Searching

Unbreakable Bonds

   Hongbin was walking through a grassy open field, dotted with many different types of flowers. The sun streaming beautifully as he made his way to the nearby stream that lay just in the distance. As head his way closer, he could hear a gorgeous male voice that just made him shake in pleasure. Eventually, he realized what godly creature was singing, and slowly hypnotizing him. It was Hyuk. Well, at least it looked like Hyuk. Hongbin smiled at the sight of Hyuk sitting upon on of the large rocks near the stream, part of him being blocked by another rather large stone right next to him. As he quickened his pace to get to Hyuk as fast as possible, he stopped dead in his tracks. Right next to him was a figure that Hongbin had no way of seeing before going closer. It was the one person who Hongbin had grown to resent most in the world. Taekwoon hyung. 

   He sat there with a rather uh-taekwoon-like smirk upon his face, that portrayed the message, "see Hongbin, you were too late and now he is mine, all mine". At the small quirk of his mouth, Hongbin recoiled in shock, and made a rather unmanly sound from the back of his throat. Then he became angry, and suddenly there was a syringe in his hand and a voice began to speak within his mind.

   "Ah. So I see you found my book Hongbin, I'm proud! Someone as interested as me in their love has become as entranced as I had. Although I seem to be on the same path as me, let me give you a bit of advice to help you on your choice. That syringe in your hand now, is the last of the evolution serum that I made, there was so little to begin with" Hongbin looked down to see a rather menacing mettalic black liquid inside the tube connected to the needle. "Anyways, this serum here has the power to turn a human into a cyborg, and as im sure you have read, it shuts someone's heart, how should I phrase it, it shuts it off emotionally. See Hongbin, you could use this in two different ways, that will have extremely differing endings. See, the first option is do the obvious, and selfish thing. It is to inject the one standing in your way, make him stop reciprocating the love that the one you care about is giving him. It will stop his emotions for ever...or well, for the most part. The second option you have, is to inject yourself. To stop the pain that is increasingly getting worse every time you see your love. You could sacrifice your own happiness, for the happiness of others." Hongbin ' s eyes widened at the thought of injecting his Taekwoon hyung, and ending any sort of emotional feeling he ever could or would have in the future. And then he thought about if he could be strong enough to end his happiness for Hyuk's, and that was when he found his answer. He was ready to speak up when the voice suddenly continued on.

  "The only warning that I have, is that once you use the injection, you or he will never be the same, never care the same, you will even gain a different name altogether. Sort of like a whole new slate to restart your life, only there will be complications such as the fact that now that you are part machine, you need to be charged. Thankfully, the serum I developed will create microscopic solar panels in your skin so you will automatically charge when your "battery" becomes 10 percent. You are probably wondering what the "battery" is. It is the main reason why when someone is injected, their hearts stop feeling emotion. Your heart becomes the sole host of the cyborg battery and engine, leaving no room for other things such as love or compassion for others. Another risk, is that the transformation may not work altogether and the person injected will die. Sadly, I am unaware of any other sort of information to help guide you, and I hope you make the right choice." Suddenly the shape of a human began to materialize in front of Hongbin ' s dream form, completely blocking out Taekwoon and Hyuk's closeness. The shape became more human-like, and eventually Hongbin could make out a vague cape of the face, and it smiled warmly at him.

   "I hope you make a better choice than I did Lee Hongbin, but I'm sorry, its time to wake up now, or else Hakyeon hyung will become angry at your laziness. Also, remember to hide my books away, as what I did was technically illegal. Anyways, much luck to you in the near future, and this will be the first, and last time I talk to you as now I am free to leave as my job is done. Farewell Hongbin!" At that, the mysterious figure dissipated, and the dream started to fade from Hongbin ' s mind. How was Hongbin to make the right choice?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

 Hey guys!! I really hope that you liked Hongbin ' s dream, and that it gave you more information on what is going on. Please tell me in the comments, would you rather the serum be injected into Hongbin or Taekwoon? This won't really impact how the story goes, I would just like to know your opinion on the matter. Anyway, thanks to my wonderful readers expect another chapter or two come as my school went on break. Thanks again!!