Chapter 13

Playboy

Show time.

Mark watched as the familiar curtain was closed. He looked at The8 who was twitching from nervousness. Yep, still cute. Jimin was shaking hard that he need to move randomly while Yugyeom stayed calm as usual. Junior sat awkwardly beside Hyoyeon who was watching as the MC speak and announced the first performance.

Junior’s performance was the fifth one. Mark gave him an encouraging smile as Junior fixed his tuxedo, ready to go on stage.

“Guys, use power and don’t be awkward!” reminded Mark, “just remember, you only need to do this only once and you can get over it.”

“Ok,” said Junior, brushing off the dust on his tuxedo. Everyone gathered in the backstage now where they can directly look at the stage.

“Yeah, I’ll try,” continue Hyoyeon.

“Good luck!” said Jimin as he patted Junior at the back of his back a little too hardly that Junior jumped a little.

“Now, give it up for Junior and Hyoyeon!” exclaimed the MC excitedly.

Junior and Hyoyeon stepped to the stage side by side. Junior spared the backstage people a glance and focus on the audience. There was a few whoos before they started. Junior stood in front of Hyoyeon and prepared his position.

Then the music starts.

“This should be good,” whispered Yugyeom to Mark’s ear, “you have beat your out for this and skip some practice.”

It was like junior have heard what Yugyeom have said. He was dancing like the iest diva in town. He was dancing with all his power yet he looked so immersed in the dance. Moreover, he made them looked like that both Hyoyeon and him were actually friends. His y stare earned some amazed gazes from the audience as Mark peeked outside the curtain. Hyoyeon was also cooperating with him, probably thinking about The8 in her head. Their performance was, the bomb. Of course, so much better than the dance room. Junior was the beast that wanted everything and had y stare and amazing killer moves. Hyoyeon was the queen of the es who want the boys only to herself. It was perfect. However, deep inside Mark’s heart, there was this…. Dissatisfaction.

“Whoo!” shouted Mark as the performance ended. Despite his feelings, he was the one who started cheering for Junior and Hyoyeon.

Everyone followed him and shouted too. There was a smile in Junior’s face as he headed to the backstage. Junior let his body fell into embarrassment as Jimin hugged him with all his body. Hyoyeon was fanning herself and was asking her friends on how the show went and they were all laughing. Mark walked to Junior and gave him a personal applause.

“How did I do?” asked Junior, finally getting over the shock.

“You did awesome!” replied Mark as he gave him an acknowledgment. Junior smiled and gave Mark a huge hug at the neck while screaming with happiness. He hugged Mark tight that Mark nearly couldn’t breathe. Mark could feel the eyes of jealousy or the ‘who do you think you are to hug Mark Tuan’ face around them, staring at them. However, at that moment, Mark just didn’t care. He hugged him back on the waist and smiled on Junior’s happiness.

Yugyeom’s performance supposed to be the ‘save the best for the last’ performance but Yugyeom didn’t want it for some reason so the position was given to Mark and The8. Yugyeom performed just right before them.

There was a few whoos (that was start by Junior and Mark) when Jimin went to the stage first. Jimin was wearing his sweater complete with his glasses. He sat at a chair which was prepared beforehand and open his novel like he was reading it. A soft music played in the background, making the atmosphere comfortable. Jimin was like a little boy who was happily reading until Yugyeom came into the stage with his gangster look, ruining the moment, followed by the song “trespass” by Monsta X. Everyone got excited on their awaited celebrity and made some noise. Yugyeom then saw Jimin and punched Jimin’s book.

Well, that explains, he is a bully. Mark thought.

Jimin acted like he got mad and both of them started, fighting.

“Do Jimin told you about this scene?” asked Mark to Junior curiously.

“No, I have no idea”

As both started fighting, Yugyeom started to show his hip hop move and challenged Jimin to do the same. Jimin smirked and do something that is better than Yugyeom’s move. Not long, they were dance battling. The next storyline continued with Yugyeom being impressed with Jimin and that he apologized for underestimating him. That was when both started dancing together. Jimin was amazingly really good at hip hop. He could immediately jumped to become the seniors. The spectacular performance ended with Yugyeom doing a handshake with Jimin and walked out of the stage. Jimin smiled for a while and went back to his chair and continue reading his book.

A sea of applaud flowed the whole room. They were all amused by the leader’s performance. Both Yugyeom and Jimin bowed and ran off backstage. Mark was going to ask about what the storyline was for until the MC announced his name and The8’s to come on stage.

The music started. Mark came into the stage with his front flip as The8 walked comfortably beside him. Everyone was shouting, smiles appeared from their faces. It was a while since Mark stood on that stage. He was happy that he could hear the loud speakers, bombing the music into their ears. He was happy to feel the bright colorful lights hitting his face. He was happy to look at the audience.

“Make some noise!” Mark shouted between the deafening music.

He could feel the atmosphere around him, the aura inside him awaken.

The8 started first with his 6 step, looking good as ever as Mark watched him doing it. As The8’s part was over, he coolly stood up and pointed at Mark. Mark started his baby spins on the floor. It was actually a hard move but he manage to do it with The8’s help. Afterwards, it was the8’s turn again. He did his 1990s and pointed back at Mark.

It was finally the awaited time. The hardest part of the dance. The8 have given Mark the honor of doing the coolest (and the hardest) dance on the show. Mark took a deep breathe. To be honest, he didn’t master the move completely but he had just enough time and depended on a huge amount of luck to do the dance right.

He started by air spinning.

Mark put his hand to the ground and his feet to the air and started spinning.

“Going well,” Mark could hear The8 whispering softly

Yeah, I do feel that I am doing well. Mark thought as he immersed himself with his dance. He did a good job turning at every sides. When it was finally time to end the show. Mark stopped turning and do the freeze. The8 followed him.

Mark was very happy about his performance. He was smiling under his heavy breathe. He looked around the crowd. People were cheering for him, screaming and shouting. Especially the fan girls who would scream at the top of their lungs. He scanned the faces. Finally, he saw Jackson. He was sitting at a far corner, away from the entrance. He was screaming for him. Mark checked the faces again for his parents. He scanned at the crowd again and again until he stopped on a face.

No it was not his parents.

No it was not another duplication of Jackson.

No it was not a Unicorn farting Money.

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was BamBam.

 

 

 

 

 

Mark widen his eyes in shock as he dropped to the floor, shoulders first. Everyone was shocked on what happened but The8 shouted that he was supposed to do ‘Suicide’ and everybody cheered louder. Mark got up, pretending that it was all part of the show. As he got backstage, everyone looked at him in amazement. Including Yugyeom who always felt that he was better than Mark.

“Dude! That is like the best dance move you have ever done in your whole life!” exclaimed Yugyoem who couldn’t held back his hug, “Nice suicide!”

“Thanks,” said Mark, “do you mind if I go to the waiting room first?”

“Sure,” asked Yugyeom patting him on the back. Even though Yugyeom looked confused, he still let Mark go.

Mark ran to the waiting room. Everyone was in the backstage, still waiting for the last performance from the vocal team that called themselves ‘Seventeen’. Of course Yugyeom was confused. Mark’s favorite vocal group was Seventeen and he never wanted to miss their performance. Mark sat at the waiting room near his bag. He let his bangs cover his face. He closed his eyes tightly trying to recall what he have seen earlier.

What happened? Why is BamBam here?

 

_____________________________________________________________

Why is Bambam there? :) However, I am not kidding about the Seventeen's vocal unit. Their voices are just liek angels OMG I can almost hear them right now. I really. Like. Them (even though I like the performance unit most) so I really recommend it to you guys.