An Eventful Morning

Rosy Cheeks and Einstein Hair (ON HIATUS)

Hey guys. Thanks for all the subs and comments! This is gonna be a slightly longer one, so bare with me.


 

It became apparent right from the get go that Jihoon wasn’t going to be the submissive party in their relationship, despite his shyness and self-confidence issues. That Sunday morning after their second meeting, he pushed Soonyoung down onto the bed, pulling his hoodie off rather forcefully and began making his mark, or rather marks, on his boyfriend.

Once he was done, the only explanation he offered was, ‘So everyone knows you’re mine.’

Soonyoung thought this quite a nice way to start the day and grinned, moving to get off of the bed. Then a bright yellow toothbrush was thrown in his face.

The perpetrator was his small, but deadly boyfriend. ‘Go brush your teeth. I’m not kissing you when you have morning breath.’

All thoughts of protesting left Soonyoung’s mind and hightailed it to the bathroom faster than you can say, “Ready, set, go!” That was quite a feat considering he didn’t actually know where the bathroom was, and he had to open every door he came across to find it. He furiously scrubbed away at his teeth with the yellow toothbrush and some toothpaste that was lying around the sink, making sure there would be no trace of “morning breath” left as well as plague.

He ran off the bathroom to sit beside his boyfriend on the couch. ‘Done! Will you kiss me now?’

Jihoon gave him a look over his cereal bowl. ‘Can’t you see I’m eating breakfast?’

And so, Soonyoung sulked until he had finished his cereal, put the empty bowl in the sink, and then taken a gulp of water.

He pushed Jihoon against the fridge, not forcefully, but enough to keep him there, and said matter-of-factly, ‘You can’t say no now.’

Jihoon rolled his eyes as the taller boy leaned down and kissed him, tasting rather minty. And kissed him again. And then again. Except, they weren’t all on the lips. When he finally moved back, Soonyoung gestured to his own hickey laden neck and collarbone and then his boyfriend's neck, which now boasted two. ‘Now we’re matching and everyone will know that we’re together.’

He said it so triumphantly, making Jihoon almost forgive him for pushing him up against the fridge. Almost.

Therefore, he gave his boyfriend what he deserved, a whack up the side of the head. ‘Sweet, but it’s too early for that stuff.’

Soonyoung begged to differ; after all, Jihoon was the one who had started it, but he kept this thought to himself, remembering the strength of the one-handed whack clearly in his mind. He instead came up behind Jihoon while he was doing the dishes from breakfast and the dinner he’d had last night with his friends, giving him a back-hug and resting his head on top of his.

‘Hey, I can’t do this while you’re hugging me!’ Jihoon scolded in a whining tone, not sure whether he actually wanted the taller to move or not.

Soonyoung smiled, his chin moving against the fluffiness of Jihoon’s bed hair. ‘I know, but I don’t wanna move. You’re so soft and squishy.’

He could practically feel the frown on the smaller’s face even though he couldn’t see it. ‘I’m not sure if that’s a compliment.’

‘It is from me,’ he pulled the frowning boy away from the sink. ‘I think soft and squishy is cute as well as comfortable.’

‘You make me sound like a piece of furniture.’

‘My piece of furniture~’

‘Stop being a sap; I won’t have a sap as a boyfriend.’

Soonyoung finally let him go, but not before kissing his hair fondly. ‘Okay, okay, do your dishes then. I’m gonna go watch TV or something.’

He let go but found himself being held back by the arm; Jihoon didn’t want him to leave anymore. ‘Just help me with the dishes, will ya.’

The way he said it wasn’t a question and Soonyoung obeyed, taking the rinsed dishes from Jihoon and putting them in the dishwasher. ‘You know, you’re a walking contradiction. First, you’re shy as heck, then you pull of that stunt this morning.’

‘I’m only shy around strangers,’ the smaller protested.

Smiling, Soonyoung continued, ‘Second, you’re absolutely adorable, yet scary as hell.’

Jihoon said nothing, silently agreeing with the second bit and gushing at the first.

Soonyoung leaned closer to the boy, bumping shoulders with him. ‘And finally, you’ve never had a boyfriend before and you’re like a pro when it comes to making out.’

The small boy dropped the plate he was currently washing into the sink with a clatter. He was frozen as Soonyoung pulled him closer, nuzzling his neck.

He could feel his warm breath brushing against his neck as he said, ‘You sure you’ve never kissed anyone before me?’

