The Boy At The Club

Rosy Cheeks and Einstein Hair (ON HIATUS)

Jihoon wasn’t happy, he wasn’t happy at all. The reason, his friends had dragged him along to a club on a Friday night. Not that clubs weren’t fun and all (well, most of the time), but he didn’t particularly like going to them. His reasons were many, such as, the bouncers didn’t believe he was 18, people didn’t think he could actually dance (probably because he was short), girls coddled him a bit too much for his liking and what else? Oh yes, people didn’t take him seriously because he was small, and looked like he should still be in middle school. