Sorry

Rosy Cheeks and Einstein Hair (ON HIATUS)

Second part of the double update, YAY!!!


 

Friday Night: Mingyu’s House

 

Wonwoo shifted nervously in the middle of Mingyu’s bedroom while Mingyu himself was downstairs with his mum, explaining that it was probably a good night for her to go to the movies with his dad. He was probably doing it in that roundabout way that he had when he “suggested” things to people, not giving them a choice while making it seem like they had one. Mingyu had his mum wrapped around his little finger, she never suspected that while they were away he actually made out with his best friend for hours on end. Mingyu was kind of calculating in that way, yet he was so naïve at the same time.

Wonwoo had never felt this uncomfortable in Mingyu’s room before, he viewed it as a second home. But as he stood there, gripping the ends of his jersey sleeves with his fingers, he felt more uncomfortable than he ever had. Mingyu knew how he felt, and even if he did nothing about it, he knew that Wonwoo was upset about their relationship, or lack of. That fact terrified the older boy, who liked to seem in control of himself when he was around Mingyu and the rest of his younger friends. The only ones who knew how truly sensitive he was were Jisoo and Jihoon. Sure, Mingyu did see a side of him that no one else saw, but it was still somewhat of an act. He didn't want him to see how pathetic he was, Mingyu was too important for that.

So when he heard the front door open and shut with faint goodbyes and a car speed off into the night, he tensed. The car ride to Mingyu’s house had been undeniably awkward, with Jisoo having no idea what to do with the two silent boys. Wonwoo fought the urge to hide as he heard Mingyu’s footsteps thumping up the stairs. Then the tall boy appeared in the doorway and his eyes met the other's feet. He didn’t feel like looking at the other boy’s face at the moment.

‘Hyung-’ The younger boy sounded as if he wanted to ask a question, but he cut it off, whatever it was.

Mingyu had stopped calling him “hyung” in private at least two years ago. Him calling him that now showed how truly messed up the situation was.

Wonwoo started trembling, feeling the emotions from earlier build up again, only this time it was almost tenfold in intensity. ‘Don’t call me that, you never call me that when were alone.’

He sounded oddly desperate. It was pitiful. He was pitiful.

The younger boy took a step into the room, making Wonwoo flinch violently. ‘Don’t come closer!’

Mingyu’s sudden intake of breath hinted at his shock.

The other boy brought his hands upwards only to ball them up in his dark hair, forcing the beanie off. ‘I’m just so confused.’

‘Why? What’s wrong?’

Wonwoo wasn’t a particularly aggressive person, yet as he heard those words, all of his pent up feelings let loose. Mingyu should have known what was wrong, he was the reason everything was messed up. Then he just screamed at him, and it was the first time head gotten angry, really angry at Mingyu in years. He normally had a quiet disposition not predisposed to conflict.

He barely noticed the tears streaming down his cheeks. 'You make me feel like absolute , Mingyu!'

Mingyu simply gaped, flabbergasted.

Wonwoo continued undeterred, 'Sometimes I feel like you actually care, like you really care, but then you go on and say how hot those girls in the magazines you read are!'

His deep voice broke uncharacteristically. 'Sometimes I feel like you only kiss me 'cause you can!'

‘But I just accepted it because… because…’ He didn’t know how to say this.

‘Because?’ Mingyu’s voice was breathless, like he was scared. In truth he really was.

‘BECAUSE I FRICKING LOVE YOU!’ Okay, maybe some of the neighbours heard that.

His voice died down, but the rant continued, 'I've been in love with you since I was fourteen, and it hurts, because I know you don't love me back. Jihoon thinks so, but I don't; if you did you would tell me, I just agreed with him so he’d stop talking about it.'

When Wonwoo looked up, there was something in the younger boy’s eyes. Something that changed everything. He had been able to read the other boy’s eyes for years, and right then he thought he could see guilt, only guilt.

The realisation hit him like a kick to the guts. ‘Y-you love me?’

He almost couldn’t believe it, if not for the small nod he received from the boy, who looked absolutely terrified at his own answer.

His tears intensified and he was suddenly gasping for air, he was never in a million years expecting Mingyu to love him. He lost his balance, stumbling backwards into the bed, and Mingyu moved instinctively towards him. Wonwoo didn’t flinch this time, he was too busy covering his face with his hands, bawling like a baby.

‘Wh-why didn’t- ‘he hiccupped, ‘you t-tell me?! You knew I loved you, didn't you!’

Mingyu sounded close to crying himself. ‘Don’t stutter, we just fixed that.’

‘Why Mingyu?! Tell me why!’ Wonwoo launched himself up, grabbing onto the neck of the boy’s t-shirt.

‘Because I was scared! I was so scared that I would stuff up and hurt you if I told you how I feel! So I kept things like they were, but I hurt you anyway… I’m so sorry. I thought you would stop loving me if I acted like a jerk.’ It was the first time Mingyu had yelled during the conversation.

The older boy hammered at his chest in frustration. ‘Why the hell would you stuff up?! Doing this is stuffing up!’

‘I know!’ They were basically just having a screaming match now.

‘Then why didn’t you tell me?!’

‘BECAUSE I’M AN IDIOT!’

‘YEAH, YOU ARE! YOU’RE A BLOODLY IDIOT!’

‘YOU SHOULD FRICKING HATE ME!’

‘BUT I FRICKING LOVE YOU!’

‘I FRICKING LOVE YOU TOO!’

‘WHY ARE YOU SO BLOODLY HOT WHEN YOU’RE YELLING?!’

‘I DON’T KNOW!’

‘YOU FRICKING SHOULD!’

‘I’M SORRY!’

Wonwoo’s throat had started hurting by this point, and he only knew one thing; he was getting really tired of Mingyu saying sorry. And he only knew one way of shutting him up.

So he smashed his lips against Mingyu’s, having to tiptoe in the process. The tall boy got over the initial shock in moments, moving his lips against the shorter’s in need. The kiss lasted a few moments, and they were both breathless when they pulled away.

The shorter boy looked into the other’s eyes sternly. ‘Kim Mingyu, you are now my boyfriend, got it?’

It didn’t sound like he had a choice in the matter and it reminded him eerily of how Jihoon interacted with Soonyoung. ‘Yes.’

Most of his uneasiness disappeared when Wonwoo’s face lit up in his beautiful smile. ‘Good.’

Then his expression changed in a second, rolling his eyes. ‘I hate it when Jihoon’s right.’

‘He always rubs our faces in it.’ Mingyu grimaced.

They both jumped apart habitually when there was a loud knock on the front door.

Mingyu, being as clueless as he usually was, scratched his head. ‘Who d’ya reckon that is?’

‘I reckon it’s the neighbours telling us to shut up.’

Sure enough there was a sudden yell from the porch, ‘Can you kids please shut up! We can hear you from across the street!’

That was certainly embarrassing…

Surely they weren’t that loud?

To answer that question; yes, they definitely were.

In fact, they had woken up all of the nearby houses.

Oops.


Did you like? Figured it was a good idea to develop Mingyu and Wonwoo's story more.