20

White Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The early morning before he left your apartment, he said his apologizes and explanations to you as he held you tight to him, no matter how many times you told him to leave. You wanted to push him away, but you didn’t want to spill anymore frustrations. You were tired. It was late, and being angry was tiresome and you didn’t want to feed it more. So you just let him hold you until he was satisfied or tired from the uncomfortable position.

Defeated from the unfamiliar cold silence, Yongguk let go, pulling back and searched your eyes carefully and hesitantly. He saw they were tired. He frowned when he saw you smile at him slightly as you lifted your hand, placing it on his cheek gently. You looked into his eyes as you whispered tiredly once again, “Go home”.

With his chest tightening, sighing, he nodded. He felt guilt cut deep with your manner towards him. How can someone inflict pain just by being gentle and actually radiate icy air? “The better question is how she can still be gentle while being angry at him?” he thought as he stared at you, still smiling. But he knows, no matter how sweet it looked, that smile was bitter.

And thus with an awkward hug and another apology at the door, he finally left with a heavy heart, leaving you sigh and press your face in your hands in exasperation.

 

 

“Whoa, slow down, Mimi. I can’t read what you’re saying,” Mina said, raising her hand to stop you.

You sighed and signed slower this time.

Junu and Mina stared and gaped at you as you explained happened between you and Yongguk over dinner. Your friends noticed, and they received word from their informer, the annoying chameleon, about your down mood lately, so they practically dragged you out after work to brighten you up. They didn’t expect you to actually spill what was the matter; they thought it was because it was your regular dream breakdowns.

 “Kiddo, you spoke to him?” Junu asked, shocked, dropping his spoon to his plate with a clang.

“Seriously?” Mina added, mirroring Junu’s expression.

 “You verbally spoke to him? Like you actually forming words with your mouth and making sound?” Junu questioned again, making hand motions around his mouth as if to emphasis verbal sound.

You nodded, raising an eyebrow at them.  ‘Why are you guys so amazed about this? You know about my condition.’

“We know actually can but even we haven’t heard you speak, Mimi,” Mina pointed out. “And we’ve been trying to get you to talk again for years.”

‘It’s not like I wanted to talk, guys. It was out of anger.’

“But still, you did spoke, baby girl,” Junu emphasized again. “You spoke…”Clearly he wasn’t over the fact.

“So what happened after he left?” asked Mina, egging you on as she stared at you with interest for more drama after rolling her eyes directed at Junu.

 

For the past week, you’ve been unresponsive to Yongguk’s texts.

Jangmi, I’m sorry for the way I acted.
I know I upset you.
Please forgive me.

To be honest, you weren’t angry anymore. Though you were still a bit upset, you somewhat understood why he was acting that way. It’s just you just needed some space to think things through.

I’ll be away, busy with work for a while.

But text me whenever, okay?

Though he said he was busy, he still texted you, not excessively, just short texts every day. Something along the lines of:

Good morning, Angel.
It’s night here, just finished a show.
Hope you have a good day ♥

Good night, Jangmi. ♥
I thought of you I woke up today…
Everyday to be honest since I knew you. Haha

Jangmi…I miss you

You’d be lying if you didn’t smile whenever he texted you. He was sweet and informative about what he was doing that day. It was kind of hard to have that needed space, but you didn’t dislike it obviously. Sure, you wanted to text him back by now. But your body just won’t let you apparently. Your fingers just felt heavy to type and text him. They felt like lead. That’s why you knew you needed space; space for yourself mostly.

You don’t remember what it felt like when Rebel was non-existence in your life. What was your everyday lif

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter