26

White Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You were pulling out Woohyun’s shirt, that he clumsily spilled his drink on himself when he reenacted a scene for his class to you, out of the dryer when you heard people’s muffled talking in your hallway.

It must have been Junu and Mina; today was one of the nightly gatherings at your place. This time you invited Woohyun since he insisted in accompanying you back to your apartment after work because he was worried about you being all absent-minded. At first he didn’t want to go in, but once he knew Junu and Mina were coming over he agreed. You smiled how much of a sweetheart he was.

After checking his shirt if it was fully dry, you went out of your laundry room closing the door behind you. Turning to go to the living room, you smiled at your friends who greeted you sitting down, only to have your smile fall when you locked eyes with a familiar face.

“Hai, Jangmi,” Yongguk say as he stood up, a nervous smile on his gorgeous face.

Your brain kicked into gear realizing, that the man who ignored you the past week was here in your living room. You shoved Woohyun’s shirt to him and bolted to you room.

“Well, isn’t that welcoming?” Mina laughed when they heard your door close shut.

Junu stood up and patted Yongguk’s back, “Go on, man. Go talk to her.”

“I guess I have to go home now,” Woohyun say, slipping on his shirt on, feeling very awkward. Mina stood up from her seat when he did.

“We’ll go together, kid. We’ll give them their sweet time,” says Mina. Turning to Yongguk, she grinned, “You better make her happy, you idiot.”

“Good luck, man,” says Junu, they the other 3 moved to leave.

“Say, Woohyun, I didn’t notice last time, you have a nice bod-” Yongguk saw Junu placed a hand over Mina’s grinning face, dragging her out of the door with Woohyun following them at their tails.

Once he heard the front door beep close, Yongguk inhaled deeply and exhaled slowly.

 “God, help me,” he silently prayed, before walking towards your room.

 

 

“Omma, why did I run away?” you thought, as you wrapped yourself with your blanket. You didn’t know why you ran away, your body just moved on its own.

You should have run to him and hugged him or even kick him in the leg! Anything but run away! But your body knew what to do before your brain did; and certainly when your heart knew that even though you loved the man outside, you weren’t sure if he cared for you as much as you did or why he was even here in the first place since he decided to negl—no, ignore you. Left you hanging. Abandoned.

“God, Jangmi. It’s just only been a week. Not a year!” you mentally reasoned with yourself, curling yourself more into the blanket, falling sideways onto the bed. “Stop being melodramatic!”

You flinched when you hear a soft knock on your bedroom door.

“Jangmi…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter