Trial and Error

Unbreakable Bonds

Author's note:

   This is a chapter that can either be read after the last chapter, or read before because I feel like last chapter was crap and needed to be fixed. Btw, warning there is mention of violence and blood. Enjoy!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   Hongbin stared off into the distance, Hyuk's words repeating over and over again in his mind. What did you do Hongbin, what did you do? Hyuk's confused and hurt expression kept popping up in his mind after he had sent the boy away. Even if it had made his heart ache, Hongbin had made sure to avoid everyone the past couple of days, especially Hyuk, Leo being Hongbin's only connection to people. Even then, Leo wasn't Taekwoon anymore, and instead of getting short or rather wordless answers, Hongbin couldn't get anything out of him.

  Hongbin didn't know what to do. There were too many problems in his life right now, but at least the beef he had with Ken and Ravi seemed to have ended as the couple had gotten back together after he had seen Ken and Ravi basically clinging to each other on the couch in their living room. Thankfully, the couple hadn't been able to resist the love flowing between each other, and didn't blame Hongbin for anything anymore.

   Hongbin was about ready to give up. He had been trying everything and anything to fight off Leo, and get Taekwoon back to normal. He tried showing him pictures of him and N, happy together, but all he got was a blank stare from Leo, and then he had ripped the irreplaceable Polaroid photos to pieces, causing Hongbin to get extremely angry, and to hit him uncharacteristically. This lead to him breaking a bone in his hand, due to the fact that Taekwoon was a fricken robot underneath the flesh and skin.

   Next, Hongbin had tried playing any sort of movie that Taekwoon and N may have watched while they were dating, but that didn't help at all either, it just made Leo's battery fully run out, and thus lead to a full day lost to Leo having to charge in the sun.

   Finally, Hongbin tried to rip the chip out of Leo's brain, thinking he could somehow hardwire it to give memories back, or put in a virus that would end Leo's ability to control Taekwoon ' s body. He tried extremely hard, but to no avail. By now, Leo knew just how Hongbin had put the chip in in the first place, and the second he saw Hongbin Come into his new "room" with a knife and hammer, he had Hongbin pinned to a wall, grip so tight on his wrists that Hongbin felt something pop, thus leading to a dislocated wrist for the poor boy which he had to fix himself.

   The real trouble came, when Hongbin tried again to rip the chip out. He had made sure to keep the knife fully hidden, the hammer in his jeans, hooked onto his belt for easy access. He snuck up behind Leo, and had successfully cut into the back of his neck, paralyzing the body, but still the dark oil poured out, staining the floor beneath them. And that was when Hyuk couldn't stand missing Hongbin anymore and burst into the room.

   Hyuk gasped at the sight before him, and immediately knew that his suspicions of Hongbin, although he wanted them to be wrong were true. He knew instantly from the machine-like smell, that the dark substance coating the floor wasn't in fact blood, but some sort of mechanical lubricant. Hongbin immediately dropped the hammer and knife, and began slowly walking towards Hyuk, as if he were a frightened animal.

   "Now Hyukkie, there is nothing to be afraid of" Hongbin murmered, cautious eyes on the open door one hand stretching out in front of him, as if to calm the frightened boy. Ken had taken N out shopping to try and get his mind of off Taekwoon, but they had left Ravi, who was napping in another part of the house, and although he was a heavy sleeper, even he could be awoken from his slumber if Hyuk were to scream. And scream Hyuk did...or at least...he tried.

   As Hyuk panicked and took a breath to scream, Hongbin rushed him, slamming both the door closed, and Hyuk into a nearby wall, smothering his scream with his hand. Beneath him, Hyuk struggled, but to no avail. Hyuk may have been strong, but he wasn't developed enough due to his age to fight off Hongbin, who was way more fit than his slight frame let on. Hongbin, seeing as he was going to get nowhere with Hyuk in the panicked state he was, gritted his teeth, and slammed Hyuk's head into the wall behind him, trying to make it more of a stunning blow rather than to really hurt him.

   As Hyuk cried out, falling to the floor, gripping his head, Hongbin quickly ran to the room Leo was in, and grabbed the rope he knew was stashed in there ever since he had "created" Leo, in case of emergencies, and locked the door behind him. Grimacing at the awful sight of Hyuk crying in pain, and the slight blood that dripped down the back of his neck, Hongbin grabbed Hyuk's wrists, and carefully tied them behind his back making sure it was tight enough to limit movement, but not tight enough to cut off complete circulation. Then he grabbed Hyuk's ankles and repeated the process, and now noticing that Hyuk had fallen unconcious, grabbed his emergency medical kit to begin to clean the wound on his head, hoping to stop the bleeding.

   After he had stopped most of the more serious bleeding, Hongbin wrapped Hyuk's head with bandages, and dragged his body to the most comfortable chair he had in the room. He may have just done something terrible to Hyuk, but he didn't want Hyuk to suffer more than he already had, and even now, as he was binding Hyuk to the chair, he felt guilty, but...if he were to tell Hyuk the truth, he had to make sure Hyuk was calm, and wouldn't go running off and telling everyone.

   After his work was done, Hongbin looked at his Hyukkie, and felt awful. He couldn't believe he had done what he did to Hyuk, but he felt it was almost...the right thing to do. This way, he could lessen the weight upon his shoulders, and finally let someone else know the truth. And so, Hongbin dragged another chair over to where Hyuk sat, and waited for him to regain conciousness.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note: This is a make up chapter for the last one I posted because I feel it was crappy, so if you don't think the last one worked very well with the story, please disregard it, unless you feel it works with the plot. Anyway, thanks for reading!!! And it's okay, things will start to get better for Hyuk and Hongbin, I promise!!