Fresh Meat

Rosy Cheeks and Einstein Hair (ON HIATUS)

I think I may have overcrowded myself with characters so some of them might not show up all that often. Do I use commas too often? Also, I had a bunch of homework this weekend, some of it impossible to do because my teacher hasn’t bloody taught us it yet! I hate Bio! Actually, I actually just don't like school in general...


 

‘Come on, Jihoon! Stop being a baby!’

‘I am not being a baby!’

‘It really seems like it right now! Get out of the damn car!’

Jihoon and Soonyoung were currently engaged in a battle to get Jihoon out of the car. The small boy was in his new uniform, Soonyoung’s car parked outside of the school, and yet, he refused to vacate the car. The blonde boy had the car door open, and after a few tense moments, he had succeeded in unbuckling the smaller boy’s seatbelt for him. He now had his foot propped up against the car door, using it as leverage as he tried to pull the unwavering boy out of the car.

Needless to say, they were causing quite the scene.

Soonyoung was desperate, he didn't want another gossip article with his name on it. 'Jihoon, please!'

The boy had his arms firmly folded. 'I don't wanna go to school.'

He really was being difficult. 'But we're already at school.'

'Not until I'm out of this car we're not.'

Soonyoung gave up. 'I'll do anything you say, just get out of the car.'

A slow, deadly smile spread across Jihoon's face. 'Anything?'

'Okay,' he said, happily jumping out of the car.

'Wait, he did not just-' Soonyoung realised, 'oh, he did.'

Dread began to form in the pit of his stomach as he was pulled by the thumb towards the school. 'You tricked me!'

Jihoon didn't seem the least bit concerned by this accusation. 'No, I really didn't want to go to school, but the chance to tell you to do anything I want any time I want was just such a tempting prospect.'

Soonyoung could feel the stares of the entire courtyard as he was being dragged along. 'So, in other words, you tricked me?'

'Exactly,' Jihoon was too caught up in his feelings to notice the stares, and Soonyoung wanted to keep that way.

He picked up his pace, resting an arm over the small boy's shoulder. 'You really do look good in that uniform.'

The other boy fondly leaned sideways to be closer to him. 'That's what you said yesterday, when you jumped me in the changing rooms.'

Soonyoung leaned into whisper in his ear. 'Want me to do it again? Because I know quite a few private places if you do.'

The boy's ears turned red. 'Maybe later.'

They were halfway through the hallway when Jihoon finally noticed all the stares he was getting. Along with the very expensive building he was in.

He was quite tempted to bury himself in Soonyoung's arm, embarrassed. 'They're all staring at me.'

Once again, the taller boy whispered in his ear. 'It's 'cause you're gorgeous.'

Jihoon was already blushing when he said even quieter, 'But it shouldn't matter to them, because you're mine.'

Jihoon was then reduced to a red, shivering mess, holding onto Soonyoung's blazer for dear life. 'Y-you don't have to s-say that in the middle of the h-hallway.'

'Yes, I did,' Soonyoung was looking at the people all around, who were blatantly staring at them.

Heck, he even spotted some of the teachers sneaking peeks. Not that he blamed them.

Soonyoung was just about to start teasing the small boy again when the always smiling Head Boy, Kim Hyunki, walked toward them. He'd always been kinda creeped out by the guy, his eyes permanently crinkled in a fake smile behind his glasses. He was part of one of the most influential families in the entire country, meaning that he was basically given the position he was in. Hyunki’s cousin, however, was a different matter.

Soonyoung's hand tightened as the student in front of them stared at Jihoon, fake smile not breaking. 'Hello, you must be Lee Jihoon, one of the new students.'

He didn't reach out his hand for a handshake, something he often did. This change in behaviour only made Soonyoung more on edge as Jihoon nodded, the rosy blush finally leaving his cheeks.

'Well, if you'll just come with me, I'll show to the board room where all the other transfers are,' Hyunki gestured down the hallway, obviously meaning that Jihoon was the only one welcome.

But Soonyoung didn’t particularly want to let Jihoon go. ‘Yup, let’s go.’

‘I was only meaning for Mr Le-‘ Hyunki had this weird habit of calling people the same age as him with a title.

‘I said, let’s go,’ Soonyoung started off down the hall, Jihoon still securely tucked into his side.

Hyunki just had to go with it, he didn’t want to make a scene. Yet he was still wearing that creepy fake smile that didn’t reach his eyes.

Soonyoung didn’t often go into the board room, the place where the student council met, for various reasons. He thought they were all pompous asses for one, and secondly, too bloody self-important for their own good. There were many more of these reasons, most of them related to the fact he couldn’t stand the lot of them, and he got the feeling they didn’t like him that much either.

He opened the door to see some nervous looking teenagers sitting in the in the very comfortable desk chairs one of the student council member’s parents made a generous donation for. He was rather regretful when Jihoon was pulled out of his grip by one rather worked up boy, who he vaguely remembered as the loud, outspoken one named Seungkwan.

Seungkwan was shaking Jihoon back and forth like no tomorrow, probably not taking into account that this was a very dizzying experience. ‘Did you see the size of those bloody lockers, hyung?! You could fit two people in them! And the hallways, are they made of marble?! When I first saw them, I was like, are you ting me?! Marble hallways?!’

