Chapter 27

Playboy

“Are you serious!?” asked JB with his best fakest smile.

“Yes! Is it not noticable? Well, I did a really good job.” Said Jinyoung with satisfaction.

“Wait, don’t tell me that’s the reason why you want to join the dance club in the first place.”

Jinyoung’s cheeks burned with embarrassment. JB leaned back to his chair and scoffed, “you can’t just say that you want to join the dance club just because you have a huge crush on Mark Tuan. Yugyeom would totally kick you out the next second.”

“I promised that I would work hard! Yugyeom would be so proud of me in the future, just see!” said Jinyoung excitedly.

“I don’t get with you and that Mark guy Jinyoung,” said Jungkook as he opened his soda, “if you like him, why don’t you just tell him?”

“You’re crazy aren’t you?” said V as he smacked Jungkook’s head, “You are talking about Mark Tuan here, freaking Mark Tuan. It’s not like Jinyoung is the only person that like him. Moreover, they don’t know each other at all. It will make Jinyoung look like a total freak.”

“Hey, you don’t need to hit me!” complained Jungkook.

“Fine,” said JB as he looked at the three of his friends, “but I’m not sure that Yugyeom will keep you forever.”

“Yeah. This one time I heard about a story that someone join the dance club just to stalk Yugyeom. The funny thing is that she can’t even dance! She edited herself with the video she submitted for audition. In the end, Yugyeom figured out and he immediately kick her out of the club.” Said V with cautious.

“Damn, that kid can join our ‘heartless ’ club.”

“Don’t worry guys, I got this. And don’t call him a little kid, he is a much respected person and he dance much better than you do.” Said Jinyoung to Jungkook.

“Whatever,” said Jungkook as he rolled his eyes.

 

Operation: Mark Tuan’s secret

Target: Jackson Wang

Date: Jackson’s date

Location: Jackson’s school lobby.

 

It was one of those days when JB would groan every single second.  It was after school when JB slumped his shoulders, dragged his face down. “I still don’t get it why you need to bring me along.”

“She is your sister! Of course you need to help to pick her up from school.” JB’s mother said sternly.

“I am fine, actually. However, that girl took much longer time to finally get out of that class than me finishing all my homework.” Complained JB.

His mother scoffed before answering him, “Its fine. Just be patient.”

JB inhaled deeply and exhaled a loud sigh. If it wouldn’t be for his little sister, he would be at home playing games. JB really hate picking up his sister after school. It was long and boring. It was torture to just watch random kids running outside the school lobby in excitement. JB had always wished that one of the kids that got out early from school is his sister. However, things never went that way.

When JB was looking at the sky, adoring birds which spread their wings in freedom, he heard a very disturbing shout not too far from him. “You what?!”. With absolute boredom, JB turned to look what was causing the scene. To his amusement, he saw Mark.

There was another boy which he didn’t recognize and is obviously from that school. The girls who looked more pissed than ever was also wearing the same uniform with the boy’s. JB quickly hid behind a few bushes, hoping that it would make a good hiding spot. The next thing he wanted to know is that Mark realized that he have watched something he shouldn’t and tell Jinyoung about it.

“And another one is that, can you release my boyfriend please? I couldn’t be going without him.” Said Mark as he eyed the boy with the iest face he had.

Boyfriend?

“W-What!” screamed that girl. “You mean, that cute hottie is your boyfriend?”

I should get a picture.

JB took out his phone when the couple was walking away and the frustrated girls were hammering the ground with their feet. JB took a nice angle and…..

Snap

Whoa! Why is the camera not on silent?

Mark turned back, JB with his good reflexes, ducked behind the bushes where he was sure that he would be invisible.

“Hey, Jackson,” asked Mark, “did you hear something like the camera?”

“Well, not really but it may be that sound but I am positive it is not a camera.” Replied Jackson.

“Emm.. ok then.”

Jackson

That is his name.

JB stood up from his position when his sister finally was ready to go home, leaving cramps on his legs. JB looked at the result of the picture and smiled. It was a perfect shot. For once, he was grateful that his mother brought him along.

Date: After school the next day

Location: Computer Lab

JB plugged his USB into the dongle. The picture that he took yesterday appeared on the clean screen. He zoomed into the picture, yes, it was clear that it was Mark, he was positive about it. With the sneakiest smile he had, JB started to edit the photo a little bit to make things slightly more, exiting, this way he can black mail Mark for taking away Jinyoung from him.

“Mark… Oh, Mark Tuan. Why did you need to appear at the worst possible moment?” said JB, talking to himself, “I will make sure that I destroy your life someday.”

Just then, the lab door slightly opened but it was quickly closed. JB turned around and found nobody around him, “That was strange.”

 

 

Target: BamBam

Date: Mark’s mall investigation.

The cost of his sister to spy on Jackson was to help her shop for clothes.

JB and his sister arrived to the mall afterschool and JB was not looking forward to it. His sister on the other hand, had a huge grin plastered on her face. She needed a new dress to attend to her friend’s birthday party.

“Don’t you have a dress already?” complained JB as he struggle hard to keep his legs moving.

“Are you kidding me? I wore all of them already. I am not going to wear the same one over again.”

While JB was having a harsh time, cursing about girls being so complicated, a familiar group of girls walked pass him. He knew them of course, it was Twice, happily chattering like usual. JB was relieved that he changed into a more comfortable clothing so that he won’t be too noticeable.

However, he noticed a couple, holding hands, walking behind them. For some reason, they looked very fishy. It was as if they were spying on the girls. JB thought that it was amazingly creepy and inappropriate but he shook it off just to think that it was a total coincidence.

On the next hour, his sister got hungry so he stopped by a café in the mall.

“This mall ! I told you that the other mall would have better options!” complained his sister while she sipped her coffee.

“Hey! Stop complaining. I already agree to do this with you!” said JB obviously very bored.

“I will pay you back with the spying mission you told me to do anyway.”

“Well,” sighed JB, “that other mall is far anyway. We don’t have enough fuel to go there.”

“Bull.” Cursed his sister.

When JB took another sip of his coffee, a familiar sound of chatter appeared from across the coffee shop. Twice was going to the restaurant across the café. To JB notice, the couple was still there. JB planned to confront the couple and question them. However, to his luck, the couple turned back before he got the chance to stand up, revealing both of their faces.

JB nearly spitted out his coffee when he finally recognize the face. It was Mark. Mark Tuan. Dressed as a girl and putting on makeup. JB was disgusted with him enough to recognize him under all of those fake disguise. What made him question even more was not the reason why he was following Twice but who was the boy he was clinging into.

 I thought Mark have a boyfriend.

 

“I made friends with that Jackson guy,” said his sister as he arrived home the next day, “he is a mess!”

“Yeah, I don’t care what is he, do you get to ask him about his love life?”

“Well, of course, he is the one who brought it up! He is very proud of that Mark guy. I was like ‘Oh my Gosh, the seniors look so good together. Especially Sandeul and Baro! Relationship goals!’ and he was like ‘Yeah, but I bet my boyfriend can do better.’ So I need to pretend to be very shock and be very jealous of him.”

“How long they have been together?” asked JB.

“Not too long. Oh, confirmed, he and Mark is still dating.” Said his sister, obviously proud of her investigation.

JB paused for a moment, “Maybe that other guy is just a friend?”

 

Date: ‘Family time’ (without dad) night.

Location: Mall

The only thing JB was excited about that day was the movie, which was the reason why he decided to follow. He followed both his mom and his sister into a clothing store that both of them came often.

“Welcome!” said one of the employees, identifying them well. “Your order have just arrived yesterday! Moreover, I am more than excited to show you the latest model that just arrived! Are you interested in that?”

“Of course!” said JB’s mom with a clap, “I love the thing you sell here! Everything is just gorgeous!”

JB rolled his eyes and decided to scan the shop for a quick glance. He needed a new sweater anyway. However, on the sweater section, he saw two very familiar faces. He tried to outline both of the boy’s face. One of them looked confused and one of them was in a rush to pay for the sweater. Once the cashier was done, they took the sweater and ran away, avoiding eye contact. JB felt the need to not look at them so he quickly look down on his phone. He looked back to identify the person but failed.

What the?

“Isn’t that Mark Tuan?” asked his sister, pointing at the very familiar stranger.

