Chapter 17

Playboy

After the forest incident, Mr. Hope decided to never have that kind of camp ever again. Mark agreed to it. However, the next 2 days after the trip, Mark went somewhere. No, not go out to BamBam’s house and explore weird places. No, not going over to Jackson’s house to play video games while Jackson being drunk. No, not dancing again. Instead of spending his time studying for an upcoming test, he went to a carnival with his and Junior’s gang.

“Sorry for making every one of you guys do this,” apologized Junior like it was a bad thing. “My mom wouldn’t be happy until we do this.”

“It’s fine, really.” Said JB.

Yes, JB was there.

Well, eventually, between the years Mark was not in Junior’s life, JB managed to become close to him and now they are in one gang. Well, JB is with them so immediately Jungkook and V was in. Of course, how can Mark be happy at this time of life?

Mark’s long jacket was blowing behind the strong wind. It was at least 7 at night and Mark was like the only one with a completely warm clothing. Except for V who still wear a size-too-big sweater, which was what he always wear.

Anyway, there they were, munching off pop corns and cotton candies. It is a late night carnival, which Mark didn’t knew that it even exist before, so they could stay there until the next morning. Junior’s mom had forced them to go together because she thought that Junior needed to ‘go out for once and hang out with his friends’. However, she also wanted Mark to come. Probably the main reason for doing that was to thank Mark for his hard work and she wanted to him to have ‘fun’. Well, Junior knew his condition and invited Mark’s gang along.

“What should we do first?” asked Youngjae who was sipping on his lemon tea.

“Let’s go to the one with darts,” recommended Junior, “I bet they still have that cute teddy bear that I want since I was a little kid.”

Who knows Junior could be so crazy about a teddy bear? Junior described about that giant teddy bear in every. Single. Detail. Start from the fluffy head to the ‘heart tattoo’ on his foot. It was a brown teddy bear which would usually cost you around one million ( in my country). The type of teddy bear where you could feel that you are hugging a different person.

“OMG, someone get this high school kid his teddy bear!” complained Jimin finally after a period of time.

Everyone laughed. On that time, they arrived at the dart game. Even though not much people were lining up, it was enough to make the atmosphere very lively. Junior spent the next 10 minutes to find the shop where his teddy bear was located. Junior looked very excited as he found the right stall.

“Gotta admit, you are the eldest one yet that get very excited about a teddy bear.” Said the stall keeper.

Of course, he is Junior.

Junior’s eyes widen as each of his friends took turn to hit the dart on the bulls eye. Yugyeom almost made it to the bulls eye but he missed a second. Junior was shouting like a mad man and for a second everyone looked at him crazy. Mark tried to play but no one knows why he at darts so bad. It was when JB stepped forward that a different aura covered Mark’s mood.

 JB took the darts from the same cup that the stall keeper provided. He paid his bill and focus on the target that was in front of him. He closed one of his eyes. Mark thought that it was ridiculous for him to do that because he acted that he was so immersed in the game, he managed to give JB a smirked.

“Don’t worry Junior, I will get you that teddy bear.”

Huh. Don’t act like you will-

JB took a shot. Not what Mark was expecting, JB hit the target perfectly.

“YYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Shouted Junior on top of his lungs. He looked like the happiest person every created in the world. Everyone started looking at him weirdly for the fact that they were really confused about a grown high school student was so happy about that he could silenced the whole crowd.

On the other side, rainbows and unicorns filled Junior’s mind. Even though it was night time, the sun rose up to the sky, shone all of its light to Junior’s happy face. The angles were singing as they flew over the skies and swirl around the dazzling teddy bear which was sitting on top of a shelf. The angels sang louder as the fluffy teddy bear was carefully lifted up from its spot and was put on the royal unicorn’s back. The angles were singing, the light shone brighter than before, the joy and happiness surrounded the high school student. The maximum levels of emotions mixed as he first touched the soft fur of the teddy bear. The richness of fluffiness he felt was too much to handle. What he have dreamt of, what he have dreamt off for a long time, have finally came to him. ( For you guys who did not understand, it is just his imagination and what he feels.)

“What the Junior. You looked like you just saw G-dragon or something.” Commented Jungkook who was too surprised by his friend’s attitude.

“Shut up already,” added Yugyeom as he went over to the screaming Junior and covered his mouth for everyone’s ear sake.

When Junior finished, the most amazing words he had to say, “Oh, it’s much better than meeting G-Dragon.”

 

“I surely regret that I don’t bring a jacket.” Complained Youngjae to himself as he hugged himself in the midst of the cold air.

“Let’s get some coffee,” recommended Mark, “I saw a coffee machine not long ago, it must not be that far.”

“I agree on Mark’s idea on keeping Youngjae warm!” shouted Youngjae as he rose his hand in agreement.

“I agree on Mark’s idea for making me want a cup of coffee because he make me feel like it!”added Junior as he raised his hand too.

“I agree on Mark’s idea for not raising any more hands and just go because Youngjae is going to freeze soon.” Shouted Mark.

Everyone laughed. Well, it was not that often that Mark cracked a joke that day. The gang was walking like normal when there was a hand from behind Mark, clinging onto him. Mark had no problem that his friends cling onto him actually. However, the one who he saw that day was not just anyone, it was Junior.

He was clinging onto Mark like they were very, very close. Mark’s heart beat like crazy. He was not sure why but his vision blurred, his sense was lost deep inside him. The only thing that was pictured in his vision was the boy with beautiful eyes and fluffy hair.

What the hell Mark, what are you doing?

“Mark?” asked Junior who was now in front of him.

“Yes?” replied Mark back as he snapped back to reality.

“Race you there.” Said Junior as he started running in front of Mark.

