Chapter 26

Playboy

“It’s not a date, It’s a… um.. private hang out between the two of us.” Said Jinyoung as he continued stuttering.

“Ok, fine. I’ll be there for our ‘date’.” Chuckled Mark that led Jinyoung to hang up on him first.

 

 

It was Saturday evening, Jinyoung wanted to hang out with Mark to celebrate their successful performance. Mark got there first so he needed to wait for Jiyoung outside in the chilly weather. Mark could feel his face turned pale while he rubbed both of his hands together to create warmth. Not long after, he heard footsteps running towards him. Mark turned towards that direction, it was Jinyoung. Mark could feel his body have regained its energy.

“Sorry to make you wait like this!” apologized Jinyoug a little bit too formal, “There was traffic on the way here. I should have left earlier.”

“No, it’s ok. Let’s get in.”

 

Who knows hanging out with Jinyoung was ridiculously fun?

Jinyoung was so fond of games. They would play in the arcade for three hours and Jinyoung would never got tired of it. Moreover, Jinyoung was not a huge eater. The only thing he wanted to eat that moment was the free soda that they could exchange with the amount of ticket they won. Thanks to Jinyoung’s skills, both of them earned a few packs of biscuits and a can of soda each.

“That was the fullest dinner I have ever had in my whole life,“ said Mark full of sarcasm.

“Sorry,” laughed Jinyoung, “I need a way to remove those tickets out of my pocket.”

“So, what do you want to do next?”

Jinyoung thought about it for a while and lit up few seconds later, followed by a sneaky smile.

 

 

“Seriously?”

Mark couldn’t believe what he saw in front of his eyes. It was the kid’s playground. There were kids who were playing in the playground, accompanied by their parents. Jinyoung on the other hand got excited as much as the kids and started climbing up to the top of the monkey bar. Jinyoung waved at Mark and beckoned him to join him on top of the monkey bar. With a deep sigh, Mark started to use his legs to support himself on top of the monkey bar. Mark used to hang out a lot on top of the monkey bar when he was younger, being up there brought him back memories.

“Do you think that it is fun? To act like a little kid?” asked Jinyoung as he stared at the ground beneath them.

“I feel fine about it. Why?”

“I don’t know. I love to think as a little child. Climbing up things usually helps because that is what I do all day as a child. I mean, being a child is way easier than being who I am right now. As a child, there was no such thing as depression, enemies and hardship. Everyone was your friend and the world was with you, it almost felt like you could get anything you want. To be brutally honest, if I have a chance to be an immature without any adult thoughts ever again, I would take that chance.”

Mark stared at Jinyoung with a blank mind.

“Sorry, that was too deep.” Jinyoung started to climb down the monkey bar. When Mark started to move, Jinyoung told him to stay where he was. “Now jump.” Said Jinyoung with his arms open, ready to catch Mark.

“You’re crazy.” Said Mark

“I’m Insane.”

“Come on! I can break your bones!” chuckled Mark.

“Just do it.”

“Ok,” Mark just smirked. He jumped down the monkey bars as light as he could so that he didn’t give Jinyoung too much weight. Jinyoung happily caught him at the ground and smiled as he succeed.

 

 

“Why?” Mark asked as he stood on the hard ice ground beneath him with his rented skating shoes.

“Because, I have not been skating for a while and I know you have zero experience in skating. So, I want to make you know the feeling when you stand on ice.”

“I don’t need to know the feeling.”

Without a second thought, Jinyoung skated towards the paralyzed Mark. “Give me your hand.”

Jinyoung was a great skater. He twirled around the ice like a ballerina, earning some wow from the people around them. He was a fast skater too. Mark knew he was not too light but Jinyoung managed to bring him around the ice rink in top speed. Mark felt the gush of cold air touching his skin. He was terrified that he might lost his balance even when Jinyoung was holding him.

“Is it fun?” asked Jinyoung after a while as he slowed down. Mark nod in amazement, “Happy to know that. The huge amount of energy I wasted was worth it. You are one heavy guy! I mean, this place is freezing and I am sweating!”

