The Day After

Rosy Cheeks and Einstein Hair (ON HIATUS)

I think I'm going to continue with this story because 1) I enjoy writing it, 2) It can be read by someone who knows nothing about Kpop easily, and 3) I want to keep writing it as long as I have inspiration. Thank you so much for the many views and subscribers!


 

‘I can’t believe you actually made out with someone whose name you don’t even know,’ Seungkwan said for what seemed like the ten millionth time that afternoon.

Jihoon did nothing but slap his arm in a way that said, ‘Shut up or it’ll be your face next time.’

Despite his violent tendencies towards his rather annoying friend, he was still in a state of something akin to awe at what went on the night before. He’d been staring into space the whole morning, remembering the boy with whom he’d shared his first kiss… and his second. It felt as if his whole being had changed in one night. he caught himself staring at the stranger’s jacket he’d obtained the night before, which gave him a sense of “Yes, last night really did happen”. He didn’t dare move it from where it was hanging on the back of his door for fear of ruining the spell.

His friends had showed up at different times during the day, demanding to hear how it was that he, who was notoriously shy around attractive guys (he’s gay, if it wasn’t already obvious), ended up making out with someone he’d never met before in his life. Jisoo had given him an earful about how it could’ve gone wrong, like the guy turning out to be some kind of creep trying to take advantage of him and that he shouldn’t be so reckless, when he’d showed up at around twelve o’clock. The inseparable pair of Wonwoo and Mingyu appeared a couple hours later while they sat watching TV. Naturally, they wanted details too. When Seungkwan knocked on the door half an hour after, yelling something like, ‘Hyung, I demand to know how you lost your first kiss! Let me in!’, Jihoon rushed him in, hoping his neighbours didn’t hear. He’d brought Minghao and Chan, who Jihoon had hoped had stayed oblivious to this whole situation, but had obviously not thanks to one of his loud-mouth friends.

He and his friends were sitting on his couch hours later at nearly 6 o’clock when the doorbell rang. They had been watching episodes of Natruto on his TV after eating some Chinese takeout and Jisoo, Chan and Seungkwan were in a heated debate about whether Sasuke or Naruto had cooler powers. Jisoo was rooting for Naruto, Chan was adamantly saying that Sasuke was more powerful, and Seungkwan had inserted Shikamaru into the running, insisting that he was the best character. This was when Mingyu, who had been sitiing in between Wonwoo and Jihoon, piped in, adding Kiba, saying he was “the best ‘cause he had freaky dog powers”. God, Mingyu only loved one more thing than dogs, and that was Wonwoo, though they were both unaware of this at that moment, their friends forever frustrated as it was blindingly obvious they had the hots for each other. Jihoon, Minghao and Wonwoo didn’t want to get involved in the conversation and were just sitting there quietly, watching the chaos unfold. It was for this reason that Jihoon jumped up and practically sprinted to answer the door when the doorbell rang, and it was his apartment after all.

His surprise was immediate when he opened the door to see the hot stranger from the night before standing in his doorway, looking even more god-like in daylight. His tight, clubbing clothes were exchanged for more casual attire, wearing jeans and a hoodie, though this did nothing to tone down his attractiveness. His hair was still fluffed up and styled like an Asian Einstein with blonde hair.

His jaw hit the floor as he took in this sight before him. The boy in front of him smiled at him adorably and waved slightly.

It was this moment when Minghao decided to come see why he was frozen in the doorway. ‘What’s wrong, Jihoonie hyung?’

Seeing the stranger in the doorway, he became confused, and in haltering Korean he asked, ‘Who are you?’

Jihoon was really quite fond of the undeniably cute Chinese boy, but right then, he really wished he’d not come over because now all his other friends had gathered around the doorway, having heard his question.

Seungkwan, of course, had to speak up, ‘You’re the guy that kissed Jihoon hyung!’

Jihoon blushed fiercely, shoving the boy back inside, though not failing to notice how the stranger flushed slightly at Seungkwan’s statement.

Jisoo made a sort of sound at the back of his throat and Jihoon knew that he was about to start acting all motherly. Oh, god. Frantically, he pushed all of his friends out of his house so they couldn’t embarrass him anymore and pulled the stranger inside by the arm.

