Chapter 20

Playboy

Mark stared at the girl who have been talking with her friends all day. It was weird that she didn’t talk to Mark that much anymore.

“Mark, why did you suspect her that much?”

“She must have hired someone!” growled Mark under his breathe.

“I’ve heard that she could be a scary beast.” Commented Yugyeom as all three boys looked at the group of girls.

The gang leader turned her stare at the three boys she adored and stood up, making all the girls followed behind her.

“Well, hello Markie.”

“The hell. What did you do this time?”

The girl have a smirk on her face, “Well, I am not telling you. You would be surprised if I tell you though. Well, I actually should warn you that you need to be nice to me or else..”

“Or else what?”

“You wouldn’t get your surprise.” Smiled the girl sneakily, she paused for a moment to look at her watch. “Oh, I actually should cut our conversation early today for I have… some things to do. Good bye my Markie.” The girl went off just like that. Mark was not happy, followed by the confused face of both of his friends.

“I need someone to watch out for that girl.”

 

Mark squinted his eyes to see in a far distance. Mark was hiding in a locker, yes, in a locker, of some random student which was located right beside the stairs that allowed him to see straight along the corridor. Just with a few horizontal holes for him to see, he watched as the girl walked out of her classroom. [Ok, sorry I need to pause the story for a while. I am tired of saying ‘the girl’ so I decided to give the girl’s name is Jihyo. You know, from Twice. The rest of the gang members will be the other members of Twice so yeah] Jihyo and the gang chatted happily as they walked out of the classroom, backpack swung behind their back. When everyone else was busy putting their books back inside their lockers, Jihyo did something else.

“What is she doing?” whispered Mark to himself. It was clear that Jihyo was talking to some other boy, which was so unlikely for her to do that. Well, of course she did talk to boys, but not that kind of boy. The boy she was talking to looked like the nerd in the nerdiest class. He wore an outer vest that would be very uncomfortable, even for Mark. His hair represented a mushroom and was longer that it should be. Unlike other students, that boy didn’t wore anything that supposed to make him look better at school. He looked like he could study all day and have won at least ‘the best studying student award’. Mark looked closely, Jihyo gave him something. Wait that was a USB.

When Mark thought that he just hit the jackpot, something always screw things up.

“M-M-Mark Tuan?” stuttered a girl with huge, round glasses as she opened the door of her locker and was surprised to see the school’s celebrity in there.

Mark looked around. Everybody was staring at him, including Twice who was about to leave the floor. He looked at Jihyo. Jihyo was staring at him hard, they made eye contact. Jihyo’s hand reacted fast and hid the USB in the other boy’s hand and walked away as fast as she could.

“Jihyo!” shouted Mark before he tripped with one of the books. The rest of the gang followed Jihyo and left the floor, leaving Mark behind, just enough time to be humiliated by Yugyeom who was coincidentally passing by.

 

“The first thing in the morning, I immediately know that yesterday you hid inside a girl’s locker. Nicely done, Mark.” Commented Youngjae as he held back his laughther.

“First of all,” said Mark in embarrassment, “I did that for a reason.”

“Second of all,” continued Yugyeom, “You did that to spy on some girl.”

“Or, I did that for the sake of my reputation.” Corrected Mark.

“Twice are going to the mall today.”

“What?” replied Mark.

“I heard that they are going ‘shopping’, I tend to tell you earlier, does that information help you?” asked Yugyeom.

“Absolutely.”

“What? Did you plan on following them again?” teased Yongjae.

“Phhffttt !! No!” declined Mark.

 

Mark rushed out of the school grounds as the bell rang. He have called his driver earlier to pick him up after school sharp and bring his mom’s complete make up set. He have been thinking about this for the whole school period.

Mark took out the small mirror and started out with the base powder and started to apply it on his face. Next, he went to the eyeliner. He took out the liquid eyeliner that his mom owned and immediately discovered that it was washable with water. However, he also discovered that using liquid eyeliner in a moving car was not the best thing ever.

Instead of pulling out the small mirror again, he looked on the car’s window to check his appearance.

“The wings looked weird here,” Mark commented on himself. He took out the small napkin and started to wipe the edges of his eyes and redraw the wings. “There.”

After he complete the other eye, he didn’t need to search the whole bag in order to find rainbow colored lipstick from the darkest to the lightest color. Who knows that Mark’s mom was obsessed with lipstick. No. Liquid lipstick. Maybe she was obsessed with liquid. Mark wondered around the bag some more hoping to find such thing as liquid blush.

Mark went on youtube to see for tutorials on how to make shade with liquid lipstick for he just discovered there was even such thing as a liquid lipstick. Well, apparently, he knew why his mother bought a lot of colors in the first place. For the next 20 minutes, Mark spent his time mixing colors on his lips. He did glance on the front mirror once. His driver seemed to be so focused on the road in front of him, or he didn’t want to look at the boy who was trying to put some make up on. It was a relieved that Mark knew his time before he arrived to the mall or he would spent the whole day drawing things on his lips.

Exactly at 4.02 in the afternoon, a pretty lady waked into the mall. Her long-blonde hair fell on her slim body, just right under above her stomach. Her lipstick was glowing with dark pink and red which made her more attractive. Her eyes glow in warmth. Even though she was just wearing ordinary legging and a T-shirt with the word ‘Fly’ on it and skies as the background, it outlined he slim body very well. With a small black bag behind he back and high red top converse, she was amazingly beautiful.

Of course, she is Mark Tuan.

I know that is expected.

I put it in there anyway.