21

White Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ami waited until the ringing stopped and a voice could be heard from the other end.

“Mm~ Hello?” the voice rasped sleepily.

“Um…”Ami smiled, slightly embarrassed. “Hello“

“Babe?” the voice asked confused. She could imagine him trying to open his tired eyes, brows knitted. “Ami?”

“Yeah…” she replied, hesitantly. “Damn, why is this so hard?” She thought, unconsciously sighing.

“Babe, what’s the matter?” Zico asked, his voice more sober now, a hint of concern from hearing her sigh.

“Uhh…nothing.“

“I’m sure it’s not noth-”

“I just miss you,” she blurted out, cutting him off.

Silence filled the air for a moment before a chuckle cracked through from the other side.

“I miss you too, jagiya,” he said dearly. Shuffling sounds was heard; she assumed that he was shifting in his bed. “Do you want me to come over?” his sleepy voice rasped, she could hear his smile.

Ami shook her head. “No, it’s fine, Jiho. It’s really late already,” she told him, as she bit her index finger. “I just want to hear you. You know, urges…sorry”

“Stop biting your finger, Ami,” he chuckled; she immediately dropped her finger, releasing it from between her teeth; surprised how could he tell. “You don’t need to be sorry, sweetheart. Anytime you have your urges-” he chuckled at the word, making her pout clearly he was making fun of you with silent implications of the word. “Just call me, jagi. Whenever, wherever.”

 

You cracked your knuckles after fixing your glasses up the bridge of your nose. Then, you tapped your fingers lightly over your keyboard in thought.

Lately, you’ve been having urges. Urges to call him; to hear him and even urges to talk to him.

Talk.

You of all people had the urge to talk…to him.

Up until now, you were just fine with everything, you know, with not talking. Not since a very long time. And it seemed fine with Yongguk as well. He didn’t seem like he was any way bothered by your silence since your first meeting him. He seemed relaxed and used to it by now, only him doing the verbal talking. Well… there was that thing, where you slipped your first words to him which lead to an argument that both of you just had to talk it over with…well text and talk after a week you ignoring him. Everything was fine now, of course.

But it doesn’t seem enough for you at the moment.

Ever since you actually verbally spoke to him on those two occasions; both apparently from overwhelming burst of emotions. It felt like a domino effect leading to your current “urge”. So yes, lately you have been having strong urges to vocally speak to him and hear him speak to you. And you stubbornly thought it was impossible.

It certainly doesn’t help the fact he’s still busy overseas with work, and you miss him terribly so.

Being the person that you are, you refuse to submit to your “urges” directly. Avoid picking up your phone and dialing his number. So, you try to let it out by writing. Something you haven’t done very much lately actually.

Ever since Bang Yongguk came into your life, you tried not to associate what happens with him into your story writing. You used to associate Rebel into your stories, but it’s different now. The fact you were writing about other idols as the focus of your fascination; you were basically dating them in your head. And especially when you were actually experiencing a somewhat “relationship” with Rebel and the freaking Bang Yongguk, it kind of distorts your imaginary relationships with the idols you were writing about. So how it seems kind of weird and you think kind of unfair for him. Replacing him with another idol, reality or not…it feels like you’re cheating on him somehow…

“God, I’m in too deep!” you mentally laughed at yourself. You pinched your cheek. “Aish! It’s just fanfiction, Jangmi-ah! Nothing wrong about it!” you mentally scolded yourself.

Anyways, since your current situation doesn’t really have a direct association to Yongguk. Not really…maybe…it is…but…ah, who cares!  You clicked your tongue and wrote the urges away.

….

“I love you, you know that right?” she suddenly says cutting him off, her feelings spilling over again.

“Mm~ I know,” you could instantly hear his grin in the hum. “And I love you, Ami.”

 

You huffed as you finished typing up the last sentence; you feel your urges didn’t subside at all. Rather it sort of grew; giving your heart strong nudges and emptiness. You miss him more now. Wishing he’d call you instead, but again that’s impossible. You can’t even talk to him, without feeling pain in your throat. You managed to hold in the sting when you had your argument with him…

“Wait…did I feel anything when I had that dream?”  you suddenly thought, your brows furrowing. You subconsciously reached a hand to your neck as you contemplated. “Strange…I don’t think if it did….”

Shaking it off, you returned your attention to your newly created chapter, you saved it. Afterwards you opened a new document page and you stared at the blank page while pinching your bottom lip.

You contemplated whether you should actually write abou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter