Love Equals Cat-Naps

Rosy Cheeks and Einstein Hair (ON HIATUS)

Hello! Hope you like! I might update early or late next week because of a school trip so don't worry if I don't update.


 

Jihoon managed to make it to Friday with little fuss. No one questioned his decision to head to the changing rooms early, the more-than-friendly stares had become less in number, and Soonyoung had continued to stay at his place, ensuring that Jihoon's insomnia didn't return.

About that, he'd rang his doctor, and after much embarrassing talk about finally getting a boyfriend, he got a reasonable reply as to why he was sleeping when he hadn't in years. Google didn't really help him the first time he researched.

To put it simply, Soonyoung was supposedly acting as a sort of anchor for him. The calming effect his boyfriend had on him was enabling him to fall asleep and stay asleep.

So, in other words, Soonyoung was like a teddy bear. And, upon hearing this, he changed his contact name on Jihoon's phone to "My y Teddy Bear". Jihoon wasn't sure if he thought it was better than the last one. Well, Soonyoung seemed happy.

Friday morning served as a sort of relief to him; the "scary dude", as he had dubbed him, hadn't shown up to homeroom. Jihoon did know his name, Soonyoung having made sure of that. Kim Seojoon, that was his name. The very mention of it sent slight shivers down his spine.

The reason for this was that he had kept up his little staring routine the whole week, not speaking a single word. Jihoon had come to realise that his eyes weren't empty, he just never let his feelings show other than the faint smirks he sent in Jihoon's direction. It didn't make him any less freaked out. Everyone else in the school had gradually stopped staring at him, barely glancing as he walked by, so why was this guy so intent on him.

Shaking his head, he pushed the boy from his thoughts, instead focusing on getting up from his desk. He walked from the room, making his way to the changing rooms. No one called him out on it, so he took advantage of the chance to get changed unseen. Apparently, Soonyoung had sorted out some kind of arrangement which would allow him to leave class early, knowing that he didn't want to reveal his scars to the school. He was starting to see how much influence Soonyoung had over the teachers.

He was so deep in thought that he didn’t hear the faint sounds of heavy breathing and small, probably unintentional gasps emitting from the changing rooms. He walked straight in, only to stand there stupefied by the scene in front of him.

Said scene involved “scary dude” pushing a boy, who looked to be a first year, up against the tall, person sized lockers that were way too clean for a boys’ high school. Okay, so the whole pushing-up-against thing wasn’t what horrified him, it was what was happening during the whole pushing-up-against thing that horrified him. In his entire life Jihoon had never seen an actual, make out type kiss before. Well, apart from the time him and Soonyoung made out in front of the mirror on Wednesday but that didn’t count.

That was why, when he saw “scary dude” pining the smaller, younger boy to the locker with his tongue shoved down his throat and hand up his shirt, he just stood there, watching it happen. He realised a moment later that the first year’s pants were undone, falling down to rest somewhere near his mid-thigh area, exposing some very manly Star Wars boxers. “Scary dude” proceeded to the first year's shirt, revealing a whole lot of skin, which he then started to kiss, all over. Slowly, he made his way downwards, until he reached the Star Wars boxers. The first year whined when he pulled away so moving from his crouching position to that of kneeling.

Jihoon finally snapped when he realised what the boy was about to do next. He had grabbed hold of the boxers, carefully and painfully slowly pulling them downwards; it was obvious what he intended to do next, even to a novice like Jihoon. The worst thing though? In the middle of doing this, the boy had turned his eye sideways, capturing Jihoon in his line of sight. When he didn’t look surprised, Jihoon came to a horrifying conclusion; the boy had known he was there all along.

Jihoon’s body unfroze as he realised that he was . He only recognised the growing feeling in his gut because of a few very embarrassing times during puberty. It scared him.

So Jihoon did the only thing he could, he ran. He ran past everything in his path, even his boyfriend. He didn't notice that he was being followed as he ran up the stairs to the roof, the only place he could think to go. Once there, he huddled himself in an appreciate corner and brought his knees up towards his chest, trying to stop the growing tightness of his pants. Jihoon didn't like feeling this way.

He didn't react when Soonyoung kneeled in front of him, unaware of what was wrong.

Soonyoung gently brought his hand up to his cheek in what he hoped was a calming way. 'Baby, are you okay?'

Jihoon simply shook his head, too scared to open his mouth.

Soonyoung shuffled closer. 'Is it about the stares again?'

Another shake of the head.

'Then what is it, baby? I want to help you.'

Jihoon released all the words in one go, 'I went to the changing rooms and t-the guy from homeroom, h-he was there, k-k-kissing a first year. Then h-he took the first year's s-shirt off a-and d-did stuff. H-he was gonna g-give him a b-b-b-.'

He was silent for a second before continuing, 'A-and I liked it.'

He said it like it was the worst thing to say in the world. 'I don't know why.'

Soonyoung was calm as he sat down, crossing his legs. 'Jihoon, have you ever watched before?'

'No.'

Why was he not surprised?

'Well, what they were doing was just like , it arouses you, even if you don't want it to. It's alright to feel that way, it's a natural reaction.'

Jihoon didn't look convinced. 'B-but isn't it gr-gross?'

Soonyoung looked at him straight on. 'No, it's not. It's totally fine.'

He had known when he started dating Jihoon that he was inexperienced; he didn't mind. But he had no idea that the boy didn't actually know how to deal with things like this; he just assumed that he knew this stuff, as most boys their age did. He'd never make that mistake again.

He was brought out of his thoughts by Jihoon, who was blushing madly. 'Um, Soonyoung?'

'Yes?'

'I'm, uh, still, uh... you know.'

'Oh.'

'How do I stop it?'

Overcoming his embarrassment, Soonyoung shuffled so he was beside the smaller boy, putting an arm around him. 'You can't, it'll just go away on its own.'

'That's not fair.'

'Nah, it's not.' Soonyoung kissed his forehead.

'You still like me?'

'Of course, baby.'

Jihoon was still flushed, but he made the effort to kiss Soonyoung's cheek.

'Soonyoung?'

'Yeah?'

'I love you.'

It took Soonyoung a moment to process the three little words Jihoon had said. Then he grinned like a maniac.

'I love you too.'

Jihoon felt himself be overcome by shyness, making him slightly more comfortable, as he was smothered in feathery light kisses.

In between kisses, Soonyoung voiced his thought, 'I never thought you'd be the one to say it first.'

He kissed him again, the smaller boy finally relaxing. 'Neither did I.'

A moment of silence, then Jihoon untucked his legs from under his chin, his problem finally having resolved itself. ‘Is it weird to say “I love you” after only two weeks of dating?’

‘Not necessarily.’ Soonyoung gently tugged at his boyfriend’s waist, urging him to sit on his lap.

Jihoon shuffled onto his lap, feeling more relaxed as every second passed. Soonyoung had that effect on him. ‘Because it took Jimin and Yoongi a long time to say “I love you” to each other.’

‘Well, your brother doesn’t really seem like an easily affectionate person, it would’ve just took a while for him to get comfortable with the idea.’

Soonyoung almost shivered at the thought of the second time he’d met Yoongi. It had been the day after their first meeting and this time only Yoongi and Jimin showed up; the rest were apparently busy. Yoongi wasn’t angry anymore, but when he just calmly stared at him, Soonyoung found him even more frightening. Jimin, on the other hand, was a literal ball of sunshine. He chattered about almost everything and was as likable as he was friendly. It was actually kind of unimaginable for the two to actually be dating; they were so different.

He realised he had zoned out when Jihoon pinched his wrist. ‘Are you listening?’

‘Sorry, just thinking.’ He nuzzled his nose into Jihoon’s neck in apology.

Jihoon huffed in that cute way he does and stayed silent, resigning himself to playing with Soonyoung’s fingers. That seemed to be a habit for him.

‘Do you wanna go to class?’ Soonyoung kissed the top of his pink haired head.

‘Do we have to?’ Jihoon immediately whined.

‘Nah, we can just stay here.’

‘That sounds nice.’

The smaller boy leaned back into his boyfriend’s embrace, wanting nothing more than to stay there for a very, very long time. Love felt so nice, especially when it meant he could skip class and cuddle on a rooftop. Maybe even have some cat-naps too. Yeah, that sounded nice. Before he knew it, he was asleep and his boyfriend, not far off it himself, took some sneaky selfies and set a particularly cute one as his phone wallpaper.

Soonyoung settled against the wall so he could rest Jihoon’s head against his shoulder more comfortably. Once this was done, he wrapped his arms around him once again and used his hoodie as a pillow up against the wall.

Carefully so the boy wouldn’t wake up, he breathed into his ear, whispering, ‘I love you.’

Yup, he was cheesy, but he cared and that’s all that mattered.


So guys! How'd ya like it? As for "scary dude" if any of you can come up with a better name than Kim Seojoon, I'll change it later. Also, my no- policy is still on, just references. Comment please! Sub if you want to! Vote at your leisure! God, I sound like one of those hotel salesmen.