Sleepwalking

Rosy Cheeks and Einstein Hair (ON HIATUS)

Hey guys, I'm sorry I haven't updated in so long but I've been so busy, and honestly, I've realised how lacking this story really is. But I'm gonna try and get my inspiration together and continue till it's ready to be finished. My usual problem is surfacing, I think of other stories (particulary Yoonmin ones), and forget about my current ones. But I'm it up and finally creating some drama, so I think it's got more chapters yet. Thanks if you read this an.

p.s This chap has not been edited. Actually most of them haven't.


 

Jihoon’s nightmares came back after a month and a half of dating. Soonyoung had been nagging at him to pay a visit to his psychiatrist after countless nights of being woken up by his terrified whimpers to sweat-soaked sheets. Just to get him of his back, Jihoon had faked a visit. He knew exactly why his nightmares where back, and he didn’t want to become a sleeping-pill fuelled zombie; he had been through that far too many times before.

And so he told no one. Yoongi thought he was taking his pills, Soonyoung thought everything was fine, and his friends were none the wiser. He had never told them why he had always taken a week off school each year at this time. But not this year, this year he was going to be absolutely fine. The nightmares then just stopped, convincing Jihoon that he didn’t need his pills.

Soonyoung, however, was not as clueless as Jihoon thought. So when he found his boyfriend sleepwalking in the middle of the night, sitting on the couch as though he was watching TV, he made sure to lock the door each night. The nightmares stopped, convincing Jihoon that he didn’t need his pills, replaced by nightly bouts of sleepwalking. Then, after he had woken up to an empty bed and walked in on his fast asleep boyfriend hovering over the stove, he had made sure to unplug every power socket connected to something potentially dangerous before going to bed. Jihoon didn’t know a thing, and Soonyoung was sure that he wasn’t aware of the sleepwalking. He also sensed that it wasn’t the best idea to reveal it to him, as Jihoon wouldn’t react well to finding out that he wasn’t completely in control of himself.

That particular day, Soonyoung had decided to do something about his roots showing starkly against his dyed blond glory; he was ready to try something new. Jihoon was less than pleased; he wanted Soonyoung to stay the same, dorky blond he had come to love. But he went along with his boyfriend’s wishes and accompanied him to the hairdresser.

The experience was… unusual, to say the least. It was one of those upper class hairdressers where they did everything, from washing your hair to giving you a full rejuvenating treatment. Jihoon had been singled out as soon as he’d walked in the room and the employees had practically forced him into a chair to “fix the mess” that was his hair. He didn’t think his roots were that bad. Sure, it was a little long, brushing just above his eyes, but it wasn’t a mess. Apparently he was wrong, and he was inclined to go along with it, considering his ridiculously rich boyfriend was paying.

The woman had run her hand through his hair, commenting on the softness, before asking what he wanted to be done. He had answered that he didn’t really care as long as it looked fine, he’d never been one to put too much effort into his hair. The smile that crossed the woman’s face when hearing that she could completely let herself loose on him was slightly disconcerting, but he stuck with his decision anyway. He discovered it was quite a nice sensation having his hair washed for him and simply relaxed, watching as Soonyoung’s hair was trimmed out of the corner of his eye. He just continued with watching his surroundings, particularly Soonyoung, as his hair was being dealt with.

A few hours later they returned to the apartment with newly cut and coloured hair. Jihoon couldn’t help but stare at Soonyoung’s frosty blue hair. He had never quite imagined him with blue hair, so his eyes were drawn to it automatically. Likewise, Soonyoung hadn’t shut up about Jihoon’s new lavender coloured hair since he first saw it at the hairdressers. The boy was barely containing himself from running his hand through it to see if it felt any different. In the end he just settled for ruffling it. it felt the same and he felt a bit silly for thinking it wouldn’t. Meanwhile, Jihoon was taking his boyfriend sudden obsession with his hair in his stride and was in the process of ordering takeaway.

