A Walking Fruit Tree

Rosy Cheeks and Einstein Hair (ON HIATUS)

The whole pacing/scheduling myself seems to be working out. Before, I'd write a chap a month, but setting a time period for myself has got me doing one a week. I'm quite happy with myself. Hope you like the chap!


 

‘Do they fit?’ Jihoon called out to the bathroom.

‘Yeah, your brother’s almost exactly the same size as me,’ Soonyoung called back, his voice muffled by the bathroom door.

Jisoo had left half an hour earlier and Soonyoung had decided to take a shower. Jihoon had picked out some of his brother’s old clothes for him to wear since his clothes would be too small and he didn’t want to leave his boyfriend wearing the clothes he slept in.

Soonyoung strolled into the bedroom a few moments later, wearing an old, blue flannel shirt, a white t-shirt and some worn down jeans, hopping onto the bed beside him. They seemed to be spending a lot of time on his bed. Whatever, it was comfier than the couch.

Instinctively, Soonyoung quickly pulled Jihoon into an embrace, ‘You know, Jisoo hyung told me about school.’

He said it casually, trying to keep his boyfriend from becoming tense, but ultimately failed, the boy frozen in his arms.

Jihoon changed the subject, ‘You smell really nice.’

Soonyoung laughed, seeing his tactic, but replying anyway. ‘Yeah, but that’s only because of your shampoo. I knew there was a reason you smelled so nice at the club, not just you having a natural banana-strawberry-ish scent.’

Jihoon gave him a weird look. ‘Of course I don’t naturally smell like that, I’m not a walking fruit tree.’

‘Your hair would disagree with that.’

‘Shut up, it was a dare last month and I ended up suiting it, so I just stuck with it.’

‘I’m glad you did, it’s so cute!’ Soonyoung said, pinching his boyfriend’s cheeks like an auntie you haven’t seen for a while at one of those dreaded family gatherings.

His boyfriend pushed his hands away, suddenly threatening. ‘Do that again, and you’ll get it!’

Soonyoung didn’t particularly want to know what “it” was, so he withdrew his hands, but kept them around the smaller’s waist. He positioned Jihoon with his back to his front, the small boy not complaining, and nuzzling into his neck.

His breath was hot as it brushed against Jihoon’s skin as well as his rapidly reddening ear. ‘I could do something about school if you want.’

‘What could you possibly do? It’s not as if you go there,’ Jihoon was as sceptical as Soonyoung expected.

‘Well, my family does own your school.’

‘Oh, right! I forgot you were rich as hell.’

‘Probably not that rich, maybe just half-way-to-hell-kinda-rich, if that makes sense?’

‘Not really, but I get ya.’

'Yeah, you're probably one the only people that do get me. Most people think I must be some stuck up pompous , and so they treat me like I am. I don't think I'm better than anyone else, I just have more money than most 'cause my parents are rich.'

He looked at the back of Jihoon's head, wishing he could see his face, but not wanting to move. 'But you just treat me like a normal person, and I'm really thankful that you do. All the other boyfriends I've had turned out to be in it for the money, they didn't even like me.'

Jihoon was silent during this confession, and stayed that way as he continued, 'And that's why I'm willing to do anything to make you happy, even if it means using my parent's positions.'

There was only silence after he finished, so he broke it, ‘I could transfer you to my school.’

Jihoon turned to face Soonyoung, his suggestion triggering a reaction. ‘Really? But I don’t want to make my brother to have to pay more school fees, and my friends… I don’t wanna leave them, even if the school is ty.’

‘I can get you and your friends scholarships, so your brother wouldn’t have to pay for anything,’ Soonyoung assured him, smiling hopefully.

‘I’d have to ask my friends and my brother,’ Jihoon shyly said, ‘but it would be nice to see you at school every day.’

Soonyoung grinned and excitedly kissed his boyfriend on the cheek. ‘So that means you want to!’

‘Yeah, yeah. I’ll talk to my friends at school tomorrow,’ Jihoon was excited too, but he didn’t let it show, wanting to look cool.

He failed, Soonyoung picking up his excitement and continuing to smother him in kisses, only stopping when he was pushed down on the bed by his rather annoyed, and very ruffled boyfriend.

It took a moment for Jihoon to realise he was actually straddling him. 'Oh...'

There was a smirk growing on Soonyoung's face. 'Oh, not so brave now, are we?'

And so, their positions were quickly switched, and now Jihoon was being straddled by Soonyoung.

Jihoon could feel his ears rapidly starting to burn, but he tried to stare at the other straight on, trying to seem tough. That all broke when Soonyoung started slowly leaning down, his hands pinning Jihoon’s shoulders to the bed. Jihoon was about to get a taste of the more… forceful side of his boyfriend.

It started out as a slow, tender kiss, with Soonyoung being mindful of the rather inexperienced boy Jihoon was. He was still caught up by the fact that even though they had a heated, topless make out session just a few hours before, Jihoon was still acting like a bashful 15-year-old. It was almost like whatever progress they would make in this relationship; the smaller boy would always be shy about it just a while later. Soonyoung certainly hoped not, he didn’t think he could handle being the one to initiate kisses most of the time, even if he was naturally affectionate. Besides, he liked it when the strong side of Jihoon shone through his timid exterior, it was hot.

The kiss was deepened as Jihoon latched onto the back of Soonyoung’s neck and his lower back, the smaller obviously enjoying the kiss, judging by the moans emitting from his mouth that Sonnyoung doubted he was even aware of. He could feel the smaller struggling underneath him, and he soon tapped his thighs as a sign of “move”, so Soonyoung stopped straddling him and let the smaller take over. Jihoon immediately pushed the taller boy beneath him, resuming their kiss and was pleasantly surprised when the other boy’s hands started making their way under his shirt.

However, after a fair amount of them basically eating each other, Jihoon collapsed on top of Soonyoung’s chest, exhausted.

Soonyoung smiled, the other’s hair. ‘You know; this always seems to end with you getting tired.’

‘I can’t help it,’ Jihoon had to take another long breath, ‘if I’m not used to this.’

‘I know, baby. I’m happy just lying here like this,’ Soonyoung planted a chaste kiss on Jihoon’s forehead, seeing as his lips were so swollen.

Another breathless sentence emerged, ‘Baby? Where’d that come from?’

‘I don’t know; it just came out. You don’t like it?’ Soonyoung was afraid he’d stuck his foot in it, so to speak.

‘Nah, it’s just a bit weird, that’s all. At least it wasn’t sweetie, I’d never be able to kiss you again without seeing my friends’ mums.’

They both laughed, and Soonyoung circled his arms around the boy, shifting him so only his head was resting on his chest, not his full weight. The boy yawned, somehow resembling a kitten, and Soonyoung looked at the clock on the dressing table; it was late. Somehow all that time had passed without them noticing. He got up, much to the protest of Jihoon, who wanted to cuddle more, and pulled him up.

Holding the wavering boy up, he asked, ‘Do you need pyjamas?’

Jihoon nodded, his eyes barely open. ‘There’s an old shirt of Mingyu’s that I use as jammies in the top drawer.’

Soonyoung had no idea who Mingyu was, but he still made his way over the dresser, thinking about Jihoon’s cute word choices. Like, who says jammies? He opened the top drawer and spotted a t-shirt way too big to be Jihoon’s; this Mingyu person must be quite tall. He turned back to find Jihoon undressing himself, seemingly completely unaware that Soonyoung was there, or maybe he was just too tired to care. Seriously, did this kid get enough sleep?

The boy had stripped down to his boxers, and was waiting for Soonyoung to bring the shirt over. Soonyoung pulled the shirt over the smaller’s head and helped him put his arms through like he would a child. The shirt went down to his knees, making him almost unbelievably adorable, as Soonyoung noticed as he helped him into bed.

He tucked him in, and asked a question almost to himself, ‘Why are you always so tired?’

He received an answer, startling him, ‘I don’t sleep well.’

When he saw no other sign that the boy was awake, he concluded that the boy was probably semi-aware, thinking it was just a dream. ‘You should.’

The only answer this time was soft, purr-like snores.

Sighing, Soonyoung gathered his stuff and was just about to shut the light off and leave when he had an idea. He left five minutes later, but not without a newly added number on his phone and a contact photo of his sleeping boyfriend. He’d borrowed Jihoon’s phone and added his own number as well as taken a snap of himself as a contact photo.

Oh the joys of being a boyfriend. A rather cheesy, needy boyfriend, but a boyfriend nonetheless.


Did you like the chap? How do you like the characters? Comment your thoughts. Is this story going too slow, my friend (an aivd fanfic reader) said that unless the story has in it, it should be slow. I have no intention of writing , for various reasons, but is my pacing good? I'd like to get some feedback on my kiss scenes, if anyone actually reads these AN's. Bye and thank you for reading!