Meeting the In-Laws

Rosy Cheeks and Einstein Hair (ON HIATUS)

Hey guys! Hope you like this chap. Sorry if it , it's sort of a filler, explaining some things. At least I think it might be... I had massive writing block this week.


 

After an hour of Jihoon just wandering around his house with no shirt on, in awe of everything he came across, Soonyoung had finally had enough. His boyfriend’s rapidly moving form was making him dizzy. He was currently lying on his bed, watching Jihoon pop up here and there all around his bedroom, asking questions about anything and everything. It was quite comical, really. And cute.

Soonyoung eventually just grabbed the small boy and pulled him onto the bed, trapping him. Soonyoung sighed at the stillness of the room and his head stopped spinning.

Jihoon huffed at his capture, but stayed still nonetheless, having satisfied his curiosity. ‘We seem to spend an awful lot of time on the bed.’

‘To anyone else, that’d sound dirty,’ Soonyoung giggled.

Jihoon pinched his arm, producing a sharp yelp. ‘Don’t get any ideas.’

‘Only when you want me to,’ Soonyoung mused.

That only earned him a slap on the thigh. A hard one.

‘It was just a joke!’ Soonyoung whined, resting his head on top of the other’s.

Jihoon shivered instead of replying. Man it was cold in here. Well, he wasn’t wearing a shirt, so that could have something to do with it. Soonyoung, upon noticing, soundlessly got up, picking the other up bridal style, something the other was unsure whether he should protest about. Soon they were both tucked up under the duvet, facing each other. Jihoon found it funny how Soonyoung ended up being almost exactly the same size as himself when he curled up into a little fluffy ball.

Jihoon was aware that it was only about two or three o’clock in the afternoon, but he suddenly felt like curling into a ball just like his boyfriend and drifting off to sleep. This didn’t go unnoticed.

Not uncurling from his ball, Soonyoung lifted his hand to brush away stray strands of pink hair from Jihoon’s face. ‘Baby, why don’t you sleep well? You told me last night in your sleep.’

He got no answer, causing him to take it further. ‘You’re always so tired. I thought it was just because you weren’t used to kissing, but it’s more than that, isn’t it?’

The pink haired boy finally answered after taking a deep breath, ‘It’s a sort of insomnia. Ever since the accident, I just can’t sleep until I’m absolutely exhausted.’

He wouldn’t meet Soonyoung’s eyes. ‘The doctors said it was due to the trauma of the accident, that I was likely to grow out of it, but it hasn’t changed for years.’

Soonyoung his cheek. ‘But the past couple of days you’ve slept like a baby?’

‘That was just ‘cause, like you said, that I wasn’t used to kissing, and I hadn’t slept for a three days before I met you on Friday night. Most nights I just grab a few hours’ sleep before I wake up in the early hours of the morning.’

He finally looked up into his boyfriend’s eyes, smiling gently. ‘But you know, on Saturday when you stayed over, I slept the whole night.’

He sounded like a proud child, which brought an amused smile to Soonyoung's face. 'I'm glad I have that effect on you.'

Jihoon's eyes were starting to close all on their own. 'Do you think you could sleep with me now? I'll sleep longer if you're here.'

Soonyoung pulled him into his arms, tucking the smaller boy's head under his own. 'Of course.'

And that's how Soonyoung ended up lying there, embracing his softly snoring boyfriend, for the next few hours. He didn't mind, it was comfortable and it was actually quite entertaining to listen to him sleep. His soft snores had somehow morphed into something akin to a purr. He also made random noises at times, either sounding like a whining puppy, or a what Soonyoung swore to be a wheezing duck.

It was around 4:30 that he decided to wake him up. For one thing, he was starting to get hungry, and for another, he was pretty sure he would cramp up if he stayed in this position for much longer.

He tried to wake him up by calling his name, and when that didn't work, he tried something that was guaranteed to work; he blew air in his face.

Rubbing his eyes sleepily, Jihoon yawned. 'What time is it?'

'4:37,' Soonyoung answered, checking his alarm clock.