Mark’s inner childishness rose up and started to use his legs to chase after the younger boy in front of him. Well, that made the whole gang chased after them behind them because they didn’t know what was happening and eventually everyone started running. Their faces was in between happy and confused when they stopped in front of the coffee machine.

Everyone draws out their cash in order to get themselves a cup of coffee. Mark was very grateful that the world have created this kind of coffee machine. Mark thought that this kind of machine was the most convenient machine among all machines. First of all, it is easy to use. Second, everyone one figured out how to use the machine because it is way too easy. Finally, the coffee is great and it is cheap! Who wouldn’t like a tasty, cheap coffee?

“Where does my money go?” asked a voice. Junior was the one on the front line of the coffee machine but he is searching his entire pocket for a few cash. Mark stood up as he reach into his pocket to get some money to borrow him but-

“It’s ok. I’ll buy it for you.” The boy lining up behind Junior stepped in front of him and put in some cash in the machine. JB took the cup from the machine and warmly gave it to Junior. “Here you go.”

“OMG, thanks. I still owe you a cup though.” Replied Junior with a smile on his face.

Mark stare at the cash he had on his hand. He shook his head roughly and sat back down. JB and Junior came to join them last.

Well, just like typical high school students, they talk for hours. Not literally, but you got what I meant so once they realize the time, it was already late.

“What can we do next?” asked Junior, “mom told me not to stay more than midnight.

“It’s ok,” said Jungkook checking the time, “we have another hour.”

“What can we do in a hour?”

“Hey, how about the Ferris wheel? That seems ok and it can fit our whole hour.” Recommended Youngjae.

“Great idea!” shouted Junior.

“Hey, I got an idea.” Said V as all of them walked towards the Ferris wheel. “Why don’t we do truth or dare while we are on the Ferris wheel.”

“Or, only two people get on the Ferris wheel, and the rest of us stay on the ground while giving them dares.” Added Yugyeom.

“That’s a really good idea.”

 

“So, I have prepared paper balls. If each of you guys will choose a paper ball and unwrap it. The two person who choose paper balls with a tick on it will get on the Ferris wheel.” Said Jungkook. He and V have prepared the paper balls. Well, Mark didn’t trust them and they must have remembered which one is not the one with the tick on them.

“I choose this!” shouted Yugyeom.

“I’ll take this.” Shouted V next.

Well, the next thing that happened is that everyone tried to grab the paper balls.

“Shall we open them one by one?” asked V like he was the host.

Everyone was lining up in a line initiatively. Jungkook started to open his paper first. Just what Mark expected, Jungkook didn’t choose the paper ball with a tick, so did V. Mark just smirked and was actually relieved when he didn’t choose the paper with a tick.

“I think I got it.” Said the boy who was standing beside him. He wanted to follow the other to burst into laughter but, Junior was the one who need to go ride on the Ferris wheel.

It’s ok Mark, what are you so worried about-

“I knew this would happen!” commented JB as he saw his paper. He did looked embarrassed and put his head down. However, what was under all his ‘embarrassed act’? A smile.

Wow, I really wished that I have picked that paper instead.

 

They took Junior’s phone when both of them ride the Ferris wheel but JB could keep his phone for where they will take the dares. When they got into the Ferris wheel, everything seemed fine. The rest of the people on the ground continuously texted JB to give them dares to do.

Well, the dares were pretty weird. One required them to imitate Yugyeom when he dances that scared JB a lot because it was clear that he never imagined himself dancing an intense hip hop move while being high up above the ground. Another one was just for JB. He was asked to do a hand stand while he need to look down. Junior recorded the incident. The video was sent to Jimin’s phone and everyone laughed as they saw JB’s hilarious face. It was a while when they saw JB’s inner self came out. These days he have been cold and “mature”. He have been exercising a lot and been studying hard. He didn’t really have the time to “hang out” these days. Well, Mark didn’t actually care about that stuff. However, he did laugh along when JB showed his “I am not a fan of the height face.”

The night was great though. They did most of Mark’s request like asking Junior to do gyiyomi ( most importantly that they send it into Mark’s phone immediately. ) which made Jimin want to throw up. Mark also requested JB to do aegyo. He didn’t knew exactly why but he did so it was worth it.

 They spent the whole hour doing hilarious dares that Mark would not forget. Finally, in 3 minutes, JB and Junior would be getting off the Ferris wheel. However, for the last minute, they still take dares. Mark gave up for his stomach hurt from laughing so he just happily watched everyone texting JB on what to do next.

1 minute left. They were near the end. Mark could see Junior was getting ready to get off but JB was still looking at his phone. Well, it was weird to think about it for no one was texting them anymore. Mark could see the two friends clearly. Even the sudden smirk that appeared on JB’s face. On the other second, JB opened up his voice and they looked like they were talking. Junior facing JB, JB facing Junior. It was normal. Well, it looked normal. Just a friendly talk. That was what Mark’s mind thought what it was until JB leaned forward, pulled Junior towards him and kissed him on the lips.

 

 

Junior’s face was still red when they got off the Ferris wheel.

“Today was fun, isn’t it?” asked Youngjae who was walking towards his car along with his two friends after saying their good byes and separate from the rest of the group.

“Surprisingly I did enjoy it. I did not regret coming here. I definitely get to know them, especially Jimin better and know that they are fun people. What do you think Mark?”

Mark looked straight into Yugyeom’s eyes, “Let’s just go home.”

For the first time, his friends don’t seem to get the message that he was unhappy. Truly he was happy until the last minute of the night destroyed it. His blood was boiling and his temper raised. He could feel his ears getting hot and in a few minutes his head was going to explode. Moreover, the pain in his heart was real.

 

_______________________________________

 

Finally done with this cahapter . Anyway, yes i exagerate the teddy bear tooo much but it;s ok