Hamburgers Taste Sweet

Rosy Cheeks and Einstein Hair (ON HIATUS)

Hello! Updating early *does a happy dance* because I've got a three day Geo trip. Yay! Can you hear the sarcasm? I have to walk up a volcano! Yay! On another note, my Kpop friend forced my wattpad name out of me and she's reading my story. I'm so embarrassed!


 

'You know,' Seokmin plucked a fry from Jun's plate, 'you should watch out for that boyfriend of yours.'

'I know.' Soonyoung gazed fondly at Jihoon, who was across the cafeteria, picking his lunch choice. He smiled slightly when the boy fumbled with his chopsticks, almost dropping them if not for the quick reflexes of Wonwoo.

Seokmin looked unconvinced. 'But do you? If Seojoon's got an eye on him, it'll be big trouble.'

Hansol piped in, taking a mouthful of his hamburger. 'You know how he likes the small, cute ones.'

Soonyoung did know. Ever since Kim Seojoon had entered this school in his second year, he'd made a name for himself in two departments. The first was as the school's resident troublemaker, smoking, beating up students that got on his bad side, and just generally being scary. It was rumoured that he belonged to one of the various gangs across the city and partook in some pretty questionable things in his spare time.

The second was as a playboy; Seojoon was a serial user. He had made his preference for boys on the smaller side of the spectrum apparent when he'd coerced several boys into being his personal...well... "boytoys". The boys were typically first years, young and fresh faced, though he had taken the odd exception with a few second years and an occasional third year.

The worst thing was, Jihoon was exactly his type.

Soonyoung's smile fell, replaced by a hostile frown. Kim Seojoon, followed by a few of his little "followers" at his heels, had just entered the cafeteria, heading straight for the line Jihoon was currently waiting in. He watched as Jihoon finally got his food and walked away from the counter. He'd been the last of his friends to do so.

Seungkwan, who had instantly got right on with Hansol and Seokmin, sat down, complaining about his schoolwork. Chan sat down beside him, merely commenting that he was in the same boat. Minghao sat next to Jun, who he'd become close with because of their shared experiences of being Chinese students, rolling his eyes at the small, one-sided argument that followed him.

"Mingyu, I told you I can carry my own damn tray!"

Wonwoo was fighting a losing battle. "Mingyu! Give me the blimmn' tray!"

Laughter rippled through the table, but Soonyoung kept his eyes solely on his boyfriend, who had kept a slow pace for fear of spilling his food. Once he had set his tray down in the table, Soonyoung took his chance.

Pulling Jihoon by his wrists, he successfully trapped the boy on his lap, arms wrapped carefully around his waist.

'Soonyoung!' Jihoon bombarded him with light punches, 'We're in a cafeteria!'

Soonyoung only pecked his cheek, pretending to be unaffected by the punches, some of which were quite hard. He could see the tips of his boyfriend's ears blushing, which made up for it.

'But I wanna eat lunch!' The boy whined.

'There's no reason you can't do that on my lap, is there?'

‘You’re such a clingly bastard.’ Jihoon crossed his arms, looking quite the picture of a sulking child.

A gleeful laugh escaped Soonyoung’s grinning mouth. ‘And that’s why you love me.’

Jihoon busied himself with unwrapping his hamburger. ‘Yeah, yeah, you cocky bastard.’

Meanwhile, their friends were gaping at them in amazement. Soonyoung's friends had never, ever heard Soonyoung say the word “love” while he was in the company of a romantic partner. Yet he had just said it casual as anything, right in the ear of his boyfriend. Jihoon’s friends were more amazed at the fact that Soonyoung hadn’t been conked on the head. Shows a difference in their friend’s perspectives of them, right?

Soonyoung watched for a few seconds as Jihoon tentatively bit into his hamburger. He continued watching as the boy’s face light up upon realising that the hamburger actually tasted good (Soonyoung wasn’t sure what he was expecting), then took a massive bite. How can he find eating a hamburger so cute? Love of course. He really loved that word, “loved”. It felt right on his tongue, just wanting to burst out and slap his boyfriend in the face. Not literally, but every time he said it, Jihoon’s face mirrored the reaction you would expect from getting suddenly slapped in the face. It was adorable.

His eyes drifted upwards and he caught sight of Seojoon staring at them, un undecipherable expression on his face. Jihoon had no idea of the stare, focusing on his hamburger. For this reason, Soonyoung felt it was an appropriate time to do the first thing came to his mind; he gave Seojoon the finger, and a right good, insulting one at that. While smirking. And glaring intensely. He didn’t even bother waiting for a reaction, he went back to watching Jihoon eat his hamburger, finding that infinitely more interesting.

The surrounding people just looking at him like he’d lost his marbles; no one flips off Kim Seojoon, even if they’re their parents own the school.

Seokmin shook his head. ‘You sure you know what you’re doing, hyung?’

‘Sure as sure can be.’ Soonyoung’s words brought Jihoon out of his hamburger induced stupor.

He looked at the faces around him, which ranged from shocked to amused. ‘What?’

Soonyoung pulled him closer. ‘Nothing baby, just showing a prick what’s what.’

Silence, then. ‘I’m not even going to question that.’

‘You know me so well.’

‘That’s because I’m awesome and you’re my minion boyfriend.’

‘… I’ll accept that but I’m not super short, yellow, and I don’t wear overalls. Plus, I’m not shaped like an oval.’

‘Not those minions, you idiot! I’m meaning like henchman type minions.’

A cheeky grin. ‘But I’m your idiot.’

A grimace in return. ‘You’re also a sap.’

Your sap,’ Soonyoung practically sang.

‘Oh, shut up.’

‘You love me.’

‘Yeah I do, and right now I really want you to just shut that lovely gob of yours.’

‘What if I don’t want to?’

Jihoon slowly turned, swinging his legs around so he was able to be face to face with the other boy. His face was emotionless, showing the best poker face Soonyoung had ever been so lucky to see.

He was almost startled when the smaller boy leaned in, a smirk breaking the emotionless mask. ‘I’d do this.’

What followed was an unimaginably sweet kiss that tasted of hamburger. It was rather a pleasant taste, making the kiss all the more sweet.

‘Maybe I should annoy you more often.’

‘I wouldn’t count on that.’

Jihoon pulled away, reverted to his original position, and grabbed some fries from his plate. He ignored the stares from the majority of the cafeteria and from their friends, only faintly flushed pink. He was getting bolder.

Soonyoung wasn’t sure if that was a good thing or not. Probably a good thing; all the more kisses for him.


Did you like? Comment, sub, vote! Share your thoughts!