his eyes. He felt his heart thumping hard and his grip was weak. Junior closed his eyes and leaned closer. Without realizing, Mark closed his eyes too. He could feel the warm heat of Junior near him, just a little bit closer and he could feel Junior’s perfect lips. Until…

 

 

“Mark?” asked a voice that broke him out of the reality, “are you going to pause the video or make me do all of that in one try?”

Mark looked at the confused boy beside him. Thank Goodness it was just hallucination. “Oh sorry, too immersed in the video, I guess.”

 

6 pm that night when he got home. He made himself a sandwich and watched TV. However, not long after, there was a knock on the door. BamBam was still in the hospital. Who could it be? Mark opened the door just to realize that it was both of his parents. He was stunned that they finally have the time to go home early.

“Mom! Dad!”

“Hey, Mark.” Said both of his parents, hugging him for once in an awhile.

“Hey, honey. Could you stay in your bed room for a while, we have to do some things around here.” Asked his mom softly.

“Sure,” Mark replied obediently. Mark wanted to offer help but both of his parents just look, stressed. He didn’t dare to complain to them.

Mark stayed in his room for an hour. Without his friends texting him back, he sat on his bed doing nothing. Maybe he should really help his parents out. So, he went out of bed and walked downstairs slowly. In each of every step, he could hear an unfamiliar voice and a serious conversation.

“Look, Ms. Wang. When I say you will get your money back I mean that you will get your money back. Just give us some time.” His father’s voice echoed.

“I have given you enough time Mr. and Ms. Tuan. However, I am very sorry to say that you have 3 days left to pay me back my 3oo million back.”

300 million in 3 days? How is that possible? Mark stepped closer down the stairs. He could see his parents was sitting at the couch together and an unfamiliar lady that sat across them was crossing her arms. That lady looked old and cold. She wore a formal coat like she just got here after her boring day at the office. Her purse was on her lap and she tied her hair into a bun.

“Please understand us. We have problem on our own and I promise to give you that money back,” plead his mother. Mark hated it when his mother was desperate. It just made her look like, well, weak.

“Yeah, I believed you at first and I expected you to keep your promise by giving me the money at the end of this 3 days.”

Mark continue to walk closer, and closer.

“Come on, could we have like another month? Please, a month would be enough”

Mark keep stepping closer to them.

“I am sorry but the deadline will remain to be the deadline. I am afraid that if you don’t made it to give back the money on time, I would need to report to the police about this.”

His parents, behind bars? No way was he going to let that happen.

Squeak.

Mark made a noise.

Every eyes on the room was on Mark now.

“Hey!” The lady shouted at him and pointed her finger at him, “you boy, come here.”

Mark looked at his parents. His mother nodded softly and Mark do what he told to. The lady was much creepier up close. She was wearing thick eye shadow and pink blush. The lady looked at him with her eyes wide open, like she was scanning his features.

“Is this your son?” asked the lady. Both of his parents nodded. The lady looked at him again. This time, she was clearly checking on him from top to bottom. Not long, the lady smiled. Mark didn’t like that smile. “Hey, let’s make a deal. You guys don’t need to pay me that money anymore,” said the lady, dropping the formality.

“What? I mean, really? Asked his mother confused.

“Yes, I would let your debt go. However, your son here, he need to go on a date with my son.”

He need to go on a date with my son

He need to go on a date with my son

He need to go on a date with my son

He need to go on a date with my son

 

“None sense!” exclaimed his father, “we will get you your money back but don’t get my son involved in this!”

“No, its ok, I will do it.” Mark found himself speaking up. As much as he don’t want to do it and still in the process of falling for BamBam to be a real loving boyfriend, the worst thing that could happen to him is that his parents behind the misery of the steel bars. He wouldn’t want to let that happen.

“Mark Tuan. Are you sure about this?” asked his mother, “you don’t have to do this.”

“Its ok,” Mark said comfortably, “I mean, it will be nice to meet new people.”

“You are not just going to be a stranger to him, if he asked you to be his boyfriend then you should agree to it.”

Mark gulped. Ok, this is worse than he thought.

“Ok, I will do it but only if he is the one that ask me.”

The lady put out her hand to shake his hand. He put out his hand and shake the lady’s hand.

It was a deal.

-------------------------------------------

Ok, MarkSon shipper, your sail is about to leave *drum rolls*. ANyway. these days my wifi is cut out so I can't update as much. please understand. Moreover, pls comment on what you think the Markson coupe will end up. And yes I am puuttig both of my most fav bias in diff groups dance together. The8 Is liek the CUTEST!

New characters:

- The8 (Xu Minghao) from Seventeen.