Chapter 3

Playboy

3 years later

 

Mark Tuan was in his second senior year. No from what he expected from his first year as a junior, now he was one of the popular kid in the school. He was known as his good looking and hard body. However, that was just a part from his amazing features. He was good at dancing, along with his best friend Yugyeom, both made a perfect match with dance performances. Moreover, he was known as the ‘smart’ one too. Mark knew that he was in one of the high class in his grade but he acknowledge that he was not the smartest. He was the apple in the eyes and moreover, very nice. There were a lot of rumors going around about him. Good one. There was a rumor about him having a huge house, nice garden with a swimming pool and he have his personal plane and things. There was this rumor about Mark that one day, as he stayed back after school, someone was face to face with a scary ghost. However, Mark came out of nowhere and started to chase the monster away. He was just perfect.

Of course, Mark knew the reality of himself. He was not rich. He was one of the normal one where they lived in an ordinary house without any special features. Mark found himself easily to be fooled and weak even though his image deny the fact of the reality. His marks was good because he studied hard and he never forgot to exercise even in his tight schedule.

“Everything came from hard work,” Mark said to everyone who asked.

 

 

“So what do you want to do today?” asked Yugyeom who was munching off his sandwich.

“Dude, I had too much beer yesterday and I have a test coming out so I’m not so good.” Replied Youngjae, looking a little bit off.

“I have homework,” Mark said blankly, “but I am planning to watch Netflix tonight.”

“May I come?” Yugyeom asked, “it is probably my parent’s anniversary tonight and I don’t want to hear anything from their room.”

“DUDE !! YOU DON’T NEED TO MENTION THAT!!” exclaimed youngjae. The thing about Youngjae is that, whenever anyone said about this kind of stuff, he didn’t just simply ignore it or laugh about it and make a joke out of it. He actually, was AFRAID of that kind of things.

Mark hated to see his friends being bullied. But about Youngjae’s case….

 

 

“Youngjae!!!” shouted the teacher, “open your eyes!”

“No!” shouted the horrified youngjae as he closed his face with both of his hands, “it is the most disgusting things I have ever seen in my life!”

It was in the second year of junior year when he first got a zero for his test.

 

Yugyeom smirked. Not long after, a group of girls stopped at the table where the three boys sat.

“Hey boys,” said the girl with the most lipstick on, “hey, Mark.”

This is not the first time he got into this situation.

“Hey, we have nothing to do tonight so I think that we can hang out, you know, talk and have fun?”

“We got plans,” said Mark a little politely.

“Netflix right?” asked the other girl, “we heard your conversation earlier.”

“Yeah, we can join you.” Continued the thick lipstick girl with a smirked.

Mark rolled his eyes, he didn’t really like strangers to be in his house. Moreover watching Netflix together. “I’m sorry, that wasn’t the best idea and umm.. I don’t know you so, sorry.”

They didn’t look too pleased, “Don’t worry Mark, we will break into your house. We can be friends!” just like that they left.

“Hard to be popular huh?” asked Yugyeom as he continued his sandwich.

“I should bring a mirror to you guys. You guys are no less than me.”

That was true, Yugyeom and youngjae was popular too :p

Yugyeom was a dance maniac. Mark go to admit that he was better than himself. Yugyeom was the best in the whole school and he won the third best in the whole Korea. Being in the same class as Mark meant that his intelligence was no less than Mark’s too. His good looks and tall height attracted many girls.

Youngjae, was not the best dancer but he was sure talented in singing. He played in musicals since he was in the first year. He joined singing competitions and won top 3 all the time. Moreover, his intelligence added to his charms. He was crowned the ‘School singer’. Everyone knew him as they were already familiar with the Youngjae on stage.

Together, the three of them made a perfectly group to be friends with.

 

After school, Yugyeom and Mark promised each other to meet up at Mark’s house at 7 and go their separate ways. When Mark almost reached the lobby, he bumped into his Dance TIC and Math teacher, Mr. J-hope.

“Oh! Mr. Hope !”

“Mark!” said Mr. Hope with a smile, “aren’t you supposed to be stand by in class? You got math remedial with me right?”

Mark widen his eyes as he remembered about his remedial, “Right, totally forgot,”

It started last month when Mr.Hope figured out that Mark at Logarithms. He decided to put Mark in the remedial for a month to help him improve.

The remedial went on for 2 hours. After it was finished, Mark’s mind was everywhere. It was the dizziest 2 hours of his life but Mr. Hope came to him as he packed his stuff.

“Hey, Mark.”

“Yes Mr. Hope?”

“Can you help me out with the audition for the musical dancers? I mean, if you couldn’t stay then you don’t have to.”

It was 5 pm but who could deny a teacher’s request. Especially if it was Mr. Hope. He was the nicest teacher everyone could ask for. Mark need something to refresh his mind anyway.

“Sure,” he answered as he swung his back pack behind his shoulders and followed Mr. Hope to the auditorium.

 

After the auditions ended, Mark rushed out of the school as fast as he can. The students who auditioned was talented and all but what Mark didn’t know was that the number of students whom auditioned was a lot, more than he imagined. It was 7.15 when he got out of the school and he was late to his own house. Yugyeom was texting him ‘Where are you?’ and Mark kept replying, ‘I’m on my way’

Mark wanted to arrive home fast so he decided to take the short cut. Taking the short cut made him think why he never actually used the short cut in his life.

Not long after, he heard a scream coming not far from where he was. In shock, Mark stopped and listened to the surroundings. It was silent.

“Probably just my imagination.” Said Mark to himself.

He kept walking with a normal pace now but stopped for a while to tie his shoes. That was when he realized that there was a sound of footstep not far from him. In surprise, Mark looked around. The night was silent. No one was there. Even though there was street light shining, the place created shadows. The bugs played under the bright street light and the stars twinkle above his head, but in the place he was standing, he didn’t feel safe.

He started to walk slowly, the cold wind blew on his face. The shiver tickle his spine and even the sound of his own footsteps turned terrifying.

He walked.

He stopped.

Another man’s footstep was heard.

“H-H-Hello?” stuttered Mark in his best brave voice.

 

No one answered.

“Anybody there?”

The silence remained.

Mark continued walking as his heart rate sped up. He started to run, and they footsteps ran too. He was terrified. He looked back and saw shadows chasing after him. He was so focused looking back that he didn’t realize the thing that was blocking his way in front. He fell down and realized on what was blocking him. It was a man, a huge man. He got muscles and scary looking tattoos. Once he caught a glimpse on Mark’s face, he smiled, a sneaky smile.

“Hey, boy.”

Before he replied. For a second, he could feel a hard punch on his face and the next second, everything was dark. Maybe he knew the reason why he knew not to use this way after all.

 

 

--------------------------------------------

Yay update ^^. for those of u guys who didnot read my prev message pls do so.

Anyway, the tension is finally building up! What will happen to Mark? What will happne to the waiting Yugyeom? Wait until the next update :p. Ok I am trying to make a thriller but I think I fail :p So I am curious what will happen if I mention logarithms here. WHO AT LOGARITHMS OMG I IN SIUCK AT THAT CHAAPTER. lIKE WHAT THE HELL MAN WHO CREATED LOGARITHMS OMG THAT THING MAKE MY AVG GO DOWN. And yes, Mark. Yug and Youngjae is popular ^^

Extra character :

-  J-Hope ( Jung Hoseok) [ A.K.A MY ULTIMATE BIAS IN THE WHOLE WORLD OMFG I IN LOVE HIM MY SUN SHINE SMILE HONEY BUNNY LOVELY CUTE AEGYO MAKING DANCING MACHINE BABY <3] from BTS