‘Time to go home, guys!’ he said as he slammed the door in their faces.

He knew he was being a little harsh, but he couldn’t count the number of times he’d had a door slammed in his face while Wonwoo and Mingyu were having one of their “fights” and he tried to get them not to act like total idiots for a whole week.

He heard his friends protesting but eventually giving up, walking away. Jihoon then turned to face the stranger, blushing as he let go of his arm. He squirmed at the silence he’d created.

He was surprised when the stranger reached out his hand to cup his face. ‘Told you we’d meet again, cutie Jihoon.’

Well at least now, thanks to his friend, the stranger knew his name. He leaned into his hand and held onto his jacket, feeling the need for reassurance.

He finally spoke up, wanting desperately to break the wall of air they had between them, ‘How’d you find me?’

‘I have my sources,’ a trademark mysterious smirk was on the stranger’s face.

Jihoon’s next question caught him off guard, ‘Why?’

‘Why what?’

The shorter boy looked down, ‘Why’d you come and find me? I mean, I’m not that good looking or attractive or anything. I don’t kiss that well and I figured you’d probably just find someone better. I’m short and I look like a twelve-year-old. Why would you like me?’

He was rambling a bit, self-conscious.

He was startled by the stranger’s sharp reply, ‘Why would you think that?! You’re adorable and attractive and you’re a great kisser, not that it matters anyway. When I first saw you in the club, sitting there, I thought you were the most beautiful thing in the world. The kissing was just an enjoyable bonus.’

Jihoon looked, his face lighting up in joy. ‘Really? You think that?’

The stranger’s thumb his cheek softly. ‘Really, I really like you.’

Jihoon smiled wider than he ever had before. ‘I like you too!’

With this, he broke through the invisible wall of air between them and kissed the taller boy, happier than joy itself. The taller boy kissed back with just as much passion and rested his hands on Jihoon’s waist while Jihoon once again had his hands tangled in the taller’s hair. They kissed and kissed and kissed and kissed some more, eventually moving to the couch, where it became even more heated. Jihoon was lying on his back, cushioned by the softness of the couch, while the stranger was leaning on him, hands on either side of Jihoon’s shoulders, holding himself up so his weight wouldn’t crush the smaller boy.

After some time, they stopped, exhausted. They were left there, sitting beside each other on the couch, panting for a good two minutes, making up for lost breath. Jihoon could feel that his lips were swollen and his face was flushed. He held the other boy’s hand, their fingers intertwined.

He flushed some more as he said, ‘You know, I still don’t know your name.’

The other boy burst into a fit of laughter. ‘No, you don’t, do you? It’s Kwon Soonyoung.’

Jihoon stiffened in surprise. ‘The Kwon Soonyoung?! The one whose family owns the Seoul National School Chain! That super rich Kwon Soonyoung?!’

Soonyoung rubbed his head in embarrassment. ‘Yup, that Kwon Soonyoung.’

Jihoon shifted his position and snuggled into Soonyoung’s arm, their hands still intertwined. ‘Well, it was a bit weird having to keep calling you “that hot guy” in my head.’

Laughing, Soonyoung shifted his arm so it was resting on the smaller boy’s shoulder. ‘Don’t you mean “that hot guy who’s a great kisser”?’

Jihoon rolled his eyes. ‘Yeah, yeah. That too.’

His head was rested on Soonyoung’s shoulder, Soonyoung, in turn, resting his head on Jihoon's own comfortably.

Jihoon was startled when Soonyoung spoke after several minutes of sitting in this position, ‘You know, you don’t have to be so self-conscious; you’re perfect just the way you are.’

Embarrassed by this statement, Jihoon frantically tried to answer in a way that would end the topic, ‘Well, it’s just that I’ve never really been liked by anyone before, or had a boyfriend, or been told I was attract-‘

He was cut off by Soonyoung excitedly exclaiming, ‘I’m your first boyfriend?! Oh my god, Jihoonie, you’re so adorable!’

This only embarrassed the smaller boy more, so he took refuge in the crook of Soonyoung’s arm, hiding his blindingly rosy red face. Soonyoung cooed at this and gently his pink-haired head fondly.

It was his turn to be startled when Jihoon suddenly said something, muffled by his arm, ‘Am I your boy-boyfriend now?’