He meant it to make the boy flustered, and so it did, the boy’s cheeks, neck and ears heating up in embarrassment. ‘I-I s-saw Yoongi and Jimin b-being all, uh, touchy lots and sorta learnt f-from that.’

His embarrassment delighted Soonyoung, who thought it amusing as well as cute as he moved his head to rest on the smaller boy’s shoulders, his shirt being gripped by said boy’s slightly soapy hands. ‘They must’ve been pretty touchy then.’

Jihoon cringed at the memories that statement brought up. ‘You have no idea. Some of his other friends are couples too and I’ve known most of them and Jimin since I was 12, so it was really weird when they started dating and were all… open about it. Especially since one’s younger than me too.’

‘Hmmm,’ Soonyoung hummed, going back to nuzzling the smaller’s neck.

It was only after say, a minute or two, that he let him go back to washing the dishes, grabbing a random bit of food from the fridge and heading to the couch. Hmm, chocolate. Tasted a bit weird ‘cause of the toothpaste though. He soon grew bored again and went looking for his boyfriend, who was now done with the dishes and nowhere to be seen. Time to go boyfriend hunting.

Seeing the bedroom door slightly ajar, he immediately zeroed in, his common sense screaming at him, but his curiosity got the better of him. Curiosity did kill the cat, but Soonyoung was no cat; in fact, he liked to think of himself as some kid of y fox or something. So he opened the door, realising that it probably wasn’t such a good idea when he saw Jihoon turn sharply toward the door, wearing nothing but a pair of jeans. Oh crap, he’d caught him while he was changing. Both boys blushed bright red and Jihoon held up the shirt in his hands to cover his very exposed torso. Soonyoung’s embarrassment was forgotten, however, when he saw what his boyfriend was so desperately trying to hide. An assortment of scars marred his upper body, white and obviously old, but some of them very deep. The worst was one that ran from his bellybutton to chest in a zig-zag motion before twisting around toward his back, where there were surely more.

Soonyoung’s face must have shown his horror because Jihoon broke down into tears, collapsing onto the floor. Soonyoung rushed to his side, still horror-struck by the scars, but worried for the crying boy.

It was impossible to calm the boy down; he was sobbing and slapping himself on the head, obviously angry at himself for some reason. ‘You think I’m horrible and disgusting right? You wanna break up with me now that you know what I look like! I’m not attractive at all, not even cute! I’m just an ugly piece of that no one likes!’

Soonyoung was patting and his head, cooing as if he were speaking to a child. He had realised the horrible truth about Jihoon’s lack of self-esteem; someone had conditioned him to think that because of his scars, he was nothing, not worth anyone’s attention, ruining the boy’s confidence. He began crying as well, feeling horrible for the small boy, who had no sense of self-worth.

Jihoon’s sobs were ceased as he was confused. ‘Why are you crying?’

Soonyoung couldn’t get a hold of himself. ‘I-I’m so a-angry that y-you feel that w-way about yourself! You’re p-p-perfect to m-me, Jihoonie! The f-f-fact that you can’t s-see that m-makes me angry!’

Jihoon looked at him like a child, eyes wide and innocently earnest, despite being rimmed with red. ‘You don’t mind that my body’s ugly?’

Soonyoung was shaking visibly, still crying, but his stutter had left his voice, ‘Jihoon, you’re not ugly in the least! Those scars don’t change that!’

Jihoon began crying again, but this time they were happy tears, and kissed the boy in front of him, that one kiss saying only one thing. ‘Thank you.’

They sat there after that for God knows how long before they had both stopped crying. It then became apparent the position they were in. Soonyoung was propped up against the bed, Jihoon sitting in front of him on his knees, half-. Soonyoung blushed, bringing a smirk to his boyfriend’s face.

Fully aware of the situation, Jihoon leaned towards him, teasing. ‘You okay?’

Soonyoung found it difficult to focus, half-averting his eyes from the boy’s body. ‘Yup.’

Jihoon leaned even closer, his arms brushing against Soonyoung’s thighs. ‘You sure?’

Soonyoung gulped, his hands itching to move, to touch him. ‘Y-yeah…’

Jihoon was essentially half-on his lap now, showing no sign of stopping, eyes glinting. ‘Don’t you wanna do something?’

Soonyoung finally faced him straight on, blush gone from his cheeks. ‘ it.’

And with that, he grabbed Jihoon by the waist, pulling him fully onto his lap. He proceeded to kiss down his jaw, hands gripping the boy’s back. Jihoon sighed in what the other assumed to be pleasure, his hands likewise on his boyfriend’s back, pushing them even closer together. Soonyoung’s hands were tracing the scars on his back, sending shivers down his spine and Jihoon bit his bottom lip, successfully gaining access to his mouth. They kissed with passion, messing up each other’s hair in the process. Soonyoung pulled at the other’s pink hair, making them closer than ever, while Jihoon simply gripped his boyfriend’s shirt, wanting desperately for it to be off and for their skin to be touching, creating a further sense of closeness. His thoughts must have been clear in his kisses, because soon the shirt was off and there were no more barriers between them. His hands caressed the other’s back, doing the same as he had done for him. He was pleasantly satisfied when the other moaned at their contact. It was ages before they finally pulled back, Soonyoung realising that Jihoon was well and truly exhausted. It was easy to forget that Jihoon wasn’t used to doing this kind of thing, something that Soonyoung still marvelled at considering how experienced he seemed to be.

Soonyoung lifted the exhausted boy onto the bed, dumping himself next to him, pulling him into a close embrace. He simply stared at the boy, who was breathing rather heavily, taking in everything. His lips were swollen and pink, skin glossy with a faint layer of sweat, and his hair sticking up every-which-way.

He tucked his boyfriend's head under his own, hands around his waist and shoulder. He began tracing his fingertips down the multiple scars on the other’s back for a moment, deep in thought.

He decided to voice them, ‘Jihoon, how did you get those scars?’

There was no answer, the smaller simply burying his face in his chest, his now calm breathing tickling him pleasently. He didn’t press for an answer, respecting the other’s wishes.

A small voice emerged from the still boy moments later, ‘I was in the car.’

Soonyoung immediately knew what he was referring to; the car crash that killed his parents. ‘What happened? You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to.’

Jihoon fiddled with the belt loops on Soonyoung’s jeans. ‘No, it’s fine, I want to tell you; all my friends know anyway.’

He took a deep, shaky breath. ‘I was only eight when it happened; we were coming back from a visit to Yoongi’s house. My mum had come even though Yoongi’s mum didn’t like her, saying that she wouldn’t leave me even if everyone told her to.’

He choked up at this part, but continued after Soonyoung his hair comfortingly. ‘It was horrible. No one had any fun, not even me and Yoongi. My mum and his mum were yelling at each other while dad tried to get them to stop. Yoongi and me were in the other room, they thought we couldn’t hear them. I ended up crying like a baby, and Yoongi had to go out and yell at all the adults to get them to calm down, saying they were upsetting me. We left ten minutes later, me still wailing up a storm.

It wasn’t a particularly nice day and it was foggy; I think that’s why a dad didn’t see the “Danger” sign in front of the bridge, which was quite far out of town. He drove right through the barriers, not realising till it was too late that half of the bridge was gone, washed away in a recent flood. He took the road because it was supposed to be a shortcut, but we ended up driving our car right into the river. It was really deep because of the flood, so we started sinking pretty quick.’

He stopped for a moment, overwhelmed by his emotions, but soon started again, ‘My mum’s seatbelt was stuck, but she insisted that dad get me out first, since I couldn’t swim. So dad got out of the car and smashed my window, pulling me through. That’s how I got the scars, my waist and hips got stuck on the broken glass. Dad swam to shore with me, making sure I was in shallow water so I could stand up. Then he went back for mum. Neither of them came up again. The people who pulled the car out the next day said that mum’s seatbelt still wouldn’t come off and dad drowned trying to save her, staying under for too long.

I sat on the shore for the whole night, waiting for them to come up and tell me everything was alright. They didn’t. Yoongi came down to the bridge in the morning with one of his friends, Jin, who was 12 at the time, to hang out. They’d been going there for a while as a sort of hangout spot, but didn’t ever go back again after they found me on the riverbank, my shirt ripped to shreds and bleeding from cuts all over. I was hypothermic because I’d sat there all night soaked in water. They ended up carrying a barely conscious me to the road and flagging down the next car, which then drove me to the hospital.

Once I was aware, I became hysterical, trusting only Yoongi, eventually Jin too, and telling him what had happened, saying that he had to bring my parents to the hospital too. He told the proper authorities and they fished the car out of the river. The funeral was the next week, while I was still in hospital ‘cause I had been cut pretty badly and needed time to recover. Yoongi had visited every day alongside Jin until I was discharged, putting on a brave front and smiling face even though his father had also died because I was his little brother and he knew what it would do to me to see him crying. He and Jin became my very own superheroes, being there for me when no one else was.’

He finished on that note, holding Soonyoung as if his life depended on it. Soonyoung, meanwhile, was trying to take everything he’d just heard in.