An awkward moment occurred when he realised that the Head Boy was standing right behind them.

‘Uh, hi…’ he shuffled back into his seat, waving awkwardly.

Minghao seemed to be unaffected by this awkwardness, a talent that Jihoon wished he possessed.

He waved enthusiastically. ‘Hi Jihoonie hyung’s boyfriend!’

Soonyoung waved back, suddenly realising why Jihoon went on and on about how so undeniably cute his friend was. It was almost enough to make him jealous.

A kid who he assumed was Chan from the description Jihoon had given him, the kid totally obsessed with Michael Jackson, followed in his friend’s footsteps, waving at him. ‘Thanks for the uniforms!’

Oh, he hadn’t told Jihoon about that.

‘You bought them uniforms?’ Jihoon’s eyebrows were furrowed.

Mingyu, who Soonyoung recognised from his height, piped in. ‘He didn’t just buy them; he sent people round to our houses to measure us and then sent them off for uniforms!’

The look Jihoon then gave Soonyoung was hard to decipher, but overall, he hoped it just meant “thanks”. If not, then it probably just meant “why didn’t you tell me, you little ”. Oh what a lovely boyfriend he had.

Hyunki moved so he was standing at the head of the table. ‘Okay, everyone take a seat and I’ll begin.’

He looked pointedly at Jihoon and Soonyoung, the only two standing, so they hurriedly plopped down in the nearest seats.

Hyunki passed out a piece of paper to each of the boys apart from Soonyoung before taking a seat himself. ‘These are your timetables.’

He continued to talk, but Soonyoung completely ignored him as he took the sheet of paper from Jihoon, wanting to know if they had any classes together. He smiled to himself when he saw that they shared a few classes, which made up for the fact that they didn’t share a homeroom.

He successfully distracted Jihoon by whispering sneakily into his ear. ‘We’ve got Maths and Korean together. Our study period’s the same too.’

Unfortunately, Jihoon couldn’t help giggling at his statement, as his boyfriend’s giddy tone was actually quite funny.

This caught the attention of Hyunki. ‘Are we boring you, Mr Lee?’

Jihoon quickly shook his head, while Soonyoung simply replied, ‘Yes,’ shocking everyone in the room.

Hyunki’s eyes narrowed at his blatant statement, but moved on with his little speech, ‘As I was sayi-‘

Soonyoung zoned out again as he continued to stare at Jihoon’s timetable, only to move his gaze to towards the boy himself when he saw something surprising. ‘You take music?’

This was once again whispered into the other’s ear, who in turn did the same to answer. ‘I did an online thing they sent me about preferred subjects while you were in the shower.’

Soonyoung set the timetable down on the table, starting to play with his boyfriend’s fingers. ‘I take dance.’

‘Well, I could’ve guessed that.’

‘What do you do? Sing, play instruments?’

Jihoon blushed in embarrassment. ‘I sing and play the guitar and piano a little.’

‘You’ll have to sing for me sometime,’ Soonyoung breathed onto his cheek, tickling him.

Little did they know that they weren’t the only ones not paying attention. All of Jihoon’s friends had zoned out as well, instead focusing on the antics of the two, barely keeping their gushing feelings under control. Ten minutes later, the Head Boy had left the room and the boys knew nothing more about the school than they had at the start of the speech. All of the boys except the two oblivious love birds that were still locked in conversation, let out a few dreamy sighs and all of a sudden wished they had another half as well. Maybe not Chan, as he was just staring at the couple with wide eyes, not having seen one apart from his parents interact that much before.

The bell rang right in time to save them from their awkward situation and they left the room in single file, following behind Soonyoung like a marching band. It did make sense; he was the one who knew where everything was. The hallway was bustling with boys, as it was an all-boys school, each one going to whatever class they had.

Jihoon was in the middle of comparing his schedule with Wonwoo, the only one of his friends in his year. ‘Oh, you have music with me.’

Wonwoo was peering at his own timetable. ‘Nah, I think it just means we have it at the same time. See, I have a different teacher.’

‘Oh, but you do have English with me,’ Jihoon said, realising that he was almost completely alone in all his classes.

The two proceeded to walk into someone, a very tall someone. ‘Hey, why’d you stop, Mingyu?!’

Chan was standing beside Soonyoung, staring at the crowd of students that had stopped in their tracks upon seeing the transferees. ‘Why are they staring at us?’

Jihoon was still annoyed at their sudden stop. ‘Well, we are transferees.’

Mingyu voice was cautious. ‘But why are they staring at us like that?’

He was referring to the looks that several of the boys in the crowd were giving them. They weren’t bad looks, but they weren’t necessary good either.

Soonyoung suddenly had a “duh” moment. ‘I forgot to tell you. You know this is a boys’ school right?’

They all nodded like obedient schoolchildren.

Soonyoung glanced around him. ‘Well, it’s also the place where all the rich people send their gay sons.’

‘Oh…’

‘And also the place where all those gay sons can do whatever the hell they want with each other.’

Oh…’

The term fresh meat had never been so appropriate.


Hey guys! Did you like it? Please comment, sub, and vote! I always like to hear feedback!