School

Rosy Cheeks and Einstein Hair (ON HIATUS)

Updating early for the first time ever! Yesss! This is part 1 of a double update, so enjoy!


 

Jihoon was bored, to say the absolute least. His maths teacher was droning on and on about stupid geometry, something Jihoon didn’t understand nor give a about. Well, actually that pretty much was maths in general. Wonwoo was sitting beside him, equally as bored, but hiding it like a pro. The guy actually had the guts to be on his phone during class, probably texting Mingyu, who was currently in his least favourite subject, History.

Seeing Wonwoo skilfully use his phone under the desk, making it look like he was reading a textbook, made Jihoon’s thoughts turn towards his own phone, which now had a recently added phone number and contact photo of his boyfriend posing beside his sleeping self, holding up a “V” sign. And that just reminded him of what had happened the night before, bringing a flush to his cheeks. He’d stripped in front of his boyfriend. Stripped! This is what happened when Jihoon didn’t get enough sleep, he did things he wouldn’t normally do, embarrassing things, only to remember them the next morning or whenever else he woke up. It was like being drunk, but not. When Jihoon got drunk, it was even worse. Heck, he didn’t even remember what happened last time he was drunk, but his friends hadn’t been able to look him in the eye for two days afterwards. He could only conclude that it was something wildly embarrassing and something he’d rather not know about.

Soonyoung must have taken his phone while he was asleep and put his number in, naming himself “y Soonyoungie”. Jihoon hadn’t got around to changing that yet. Although, somehow the fact that he had his boyfriend’s number in his list of contacts made him feel all warm and fuzzy; the only people he actually had in his phone’s contact list was 1) his friends, 2) his brother, 3) his brother’s boyfriend, and finally, 4) his brother’s crazy friends that treated him like a little brother. It was sad. Even more sad was the fact that even the younger kid within his brother’s friends treated him like a little brother. Just because he was short doesn’t mean that didn’t hurt his pride.

He was still feeling all sorry for himself when Wonwoo nudged him; the bell had rung for lunch. And so they made their way through the crowded halls, picking up their friends on the way like a carpool on the way to their destination. Someone walked right into him, nearly knocking him down, but acted like he didn’t exist. Jihoon was used to it, but it still felt degrading each time he was completely ignored.

That was what gave him the courage to bring up the idea of “figurative” scholarships to Seoul National High School when they were sitting at their usual table in the cafeteria.

Seungkwan was as loud as ever. ‘My mum would faint. She always wanted to send me to one of those fancy schools, but we never had the money for it. A scholarship would be awesome, but only if all you guys were going too.’

He started again after looking at Mingyu and Wonwoo, who were engaged in a battle over a juice box. ‘Mingyu has good enough grades to get a scholarship on his own, but he came here instead because Wonwoo hyung went here.’

While Wonwoo blushed in embarrassment, Mingyu didn’t even disagree. It was true anyway, they all knew it.

Minghao was the next to voice his opinion. ‘I heard they have more foreign students there, b-but I don’t think I’d be able to survive without you guys.’

They all went “ohhh” and “aww”, touched, while Minghao just looked proud of himself for not stuttering too much.

When they all turned to Chan, he shrugged. ‘I’m with Seungkwan hyung. My parents would love it but I’m not willing to leave my friends.’

Wonwoo just uttered a quiet, ‘Same,’ and went back to trying to steal the juice box back from Mingyu.

Jihoon sighed, better now than never.

‘What if I told you guys that I can get all of us scholarships?’

They all froze, slowly turning their wide eyes towards him almost comically.

He shrunk under their gazes. ‘You know that boyfriend I told you about this morning?’

The one you wouldn’t shut up about for a whole hour after I told you about him.

He looked up, smiling nervously at them. ‘His family, uh, kinda owns Seoul N-national High School.’

Silence. And more silence. And more. And more again. Jihoon couldn’t take it; his friends were just staring at him, their mouths hanging wide open, ready to catch flies.

He was too timid to break the silence, so his phone did it for him. His brother’s group’s hit song blasted through his blazer pocket and he scrambled to pick it up, embarrassed by how loud it was. Everyone in the cafeteria had turned in his direction, silence cutting through all conversation. Oh great.

He picked up the phone without checking the caller ID. ‘H-hello?’

‘Hey Jihoonie!’ the voice on the other end said cheerfully.

