Chapter 19

Playboy

“Where were you yesterday?” asked Youngjae the next day as he munched off his sand which.

“Emm.. I went to the mall.” Replied Mark simply, remembering his date with Jackson.

“Liar.” Replied Yugyeom back immediately, “we knew everything.”

“What do you mean by you know everything?”

“We heard that you were spotted at one of the nearby school. Don’t deny it wasn’t you, you were still wearing our school uniform!”

“Yeah,” Yugyeom continued, “that’s a suspicious act. Why do you go to that school anyway?”

“Moreover, without telling us.” Said Youngjae as he narrowed his eyes to Mark.

Mark rolled his eyes and smiled at his friends, “since when you guys are being considerate about me?”

Both Youngjae and Yugyeom looked at each other. “Hey, we are worried about you.”

“What?”

“Yeah, I mean. These days, you are very, gloomy. You are being cold, you are not smiling as much and that you look like you are hiding something. Not just one thing, your face tells me that you re hiding a million stories that is important for us to know.”

Mark widen his eyes in surprise that from all this times, his friends actually noticed his down. “I mean, I-“

“I know!” shouted Youngjae a little too loud, “you like someone don’t you?”

“What I-“

*Bell rings*

Mark stopped talking and the three friends got up from their seat and zoomed out of the canteen immediately. For the next class, it was going to be Mr. Bulldog’s class and whoever got in to the class after him would be asked to do the gwiyomi song. No one wants to do that.

 

Mark kept thinking about their conversation on the canteen even until the evening.

“Are you going to think about it or not?” disturbed a voice that broke him back to reality. As Mark daydreamed, he forgot about Junior who was sitting beside him. They were having Junior’s dancing class.

“Uh, what?” asked Mark to himself, “I’ll search.” Mark went to his phone and typed hip hop songs that might be good for the performance that he was having. Thoughts of Youngjae and Yugyeom speaking earlier. He kept stopping. Searching. Stopping. Searching.

“What are on your thoughts actually?” asked the confused Junior. “You look, afraid. Not only that, you looked restless.”

“No, it’s nothing.”

“Are you sure,” asked Junior as he titled his head slightly, cutely. “It’s ok if you have something.”

“No, no. Really.”

“Ok, then” said Junior finally with a smile and rested his head on Mark’s shoulder. “Well, it’s good to be buried with your own thoughts, I’ll help you search.”

Mark froze in place as Junior let his heavy head rested on Mark’s shoulder. Mark’s heart pumped hard as he was nervous as hell but he didn’t want Junior to notice. Cold sweat starting to form at his back. Hmm… or maybe.

 

Well, Mark kept dazing off, even the next day.

“I am so sure right now Yugyeom, I am going to tell the whole world.”

“Me too, but who?”

“Come on!” Mark shouted, annoyed. Of course Mark knew that he was getting old and his age was a nice age to meet someone and fell in love. Mark used to think about that when he was like 12 years old. He liked the idea of having a partner walking with him and hugging him. Someone to go out with, someone to cuddle with. However, Mark didn’t like the idea of anyone at the moment. When every time his friends with anyone or anything, he just couldn’t stop talking it seriously. Mark knew that his friends were just joking and Mark managed to put a smile on his face but every teasing made him think about his love life. Whom he actually like. Right now, he didn’t even want to remember the fact that he have a messed up love life.

Mark never actually told his friends about what he actually feel. He regretted not telling them in the first place. Since his day dreams kept coming to him, the teasing got worse. They were in the dance room, yes Youngjae was there, even though it was not CCA time. However, Yugyeom loved the dance room and would like to hang out there when he felt like not going home immediately after school. Mark sat on the wooden floor. He looked at his reflection in the mirror, chick like normal. Mark pulled out his phone and open up youtube so that he can try out new dances.

Wait.

*Flashback hits him hard like how puberty hit Justin Bieber*

“Are you going to think about it or not?” disturbed a voice that broke him back to reality. As Mark daydreamed, he forgot about the Junior who was sitting beside him. They were having Junior’s dancing class.

“Uh what?” asked Mark to himself, “I’ll search.” Mark went to his phone and typed hip hop songs that might be good for the performance that he was having. Thoughts of Youngjae and Yugyeom speaking earlier. He kept stopping. Searching. Stopping. Searching.