He tried to hold in the tears that were threatening to spill down his cheeks, but a single tear ran down his face landing on Jihoon’s cheek. ‘It’s all alright now, Jihoon. We’re together now and nothing can change that; I’ll always be there for you, ready to give you a million kisses, hugs, words or whatever else you need.’

They both just lay there for hours in silence, each holding each other in an embrace that might have meant nothing, just mere physical affection to anyone else, but meant the world to each other. They spoke of meaningless things later, each wanting to hear the other’s voice.

‘So, you go to Seoul High School, right? The smaller branch of my parent’s chain.’ Soonyoung asked, staring at the ceiling.

Jihoon sighed. ‘Yeah, it’s not as rich as your school, but it sure has its share of snobs.’

Soonyoung picked up on his negative emotions. ‘Do you like it there?’

There was a long moment silence before he received an honest answer, ‘No. My friends go there, but it’s a literal hell.’

The other turned to face him, suddenly concerned. ‘Why?! If you’re being bullied, I’ll whoop their asses to the real hell and back!’

What he had said sounded so comical and Jihoon just had to laugh even though his boyfriend was deadly serious.

He was promptly grabbed by his boyfriend while he was still laughing his off. ‘Yah! Why are you laughing?! I’m being serious, ya know!’

Jihoon finally got himself under control, but then proceeded to laugh again. ‘It’s just, the way you said it was like a vengeful little kid.’

Soonyoung pouted. ‘I am not a little kid. A little vengeful, but not a kid.’

This only made Jihoon laugh more. ‘Pouting doesn’t really support your argument, Soonyoung.’

Soonyoung’s eyes glittered with mischief. ‘Says the one that pouts in his sleep.’

Jihoon sat up, protesting, ‘No I do not!’

Soonyoung immediately pulled him back down, leaving him no choice but to stare at Soonyoung’s rather attractive chest. ‘Yes you do, and it’s adorable by the way. Meaning you’re the little kid, not me.’

He felt the Soonyoung shift, making it so Jihoon was now staring at his… uh… abs. His boyfriend had abs. Abs!

A blush was quickly overcoming him, but he was still wanted to protest. Just as he was about to open his mouth to do so, his phone, which had been going off all day, vibrated on the bed stand. He was going to just ignore it, knowing it was just going to be one of his friends making sure that he hadn’t been kidnapped by Soonyoung or something, but Soonyoung’s opinion differed.

When he didn’t pick it up he looked at him curiously. ‘Aren’t you gonna get that?’

Jihoon shook his head slightly. ‘Nope.’

But he wasn’t going to give it up that easily. ‘But someone could be in trouble and need you.’

Jihoon scoffed and said nothing, causing the other to scold him, ‘You should pick it up, Jihoon.’

He could see he was only going to get nagged at even more if he didn’t pick it up, so he just relented and grabbed at it blindly from the bed, not wanting to leave Soonyoung’s embrace.

Though immediately after opening the text, he sat straight up, panicked. ‘Oh, crap!’

He got up from the bed and rushed to find a shirt, muttering curses under his breath. Soonyoung, curious, picked up the phone Jihoon had carelessly thrown on the bed. The text was still open:

From: Jisoo hyung

Jihoon, I’m outside your apartment, I have the spare key and I’m not afraid to use it

Soonyoung fell off the bed with a loud “thump” as he was frantically trying to reach for his shirt. ‘Ow!’

He was still trying to get up when he heard the front door unlock. ‘Crap, crap, crap, crap!’

He didn’t want his boyfriend’s friend’s first, well, second impression of him to be like this; shirt off and in Jihoon’s bedroom, doing God knows what. Jihoon had finally found something to wear, Soonyoung’s red letterman jacket that was hanging on his open bedroom door. He’d only just pulled it on, not zipped up or anything, when the front door opened, which was unfortunately directly opposite the bedroom door. Therefore, Jisoo, a tan guy with brown hair Soonyoung recognised from the day before, had a direct view of them from the doorway. Even more unfortunately, Soonyoung had yet to get his shirt on, struggling with the various holes and the concept of which one he had to put his head through.

Jisoo’s mouth dropped open. ‘Oh. My. God.’

Well, that’s one way to meet your boyfriend’s friend for the first time. And, as he realised later, he hadn’t even got an answer from Jihoon about school yet.


Thanks for reading, give your opinions in the comment section. Sorry that I at pacing and content and all that. This was my first hot and heavy (if it can be counted as that) kiss scene by the way, did I do alright for a beginner? Was the chap worth waiting for?