A Bad Sign

Rosy Cheeks and Einstein Hair (ON HIATUS)

Filler chap alert! But it's cute! Or at least I think so...


 

‘Hey babe?’ Soonyoung called out to his boyfriend, who was getting dressed after taking a shower.

‘Yeah?’ Jihoon was currently pulling on a pair of Soonyoung’s basketball shorts he’d found last night. He’d slept in them but he didn’t plan on going anywhere that day, so he had decided to be a bit grungy.

Soonyoung paused before dropping a bombshell. ‘How would you feel about meeting my parents?’

There was a sudden crash and a shout of pain. Soonyoung rushed in, finding his boyfriend sprawled on the floor, clutching his knee. It seemed he’d banged it on the cabinet.

'Are you okay?!' Soonyoung rushed to Jihoon's side, swiftly picking him up.

He brought him to the bed while the boy was protesting.

'I'm fine! It's just like hitting your funny bone!' Jihoon smacked him.

Seeing that Jihoon was indeed fine, Soonyoung collapsed on the bed in a fit of giggles. 'I can't believe you still call it a funny bone!'

Another smack. 'Shut the hell up!'

Soonyoung finally calmed down, pulling Jihoon over so the boy was half resting on top of his chest. 'I didn't expect you to react like that.'

Jihoon's face scrunched up. 'You did just spring meeting your parents on me!'

'Well, they are coming home tomorrow.' Soonyoung brushed a stray hair out of the other's eyes.

'And you could have told me this when?'

'... a while ago.' The taller boy braced himself for another smack. It never came.

‘Seriously,’ Jihoon had his head resting right above Soonyoung’s heart, listening to it beat ‘how can you always forget the important things.’

‘Easy.’

‘Meeting your parents is not an easy thing, Soonyoung.’ Jihoon tapped his fingers against his collarbone. Soonyoung had only noticed that this was one of the boy’s habits after the night before. Or maybe it had just developed recently, and he wasn’t a completely bad boyfriend for not noticing.

Soonyoung lifted his arms up to wrap around the boy, fully pulling the other’s body onto his own, and intertwining his fingers on the boy’s back. ‘No it isn’t, my parents will love you!”

Maybe he had a sixth sense; he could practically feel Jihoon’s glare. ‘How do you know?’

‘Because you’re adorable and despite the fact that you act otherwise, you care about your loved ones, and you’re a really kind, beautiful person.’

‘Shut up, you’re embarrassing me, ya bastard.’ Jihoon protested half-heartedly.

‘And despite the fact you call me that, it’s still cute.’ Sappy Soonyoung was back.

After a moment, Jihoon spoke, ‘Okay.’

‘Okay what?’

‘Okay, as in, “I’ll meet your parents” okay.’

‘Thanks, I want them to see how special you are to me.’

‘If I didn’t know better, I’d think you were a romanticist.’

‘Dunno, sounds a bit girly, don’t ya think?’

‘Trust me, man. You’re anything but girly. I wouldn’t date a girly guy.’

‘How would you know if I was girly, you kissed me as soon as you met me.’

Jihoon rolled off him, ending up lying beside him instead. ‘I’ll never live that down, will I?’

‘Nah, I won’t let you.’ Soonyoung’s eyes were hidden by a cheeky grin.

Jihoon barely noticed the feather-light movements of his boyfriend’s fingers as he his hair, which was really needing a dye. ‘At least I’m not like my idiot friends, face all those years behind everyone’s back!”

Jihoon had filled in his boyfriend with the details of his talk with Wonwoo the night before. He agreed with his advice about confronting Mingyu, saying that staying the way they were wasn’t helping anybody.

Soonyoung tugged slightly at one of Jihoon’s ears, telling him that he wanted him to roll around. ‘Do you think they’re alright?’

Jihoon did as was asked, turning to face the other, who was using his elbow to prop himself up. ‘Well, I haven’t had any emergency texts, so I assume they’re fine.’

Soonyoung’s next comment came out of nowhere. ‘You’re a good friend, you know.’

‘Me?’ Jihoon’s eyebrows furrowed, ‘I act like a most of the time.’

‘Still, the way you talked things out with Wonwoo last night was really thoughtful, you could see how relaxed he was after he came out. Before that I thought he was gonna have a panic attack or something.’

Jihoon expression softened. ‘He’s always been a bit sensitive, less so after he met Mingyu, but he still has his moments.’

‘Everyone does.’ Soonyoung pulled at a strand of the smaller boy’s hair experimentally.

It did not have the desired effect. Maybe he pulled too hard.

‘Do that again, I dare you.’ Jihoon’s tone was dangerous.

‘Sorry.’ His hand was retracted at lightning speed.

Jihoon smiled suddenly, standing up from the bed. Well, his knee was fine at least.

‘I’ll just brush my teeth. That’s what I was about to do when you made me bang my knee of the bench.’ His eyes were smiling too, inciting a warm feeling in Soonyoung’s chest.

He didn’t shut the door behind him, and with lack of a better thing to do, Soonyoung just stared at his back view from the bed. He suddenly realised how the shirt Jihoon had borrowed from him, a simple white t-shirt, was hanging slightly too low on his shoulders to be appropriate. In fact, one of the shoulders was nearly slipping off. The shorts dwarfed him, resting just below his knees. The whole combination was surprisingly attractive, not to mention cute.

What more, Jihoon decided to spontaneously start dancing. You know, that little “ dance” everyone does when they don’t have their hands free, like, per say, when brushing your teeth with a spare toothbrush in your boyfriend’s house.

Soonyoung didn’t realise quite where exactly he was staring until Jihoon turned around, toothbrush poised to enter his mouth once again.

‘Stop staring at my .’

Soonyoung blushed and nearly tumbled from the bed in embarrassment. Jihoon smirked.

‘Though I realise it is probably quite nice to look at, there’s a time and a place.’

A pause, before a more than slightly threatening tone, ‘Or I might just have to do something about it.’

Jihoon gave him one last smirk before turning back, resuming his “ dance”.

Dear lord, how this boy terrified him.

And was probably a bad sign how he found it just a little bit y. Okay, maybe a little bit more than just a little bit y. Aw hell, he just found it damn y.

Yup, definitely a bad sign.


Did you guys like it? Comment please! Okay, here's the start of a little rant I keep on forgetting to write.

I have recently started liking three rookie groups (I know, I'm pathetic), and they are: Astro (the cuties), KNK (the funny guys), and NCT U (I love Ten!). 

Thank you!