“What are on your thoughts actually?” asked the confused Junior. “You look, afraid. Not only that, you looked restless.”

“No, it’s nothing.”

“Are you sure,” asked Junior as he titled his head slightly, cutely. “It’s ok if you have something.”

“No, no. Really.”

“Ok, then” said Junior finally with a smile and rested his head on Mark’s shoulder. “Well, it’s good to be buried with your own thoughts, I’ll help you search.”

Mark froze in place as Junior let his heavy head rested on Mark’s shoulder. His heart pumped hard as he was nervous as hell but he didn’t want Junior to notice. Cold sweat starting to form at his back.

*end of flashback*

 

“I wish I can like see the thoughts inside your head right now.” Whispered Youngjae to Mark, big enough so that Yugyeom could hear it too.

“Wow, that person have made the cold boy Mark into blank minded isn’t it?”

“Who do you think is it? Is it Yonngguk, or …” Youngjae and Yugyeom spent the last 30 minutes spitting out random names that might made Mark reacted. Mark hate every second of it. Trying to be as patient as possible, Mark tried to stop them but uselessly, they kept going. For what seems like years of bullying for Mark, his blood was boiling, his temper raising.

“OMG I HAVE BOYFRIENDS OKAY? CAN’T YOU PLEASE JUST ING SHUT UP AND STOP BULLYING ME LIKE THIS?”

Wow. From where did that slipped?

Youngjae and Yugyeom starred at him with their eyes widen, like really big. Mark have not been like this from the first time they met and Mark never once mentioned anything about boyfriends.

“Excuse me, sorry but, Boyfriends?”

.

Mark, Yugyeom and Youngjae sat together on the floor and made a circle. No one was there and it was a relief for Mark or not the whole school will start to freak out. However, he trust this dirty little secret to both of his friends.

Mark started to tell them about the first time he met BamBam. He was kidnapped after the request of Mr.Hope that made him stayed back for a few hours and that it was all the reason why Mark didn’t come back home early that night. Yugyeom was relieved that he finally know the truth. Mark told everything from when he was punched in the face and was tied around a chair, how BamBam came out of nowhere and asked him to be his boyfriend, how they escape the air vent and how BamBam got shot. Not what he expected but both of his friends was very interested on his kidnapped story. They were really tense and he was sure that they didn’t care about ‘will you be my boyfriend’ thing.

Next, he talked about Jackson. He talked about that day when he was happy that his parents got a chance to go home early and that happiness was destroyed just by her cold face. He told them about how she looked at him and make a deal about him and Jackson. He talked about how Mark actually want to break up with him but he gave up after listening to his story.

“Wow, you are not the Mark I used to know anymore.” Commented Youngjae as Mark let every single piece of information out. Even he talked about how cute BamBam actually looked after he dyed his hair hazel brown.

“Question, do you actually like them?” asked Yugyeom.

“Well, I don’t actually like Jackson that much for being drunk and all but he is really caring. For BamBam, I tried to love him back but there is this thing that prevent me from doing that. I don’t seem to know what it is.”

“Wait, another question, so it’s really you in that picture?”

“What picture?”

Youngjae took out his phone and showed him a picture. Youngjae took the picture from his phone himself. Youngjae explained that he was standing in front of the computer lab late after school after his remedial. He left his worksheet in the lab and wanted to grab it back for he walked past the lab. However, just as he wanted to get in, he saw someone opening one of the computer. He was curious on what the student was doing. He watched and realized that the student was looking at a picture in the USB that he owned. The picture was not clear from a distance and he have decided that he would took the picture of what he have seen because it looked familiar.

Unfortunately, when Youngaje took the picture, the student who was sitting in front of the desk walked away. The picture of a clear screen and the blurred student. The screen showed a boy with the uniform that was from his school and another boy with a different uniform, clinging on to him. Mark was positive that it was him and Jackson on that date when he went to pick up Jackson. However, why is that picture here?

“I used to question if that is really you but it look like it is confirmed now and that someone is spreading the news. I tried to recognize the face of the student who was looking at the picture but I never got the chance to see his face. It seems that he kept the picture to himself and have not shown to anyone yet.”

Well, who is he?

 

_____

Thanks for comments ^^ I apprciate them