‘S-soonyoung! Why are you calling?’ Jihoon eyed his friends, who had picked up on the caller’s identity, judging by their narrowed eyes.

There was a pause, then a cheery answer, ‘Well, I’m at your school.’

‘WHAT?!’ Jihoon yelled into the phone, surprised beyond all belief.

He could barely hear the other boy explaining on the other end. ‘I just had a talk with your principal to get you off school for the rest of the day. He said that you should be at the cafeteria because it’s lunchtime, so I’m heading there now. Are you there?’

Jihoon let out a breathless, ‘Yes,’ and quickly hung up.

He had no idea what to do. His super rich boyfriend was going to walk into a cafeteria full of curious teenagers, including his friends, who now had their arms folded, looking for answers to his sudden outburst. This was gonna be embarrassing.

Moments later, Soonyoung walked into the cafeteria, looking amazingly out of place in his posh Seoul National High Uniform, and looked around. Everyone in the entire space looked at him like he was an alien. Rich kids didn’t come to the school, during school hours no less, that often. Never actually. Their shock only grew when he spotted the biggest loser in the school and grinned, basically prancing over to him and giving him a peck on the cheek. No, that certainly didn’t happen every day.

Needless to say, Jihoon was embarrassed as hell, flushing an impossible shade of pink. Soonyoung then noticed the whole school staring at him, as he somehow hadn’t before. Shrugging it off, he focused on his very embarrassed boyfriend, then pulling him up and stealing his chair, pulling him back down onto his lap. His gaze as he looked around at everyone’s shocked faces was amused, yet somehow gave off the possessive feeling of “that’s right he’s mine, ers”. He started rearranging Jihoon’s pink, fluffy hair even though it looked fine, just wanting to touch it.

He gestured to Jihoon’s friends, who still had their mouths open. ‘Are these the friends I’m getting scholarships for?’

Seungkwan, with absolutely no shame, jumped at the offer. ‘Yes! We’re Jihoon’s friends and we’d love scholarships!’

Soonyoung nodded to himself, happy that it was all settled. ‘Okay, I’ll sort it out. You’ll be getting your letters in the mail within the week.’

He went back to staring at Jihoon, whose red cheeks were amusing him. ‘Guess you’re going to my school now.’

And that was that, Jihoon was then dragged out of the cafeteria by his boyfriend, who threw his schoolbag over his shoulder, his friends yelling goodbyes at him, smiling like idiots.

The entire school followed them. The entire school.

He heard multitudes of “Isn’t that Kwon Soonyoung?’ and “Why’s he with the loser?” and even more “They can’t be dating, he’s just a loser”.

That sure did wonders for his confidence.

Soonyoung was listening all along, but finally had enough when they reached the school entrance.

He turned to the crowd, eyes flashing angrily. ‘Jihoon’s my boyfriend, and I really like him! You people are just cruel idiots who can’t see that he’s better than all of you!’

And with that, he pulled Jihoon closer, planting a kiss on his lips. A rather fierce kiss. Never mind that some of the students had taken out their phones and started snapping pictures. He then grabbed Jihoon by the wrist and took him outside, all the way to a very flash looking car.

Jihoon froze as Soonyoung opened the car door, gesturing for him to get in. ‘What’s this supposed to be?’

Soonyoung gently pushed him towards the car, smirking. ‘This is me and you skipping school in my expensive car to have our very first date. Just like in the movies.’

Jihoon huffed as he buckled his seatbelt, waiting as his boyfriend threw the schoolbag in the back and hopped in, starting the car.

He looked out the window, avoiding Soonyoung’s eyes out of embarrassment. ‘The guys in the movies always have motorbikes, therefore, this isn’t just like a movie.’

‘This is,’ Soonyoung said as he tugged at Jihoon’s ear, bringing them to face to face, then kissing him on lips.

He could feel the smile growing on the smaller’s lips as they kissed. ‘Okay, maybe it is like a movie.’

Soonyoung pulled away at this admission, putting on his seatbelt. ‘I thought so.’

And so, he drove the car away from the school that he hoped Jihoon never had to go to again and smiled at what was to come. Jihoon being at his school was going to be an adventure, that was for sure, but hopefully a happy, kiss filled one.

A cheesy, needy boyfriend needs to dream.


Hope you liked it! See ya at the next chapter. Comment if you want