Mark laughed, “When do you learn how to skate?”

“Since I was a child,” said Jinyoung with pride, “My father used to win skating competitions as a child, he taught me his signature move.”

“Really? That is amazing! Can you show me?”

“I have not master it yet,” said Jinyoung looking down, embarrassed. “But sure, I’ll try to do it.” Jinyoung took a good distance away from Mark and prepare to do the move, “he call this the ‘millionth spin’”

“What? Is it you spinning at least a million times?”

“Yeah.” Jinyoung swung his legs a few times, stretching. “Here I go.” Jinyoung started to spin, and spin and spin. It was just a few spin when it was obvious that Jinyoung was slowly loosing balance. “Whoa!”

“Watch out!” shouted Mark as he skated as fast as he could. Mark caught Jinyoung. Mark’s hand was behind Jinyoung’s back while Jinyoung weighted on him.

Time froze for a minute. Mark imagined the scene. It was very similar with the very romantic scene in the drama. Their face was inches away from each other. Jinyoung’s eyes were sparkling and his cheeks was blushing red.

Wow

Cuteness overload.

Once Mark came back to his sense, he pushed Jinyoung back up, preventing him to fall.

“Whoa! Thank you.” Said Jinyoung as if nothing had happened.

Mark faked a laugh as he felt his body temperature increase. He could feel his ears were turning red and his cheeks were blushing with embarrassment.

 

After they got their coffee, they both sat next to each other outside on the bench outside the mall. It was quite chilly so Jinyoung need to entangle his arm in Mark’s jacket. Well, that was what Mark thought his reason was.

The atmosphere around them was perfect, perfect for a date. Not much people was around. Since the mall was not for from a river, there was a sound of a calm flowing river. Jinyoung was staring blankly to a distance as if he was thinking deeply.

“Hey, what’s the matter?” asked Mark.

“Can I, can I ask you something?”

“Sure,” asked Mark confused. There was something, not right.

“Do you still remember the time when the first time I met you?” asked Jinyoung, still not looking at Mark.

“At the dance club?”

“When you bumped into me at your first day of junior year.”

“Oh,” said Mark, surprised that Jinyoung actually remembered that moment. He always thought that he was the only one who realized that they met each other earlier.

“Thank you. I mean it, thanks a lot. JB used to be such a huge back then. Thank you for standing up for me. That is the first time someone actually ever tell him to back off.”

“Oh yeah, how do you make up with him anyway?” asked Mark.

“It’s a funny story.” Said Jinyoung before chuckling, “but anyway, It doesn’t matter. I have something to tell you.”

“Yeah?”

Is it possible that he…

“I had a crush on you for a long time now.”

Mark widen his eyes didn’t know how to respond. “Jinyoung, I… I didn’t expect…”

“From the first time I saw you. That exact moment. I promised myself that one day I will take good care of you. Of course, this is a little bit odd since I am younger and all but em… will you be my …. Emm… boyfriend?”

Jinyoung’s face was even more perfect than ever. The fantasy lied. They described their characters as stuttering and awkward when they confessed. However, the reality spoke of the handsome Jinyoung. His face feature stood out more as if someone had applied instant make up on him. Every single angle of him outshined the dark atmosphere Mark was feeling. He was the cutest thing ever. Did Mark finally realize his feelings for Jinyoung?

Say no. – Mark’s logic sense

What? Look at this puppy, he is beyond adorable.

Yeah, sure. That is just optical illusion idiot.

Optical illusion?

Whatever. Just say no

Whyyyy..

Are you kidding me? What about Jackson? BamBam?

Yeah, you’re right, I will say no.

“Sure, I will.”

you

Jinyoung’s face softened into a smile. His gaze moved towards Mark. Mark felt like he was drugged for a moment, by Jinyoung’s love. He felt everything surrounded them blurred, allowing them to have their time. Jinyoung was leaning closer, closer and closer. Their nose touched. Just as Mark could feel the tip of Jinyoung’s lips, someone destroyed the very moment.