And so they spent a lovely evening together, so lovely that it ended with a tired out lavender haired boy that had to be carried to bed. Soonyoung was so enamoured with said boy that he forgot to do the most important thing.

He didn’t lock the door.

 

 

Soonyoung woke to an empty bed, the covers haphazardly thrown off the bed. He supposed that was why he woke up; it was only 3 o’clock in the morning, as the alarm clock told him. He got up, expecting to find a sleepwalking Jihoon somewhere in the lounge. He didn’t, so he went to the bathroom, expecting to find him there. He didn’t. That’s when the panic started setting in. He searched everywhere, in the wardrobes, under the bed, and even outside the apartment.

He shook as he picked up Jihoon’s phone, having long wormed the passcode out of him with kisses, and pressed the only number he thought to call; Yoongi.

The voice on the end of the line was thick with sleep and rather annoyed. ‘Jihoon, you better have a bloody good reason for ringing me at 3 o’clock in the morning, I-‘

The rest of his sentence was swiftly cut off by Soonyoung, whose shaking hands threatened to drop the phone to the floor, ‘Ji-Jihoon’s gone.’

‘Soonyoung? What do you mean gone?’ Yoongi’s tone sobered up immensely.

‘H-he’s been sleeping walking, an-and I’ve been locking the door, b-b-b-but I forgot and he-‘

Sleepwalking?’ Yoongi’s voice was sharp, ‘Hasn’t he been taking his pills?’

‘P-pills?’

Oh my ing god.’

There was a clatter and a yell before Yoongi came back on the line, ‘Soonyoung, are you at Jihoon’s place? I’m coming to get you.’

Tears were threatening to spill from his eyes, they stung. ‘Why?’

More clatter was heard. ‘Cause I know where he’s gone and his place is on the way.’

And he just hung up.

That’s when Soonyoung actually cried. He had absolutely where his boyfriend was. He could have been hit by a car, he could be lying in a gutter somewhere, he could be dead and it was all Soonyoung’s fault. He should’ve locked the damn door but he was too selfish, watching Jihoon sleep instead.

It was all his fault. He should have done something when he realised Jihoon was sleeping walking. He should’ve said something, done something.

This was how Yoongi and Jimin found him when they arrived five minutes later, having pushed the speed limit as hard as it would go without being caught. Wallowing in self-hate. They dragged him outside, him still in his pyjamas, and drove off. The lights of the world passing by stung his already stinging eyes, making him dizzy and lightheaded. Despite this the dread in the pit of his stomach remained, putting the faint thought in his head that he might throw up.

It seemed like ages had passed by the time they pulled up at a semi-rural neighbourhood. It was only when he noticed the half-broken away bridge that he realised where they were. This was the place where Jihoon had lost his parents and attained his scars, a place that by all rights he should hate. Yet this was the place Yoongi knew he had come, and he was right.

They found him at the bottom of the steep hill that lead down to the riverbank, lying in the sand. The panic that Yoongi had so clearly been hiding burst to the surface in the form of frantic shouts as he clambered down to the bank. Jimin was not far behind, being slightly more careful to not fall than his boyfriend. Soonyoung nearly rolled down, losing his footing and rolling his ankle. Yoongi was the first one to get to him, calling his name. Soonyoung overtook Jimin shortly after he realised that Jihoon wasn’t moving. The boy was sprawled out on the beach, completely immobile, and Soonyoung almost threw up, his emotions building, when he noticed the strange angle at which his arm was bent under him. He dropped down next to him, his hands shaking even harder as he traced some scraping on his cheek; he’d fallen down at some point. His knees were scraped as well, being partly caked with sand. His cheeks weren’t rosy like usual, something that was of no great comfort.

A sickening realisation arrived not a second later. Jihoon had fallen and rolled down to the riverbank. It isn’t a good thing, Soonyoung thought, to be unconscious after a fall. He might have knocked his head, a terrifying prospect.

‘Oh my god.’

That was when he really did throw up.


Did you like it? I don't want any of my dramatic scenes to be melodramatic, but I had such a writing block. Comment your thoughts!