He got up from the bed, smoothing out his rumpled shirt. 'You hungry?'

'Hmm?'

He sighed, seeing that his boyfriend wasn't quite awake yet. 'I'll order some fried chicken.'

He paused, watching for a reaction, and he was startled by the one he got.

Jihoon was half sitting up in bed, frozen. 'What time was it again?'

'4:37. Well, 4:40 now.'

'It's Monday, right?' Jihoon's voice was panicked.

'Yeah, what's wrong?' Soonyoung was looking at the small boy in concern.

'!'

'What...?'

Jihoon burst up from the bed, running around, trying to find his shirt, which he had forgotten was in the foyer thanks to his panic.

‘This scene seems oddly familiar,’ thought Soonyoung, remembering when Jisoo had announced his presence the day before and the panic that had ensued.

When Jihoon finally noticed his boyfriend just standing there like a dimwit, he snapped out a sentence that brought total and utter chaos within Soonyoung’s mind, ‘My brother’s supposed to come over tonight for dinner! We’re having fried chicken at 5:30!’

Why does it always have to be a rush with Jihoon?

He pulled his panicked boyfriend into a hug, hoping to calm him down. ‘Baby, you have plenty of time. I’ll drive you there, okay?’

Jihoon finally breathed and buried himself into Soonyoung’s chest. ‘Okay.’

Soonyoung kissed his cheek fondly and let him go, walking towards the bathroom. ‘I’m just gonna go change out of my uniform.’

‘Okay…’ Jihoon already missed the embrace.

He then went in search of something to drink, parched after his sleep. He walked downstairs, still trying to think about where he left his shirt. He entered the kitchen, still pondering, and didn’t notice the chair in his path until the last minute, when it was too late. He bowled into the chair, which in turn crashed into the nearby table, making it wobble dangerously. The vase tumbled onto him, it thankfully not being made of anything likely to break into very sharp, very painful, pieces. He was soaked, wet flowers littered on him and in his vicinity.

He sighed. ‘When I said I wanted a drink, that didn’t mean I wanted to be completely soaked.’

Oh, Jihoon and his eternal bad luck.

He was quite irritated when, after having tracked up the stair absolutely soaking wet, his boyfriend, who was now dressed in a casual pairing of a t-shirt and jeans, laughed in his face about his predicament.

Soonyoung could barely contain his laughter after seeing his boyfriend’s rather displeased face at his reaction. ‘You look like a wet kitten!’

There was murder in Jihoon’s eyes. ‘And you look like you’re about to become a punching bag.’

Soonyoung immediately stopped laughing.

It took all of three minutes for Jihoon to change out of his soaked pants (thankfully his underwear was fine) and throw on the clothes that Soonyoung had provided after searching through his drawers. The reason it took so long was because the pants he had been given were way too long; he had to roll them up so they rested around his upper shin area. Another reason was that he was reluctant to come out of the bathroom because he felt absolutely ridiculous in Soonyoung’s t-shirt, which almost slipped off his shoulders for it was also, way too big. It emphasized the marks on his neck and collarbone. He blushed at the taller boy’s gaze when he finally emerged from the bathroom because the other boy was looking at him in a way that made him feel all warm inside.

He raced out of the room, grasping the taller’s wrist. ‘Just shut up, and take me home.’

‘But I didn’t say anything?’

‘You don’t have to; I can see it written on your face.’

‘Wah, my boyfriend’s a mind reader as well as cute!’

‘Shut up.’

‘Wait, wouldn’t that be face reader? Hmm, that doesn’t sound as cool.’

‘Shut up.’

‘Which one do you like? Face reader or mind reader?’

Shut up.’

‘Well, mind reader sounds cooler so I’m gonna us-‘

He was promptly pushed up against a wall by his annoyed boyfriend, who proceeded to kiss him roughly, effectively “shutting him up”.

They didn’t speak after that.

-----------

Meeting Jihoon’s brother was possibly the most nerve-wracking experience in Soonyoung’s entire life. It was, in fact, technically meeting the in-laws, something Soonyoung had heard was quite the unpleasant experience if they didn’t like you. And Soonyoung was pretty sure Jihoon’s brother would not like the state of his neck. Maybe that wasn’t such a good idea after all.

That was why, when the doorbell rang just after they had arrived at Jihoon’s apartment themselves, Soonyoung panicked. He then took the liberty of positioning himself inconspicuously in a corner, hoping not for the first time in his life that he could fade into the wall like a chameleon.

Jihoon was panicking as well, yet put on a smiling facade as he opened the door. It melted when he saw not just his brother, his green haired brother, standing in the doorway, his friends were there too. Oh no.

Yoongi opened his arms wide, his gummy smile brightening the small boy’s rapidly darkening mood. ‘Come and give your big bro a hug.’

Jihoon complied and almost felt relaxed as his brother patted his head fondly; they hadn’t seen each other in a while. Namjoon was the next to enter, giving him and awkward hug as he was holding a bulky plastic bag full of fried chicken and packaged food, and was then closely followed by his boyfriend, Jin. Jin was oldest of the group and had a rather motherly feel to him, quite like someone else in Jihoon’s life. His motherly vibe was probably due to the fact he had to watch over a bunch adult children who did not know the meaning of “not getting in trouble”. Jin gave him a warm hug and smiled his movie star smile that never failed to make him look like one of those cheesy, handsome actors. Well, except when it was the worn out version that made him look like a middle aged housewife. Jimin came next, giving him a short hug. Jimin was Yoongi’s boyfriend, so he was the only one he was actually expecting to come apart from his brother. He was a nice guy and gave nice hugs, so Jihoon was quite fond of him even if he was a bit full on at times. Actually, he was only so full on when he hung out with a certain person, who had just burst through the door. Taehyung was a year older than Jihoon but never failed to make him think of an overexcited child, such as now, when he enveloped him in a bear hug, nearly squishing him. Hoseok was next, giving him a hug much like Taehyung’s, but was not nearly as crushing.

Jungkook, Taehyung’s boyfriend, was last, merely giving him a pat on the shoulder and a nod of the head. ‘Hey, hyung.’

Why does that kid have to be so, so… cool? And so bloody tall.

Jihoon’s panic bubbled up to the surface again when he glanced at his boyfriend, who despite being in a corner, was certainly not inconspicuous. It was a miracle someone hadn’t seen him yet.

In an attempt to slow the impending disaster, he asked something that hopefully had a long answer, ‘So, why are all you guys here? I thought it was just gonna be Yoongi hyung and Jimin hyung?’

‘It was,’ Yoongi flopped down on the couch, ‘but the guys heard about tonight and wanted to see you.’

Jimin sat down next to him, or rather, sat on his lap, or half on his lap. It was a difficult position to explain but they did it often enough that Jihoon had taken to calling it “the Yoongi Jimin position”. Well, in his head anyway. It’d sound a bit weird out loud.

Soon enough Yoongi’s arm was around his boyfriend’s shoulders, continuing to explain, ‘And Jin hyung wanted to drop off some food he made for you.’

Jihoon was still watching Soonyoung out of the corner of his eye. ‘That’s… nice.’

Namjoon waved a hand in front of his face. ‘You okay, Jihoon?’

And that caused everyone to start looking at him more closely, which was ultimately his downfall.

Jin had noticed the marks on his neck. ‘Jihoon, what are those on your neck?’

Oh no. Oh ing no.

Yoongi rose from his position on the couch, his eyes narrowed. ‘And why are you wearing those clothes? I don’t remember you ever have clothes so big.’

No ing way. He was in the . Deep in the .

Jungkook then said the worst possible thing he could’ve done.

‘Hyung, I’ve been meaning to ask, but why is there a boy hiding in the corner?’ he said, gesturing towards Soonyoung, who had a look of absolute terror on his face.

*That’s when hit the fan.


* "Everything went wrong"

Did you like the chapter? Comment and subscribe! Thanks for reading.