‘Of course you are, silly! Why would I kiss a guy who I didn’t want to be my boyfriend?!’ he laughed.

He leaned towards Jihoon’s ear and whispered into it, fully knowing the effect it would have on him. ‘And I’m honoured to be your first kiss, first boyfriend, and first person to call you attractive, even though I’m shocked no one has before because you’d be adorable in anyone’s eyes.’

He chuckled as the boy’s ears turned crimson red, and tugged at one, bringing the other boy’s head up to face him. ‘And I’m really happy that I get to do this.’

He leaned in, kissing the boy in a way that conveyed all his feelings in one go. When he leaned out, he was pleased at the shine in the other’s eyes; he knew what that kiss meant. He’d only known this boy for about two days, but he knew that he would never find anyone else like him; someone that made his stomach do somersaults (not that he let it show) and that he thought of all the time.

Once they’d settled back into a comfortable position, Jihoon curled up into Soonyoung, half sitting on his lap, and they talked. Jihoon learned that Soonyoung went to Seoul National High School, one of the schools in the chain his family owned, had a group of close friends, much like himself, and that he was an only child, and was therefore, the heir to the company his family run, The Kwon Group. His mother and father where rich, so he didn’t see them very much because they went on frequent holidays and had many meetings to attend when they weren’t overseas. They were also okay with their son being gay, having got used to it after he told them when he was 14. The only thing they insisted on was that there were to be grandchildren to carry on the family line, one way or another. He’d also found out that Soonyoung had actually found out where he lived by asking around the school board about a boy with pink hair, as he had certain power of them because of his family. Well, it was much less creepy than if he’d hired a private investigator or something like that.

When it was Jihoon’s turn to talk, he hesitated, knowing his background wasn’t nearly as flashy as his boyfriend’s (he still gushed at thinking that word). He started by nonchalantly telling him about how his parents had both died in car crash when he was eight. His boyfriend was obviously startled at his lack of emotion, but Jihoon had long since got over his grief, still missing them, but moving on with his life. He talked of how his 11-year old half-brother, Yoongi, had convinced his mother, their father’s ex-wife, to let him live with them instead of going into care. That lasted until he was 14, six years of being hated by Yoongi’s mother, with her seeing him as the product of her divorce. Yoongi was the only person who cared about him in that house in those long years, making life bearable until he finally was able to move out into his own apartment. Yoongi is a skilled rapper as well as producer and therefore began earning money from the age of 16. With this money, he rented his little brother an apartment and payed his school fees. He really did earn a lot of money by making music with his friends and was quite famous under his alias “Suga” as a rapper, so paying for Jihoon’s everyday life wasn’t hard. He occasionally stopped by with his long-time boyfriend, Jimin, who had known Jihoon from an early age, as well as Yoongi’s other friends. Since then Jihoon had been living quietly in his apartment and going to school, eventually meeting his wacko group of friends.

The night was spent talking away, with the occasional kiss or two. It was when his eyes became droopy and his words slurred that Soonyoung suggested Jihoon go to bed.

All he got was a slurred ‘Noooo’ in response, so he took the initiative to pick up his boyfriend, who was struggling slightly by lightly slapping his face with one hand while murmuring, ‘Silly Soonyoungie.’

His exact thoughts were ‘if he’s like this when he’s tired, then what would he be like when he’s actually drunk?’

He gently placed Jihoon down on the bed, the boy now only vaguely aware. After taking off the boy’s jersey, he tucked him in and made a move to leave, but Jihoon’s hand was suddenly gripping his sleeve surprisingly tightly for his condition.

‘Don’t leave, Soonyoungie! Stay here with me!’ he said firmly, though his words were still slurred.

Soonyoung had no choice but to obey, laying down beside the now sleeping boy. His hand was still gripping his sleeve as he snuggled into Soonyoung’s side, breathing softly. Not willing to leave and disturb the sleeping boy (who pouted in his sleep, delighting his boyfriend), Soonyoung carefully took off his shoes and settled into a comfortable position on the duvet. He stared at the boy beside him for hours, amazed at how truly innocent he looked when he was sleeping, before peacefully drifting off to sleep.

His dreams were filled with a certain pink-haired boy and his adorably rosy cheeks.