“CHEATER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

I know that voice

Mark sat back straight immediately and looked who was causing the problem. When Mark thought he was going to beat up some guy, it backfired and he was dead on the ground. It was Jackson and BamBam. Yes. Jackson AND BamBam. With rage, the both of them stumped angrily towards Mark.

“Mark, what is going on?”

“What is going in on right now is that the guy you wanted to kiss right here is a ing cheater. A dirty cheater.” Said Jackson as he spitted out the words with harsh manner.

“Mark, I thought you said that you would be my boyfriend?” asked Jinyoung trying not to believe what he just encountered.

“Wait, I am Mark’s boyfriend.” Said BamBam innocently.

“Hey, I am his boyfriend.” Added Jackson.

“And I am his boyfriend…” said Jinyoung quietly.

The three of them turned to stare at Mark.

Mark noticed his danger. However, his gaze turned at the guy at the far back, watching them. For a moment, his eyes allowed him to clear and zoomed into the person watching them.

It was JB, smirking. It was his plan all along.

 

BamBam and Jackson have clearly showed that they totally lost it. Jackson was just screaming at every direction while BamBam was mentally breaking down. Jackson spent most of his night screaming at Mark’s face of how bad he actually is and that they were very, very over. BamBam stood next to Jackson, nodding on every word he said while he silently crying horribly. Jackson on the other hand, he spat out words instead of tears. More words, swearing, threatens.

“I THOUGHT YOU ARE A NICE GUY, MARK BUT IT SEEMS THAT I HAVE PROVEN MYSELF WRONG! WHAT DO YOU THINK THE ADVANTAGES WERE TO DATE A MILLION GUYS IN A TIME? WHAT DO YOU GET FROM CHEATING ANYWAY? YOU KNOW WHAT? I AM MUCH BETTER OFF WITHOUT YOU. I DON’T DESERVE YOUR MISTREATING OF OTHER PEOPLE. BEHIND ALL THAT MASK, I HOPE PEOPLE CAN SEE THE REAL DIRTY SIDE OF YOU!”

“What the Mark, I mean, I got shot, because of you, by my own father’s minions. I risked my life for you. Does that mean nothing for you?”

“Guys, please let me expla-“

“I AIN’T NO HEARING YOU EXPLAINATION. THRE IS NO GOOD EXCUSE FOR YOU TO DO THIS KIND OF THING. I AM NOT HEARING ANYTHING! YOU KNOW WHAT? I AM GOING TO TELL THE WHOLE PLANET HOW TY YOU ARE!”

“This is a whole misunderstanding!” complained mark.

“So what is it Mark? What is it then?” asked Bambam whispering but loud enough for everyone to hear. For the first time, he truly sound like a devil’s child.

Mark opened his mouth and decided that BamBam was right. “Guys, if you let me explain why I am doing this-“

“YES! I KNOW! I KNOW YOU ARE A DIRTY LTTLE ! YOU DO CHEAT ON ALL OF US! MAKING US FEEL WARM AND COMFORTABLE IN YOUR ARMS. I AM GLAD THAT WE CAN SAVE THE LAST VICTIM YOU INVITE!” Jackson stormed off immediately.

“I’ll make sure that my father know where you live.” Said bamBam with menacing eyes, like a tiger ready to attack. He followed Jackson behind him.

Mark knew that he was not fine. Not with all the bruises in his heart. His could feel his heart ache and his eyes was swollen. His blood was boiling. He turned to Jinyoung who was quietly watching, speechless.

“Jinyoung, I-“  before Mark could finish his sentence, Jinyoung replied with a hard slap on his face.

“Wow. Wow, Mark. I- I can’t believe it.”

“I- I have something to say-“

“No! Don’t say a word you !” shouted Jinyoung, his voice was trembling. “You- you know that was bad thing to do! Giving me hopes and let me down right after, what the hell was that?”

“Jinyoung, please..”

“Don’t talk to me!” that was the last thing he heard before Jinyoung ran away full of tears.

Mark touched his face, his face still hurts on the part Jinyoung slapped him. Mark turned towards JB. He stood up and left the area. It was burning hot, just like what he was feeling at the moment. Since that on he knew that he ed up big time.