25

White Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You sighed again for the nth time that day, sliding your phone back into your front pocket.

“You should really tell me already why you’ve been sighing like that lately. You’re making me worried,  you know that nunna?” said Woohyun, hearing your sigh as he was passing by mopping the floor.

You couldn’t focus all day at work. And you kept on sighing all day too. It was apparently worse today.

There was not anything “wrong”, you just… okay, so maybe it wasn’t exactly an “okay” about it either.

You felt restless, and you were being unintentionally obvious about it to Woohyun’s eyes.

Why?

You kept checking you phone and the text conversation over and over all day. You’ve been doing that for the past few days.

Why?

You’ve been texting Yongguk, but he hasn’t responded to you. He’s been doing that for the past few days.

Why?

“THAT’S WHAT I WANT TO KNOW!” you screamed in your head before sighing again.

You looked at Woohyun, his hands and head on top of the mop’s handle, balancing his weight on it while looking at you with an eyebrow raised. You gave him a small smile and shook your head.

He sighed and shrugged, “okay then,” Giving up for the nth time. “I’m all ears if you need anything,” he smiled, and continued to mop the floor, and you proceeded with counting money in the cash register.

 

Waving off Ms. Kwon outside the mall after closing, you walked down the path to your bus stop in thought.

 About a week ago, out of the blue, Yongguk has not texted or responded to any of your texts. You actually stopped texting him 3 days ago, now you’re just waiting. And that alone is torture.

You’ve asked Natasha if she’s heard from him the last few days. She hasn’t.

You were worried sick, but you were sure he was alive and well because if anything happened to him surely there would be coverage of it on some news outlet, and there were still fan updates of him and the group on SNS.

So now, you were worried sick if you did anything wrong, because you knew he read your texts. But what could that be?

You kept scrolling up to your past conversations; wondering what and why or if there were any indication of reasons but you knew you did nothing wrong that would trigger his negligence to you. You hoped, so.

So you came up with so many possibilities and situations that might’ve happened:

He lost  or broke his phone.
But he read your texts and if he’s not the one reading it, that doesn’t explain why he can’t just borrow someone’s phone to te
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter