Massive Hiding

Rosy Cheeks and Einstein Hair (ON HIATUS)

Hey guys! I'm back!! Been working on this chapter for ages but exams are finally over and I'm home freeeeeeee!

*hiding* - basically getting beat up


Jihoon wakes to the sound of whispered threats in the form of some pretty graphic swearing. He could only recognise the voice as his very own brother’s, who had an infamously bad mouth. The next thing Jihoon realised was that his head felt like complete and utter . It was pounding as though some random giant hand stomped on his with their giant, smelly foot. And Yoongi’s voice was sure as hell not helping. Before he could even open his eyes a groan emerged from his unbearably dry lips as another wave of pain hit. The swearing didn’t stop and Jihoon heard a not-so-whispered retort being said. It was now apparent who had Yoongi so worked up; why did it always have to be Taehyung?

Jihoon’s eyes fluttered open as his voice emerged, scratchy but threatening all the same, ‘I swear to god, if you guys don’t shut up someone’s going to shove something very painful up your asses.’

‘JIHOON!’ Waves of pain spiralled through his brain at the synchronised shout.

He wasn’t happy. ‘Violently.

His vision was overwhelmed by colour as faces swarmed around him. Green, orange, and… and… yellow? Why was Namjoon wearing a minion outfit with wire glasses?

‘Why do you guys have to be so ing bright?’ Jihoon growled, eyes stinging.

‘Whatever, Mr Psychotic Yoongi Junior. Glad to see you’re still kicking,’ Jungkook drawled, looking unimpressed as Taehyung hung off his shoulder, looking like a giant toddler.

‘Bugger off, you .’ Jihoon had no time for Jungkook’s sass at the moment.

He tried to bring his arm to rub his head, wincing when it throbbed painfully. ‘F**k!’

Namjoon, who usually looked absolutely clueless, had an annoyingly knowing look on his face, made even more ridiculous by his wire-framed round glasses. ‘I wouldn’t recommend moving that, it’s fractured.’

‘And you can shut your trap too, Harry Potter wannabe!’ Jihoon was searching through his jumbled mind; how in the hell had he fractured his arm?

No, scratch that. It was his wrist, judging by the fact that the pain was emitting from his right wrist.

Namjoon kept the annoying expression, not even offended by the younger boy’s blatant disrespect. ‘Just so you know, I’m only this nice ‘cause you’re in hospital. If this were any other place you’d be getting a massive hiding*.’

Jihoon really didn’t care at that moment, his head was throbbing again. ‘Yeah right, Jin hyung would throttle me before you would.’

Yoongi came back into his line of sight and he suddenly experienced some major tunnel vision. The expression in his brother’s face was exactly the same as that one time Jihoon had messed around with his recording equipment when he was little. Oh .

‘You, my idiotic little of a brother,’ Yoongi was speaking in that quiet voice he used when he told Taehyung to “ off or be prepared to die”, ‘and me are going to have a little talk.’

The whimper that emitted from Jihoon’s mouth was hardly dignified as everyone left the room, including Jimin, who was the only one he trusted to calm Yoongi down once he got into one of his moods. He sent him a pleading look, but the older boy simply gave him a pitying smile. Even Jimin, sweet, sweet Jimin, wasn’t going to help him out of this one.

What the hell had happened anyway?!

It was then he had the long-coming lightbulb moment. ‘I’m in hospital?!’

‘No ,’ Yoongi looked sleep deprived, making him look even more like the spawn of Satan. All that was missing was fangs and a tail.

The younger boy finally took in his surroundings. He was in a generic hospital room, no doubt private only because of his brother’s insistance. There were chippy bags spread all about the room, a remnant of BTS’ occupation, and he was disgusted when he looked down and saw the bright pink cast adorning his arm. He groaned; of all colours, pink? Yeah, he’d had his hair dyed pink but it wasn’t f**king fuchsia.

‘Yeah, mate, you’re stuck with that for two weeks or more. You’ve got a greenstick fracture on your wrist,’ a brief moment of amusement crossed his older brother’s face, ‘I was the one that picked it out. Punishment enough, don’t ya reckon?’

A dark look replaced it almost immediately. ‘You’re lucky that’s all it was.’

‘I did it again, didn’t I?’

‘Damn right you did.’ Yoongi was stone, his gaze like ice, ‘Soonyoung doesn’t even know about your pills so I assume that you haven’t been taking them, right?’

‘You how they make me feel, hyung. I feel like a complete zombie, and just so you know, I don’t particularly enjoy the feeling of being a depressed invalid.’

Wait a second…

‘Where the hell is Soonyoung?!’ He had literally forgotten he had a boyfriend until then.

‘Don’t worry, your wimp of a boyfriend’s knocked out in the next room on a drip. He went into shock or something after throwing up all over Jimin’s shoes when we found you.’ Yoongi almost seemed amused for a moment.

‘Did I get all the way to the river this time?’ Satisfied at his boyfriend’s condition for the time being, Jihoon was curious.

‘Yup, you rolled down the hill again and everything. Shame it didn’t knock some bloody sense into you the last time.’ The older boy was lazing in the chair, seemingly calm.

‘Glad to know you care.’

Yoongi rocketed forwards from his position, eyes livid. ‘Of course I fricking care, you’re my little brother.’

‘The physiatrist said that as soon as the nightmares come back you have to go back on your pills.’ His voice had an edge to it, ‘Last time you broke your leg! The time before you had a concussion and you’re lucky you didn’t get one this time! I don’t care if you feel like a zombie when you’re on the pills, at least you’d be alive!’

Unused to seeing his brother so outspokenly loud, Jihoon did the only thing he could think of; attempt escape.

He only just realised he was still wearing his pyjamas when his bare feet hit the floor. He filched at the sudden change in temperature but persevered in getting to the door, Yoongi hot on his tail.

‘MOVE ERS!’ He nearly bowled into the rest of Yoongi’s group, quickly ducking when Namjoon, quick-witted as ever, made to grab him. He missed, and no other was fast enough to catch him.

Jihoon really had no idea what room Soonyoung was in, but right then that's where he wanted to be.

Turns out he got lucky, because the first room he bobbed his head into happened to be housing a particular blue haired boy that he hoped would be his protector in this situation.

But no, Soonyoung was peacefully lying down on a hospital bed, sleeping with a drip in his arm.

Well, he probably wouldn't be that good of a protector anyway.

And so, Jihoon faced the wrath of his brother alone, the pink cast only highlighting the absurdity of the situation. Isn’t the patient usually supposed to be taken care of, not chased around by his terrifying older brother?

Well whatever, it’s not like his life was all that normal anyway.

That’s what he kept telling himself as his brother gave him a massive mental hiding*.

Meanwhile, Soonyoung was still passed out, probably dreaming of My Little Pony and Sugar, spice and everything nice.


So guys tell me what you think! I felt really sorry when I left that big cliffhanger last chapter and you guys were commenting.