“Really?” asked JB trying to remember the details of the person, “Well, If you think about it they do look alike.”

“No, I am talking about serious Mark Tuan. No one would fail to recognize a handsome boy, even from afar.” Commented her on Mark.

“Eww… he knows me. Stop being all so lovey dovey for him. It is disgusting! I am telling Jackson you said that!”

“Whatever,” chuckled his sister, “do you have any idea who is the guy with him? Never seen him before.”

“No idea,” admitted JB, “but he do look awfully familiar.”

 

Of course, they did shop for more clothes. JB was always the one who need to carry all of the shopping bags. He was not too happy about the idea but he tried to shook it off and think of it for his muscles exercise. At least, for once, they were going to watch the movie of his choice, Assassins Creed. Finally, justice spoke up to him. His mother have decided that his sister have been choosing for a long time and JB need to have a chance.

With the last of his strength, he carried all the stuff his family brought earlier, including the huge popcorn. Even though the popcorn was big enough to feed a dog for the rest of the year, he noticed someone. Yes, you guessed it, it was Mark Tuan and that other guy. The other guy was holding his hand and doing aegyo. Whoa, what are they? A couple? His mother pointed at their seats and what a coincidence! Just right in front of Mark, just the best place to eardrop on them.

. “Are you scared? Don’t tell me you don’t dare to watch these kinds of movies.” Said the unfamiliar voice.

“Scared? Phfftt… I am not-“ Mark paused, “-scared.”

The other boy scoffed. “We’ll see.”

JB was laughing deep inside his heart. Well, I know what he hate now. However, he was in shock when he heard a soft snore in the middle of a murder scene.

What the ? Is that Mark sleeping? Who can sleep through this! Yugyeom and Mark are both cold hearted! They can really join our ‘Heartless es’ club. Why don’t we ask Youngaje to make things complete?

JB confirmed that something was fishy when he clearly saw both boys holding hands. The mysterious boy drank his coffee while Mark held on to his hand, smiling. The next second, Mark and JB made eye contact. With his suspicious movements, Mark quickly removed his hand from the other boy and turned his back, speed walking to the other side. It was obvious that Mark was avoiding him. Is it so necessary?

 

Date: Performance day

Location: Toilet

“Now let’s see what is this all about.” Said JB to himself as he took out Mark’s phone from his pocket. He had took them earlier when Mark left to find Yugyeom. He was the only one in the toilet. While JB was sitting comfortably on the closet, he swiped on every messages that Mark have sent.

After a few seconds of searching, JB finally found what he wanted, Jackson Wang. It seemed that Mark chatted with Jackson frequently. As what he expected, Jackson have the term flirty in his name. He would go for every chance possible. Mark on the other hand would deny things sometimes, like when Jackson ask for a hang out but Mark would decline immediately.

Once Jackson texted, “Hey, I am really happy to meet you. Glad that you are my boyfriend. Luv you *kissy emoji*”

However, Mark just replied with a few hearts.

JB scrolled through his contact list and found an unfamiliar name which did not sound Korean at all. “BamBam?”

His name was at the top of the list, seemed that Mark talk to him slightly more often than he did to Jackson. To his curiosity, he clicked on their chat.

“Come on, I am having a ty day and I feel like I want to have a date with you!” asked BamBam.

“Hey, you are not the one who suffer from schooling but sure, what time? I’ll be there :)”

“Noon?”

JB checked the date. It was the day Mark met him at the mall with that other guy. That guy must be BamBam. JB continue scrolling the messages up until it revealed what they had talked about earlier of the month. BamBam don’t look too clingy and flirty like Jackson but it was obvious that Mark liked him much more than his other boyfriend. Moreover, it was also obvious that both of them were dating.

What? Mark Tuan, the flower boy, have 2 boyfriends?

“Hey! JB? Are you there?” It was Mark.

“JBBBBBB!!!” followed a shout by Jinyoung.

JB was shook and nearly fell from the closet, causing a huge thump to be heard. “Awww!” cried JB as he slipped Mark’s phone deep inside his pocket. His hand have crashed to the stall’s wooden wall. It doesn’t hurt too badly but he need a reason to be there. “Why do you guys just crash in like that? Can’t I poop peacefully?”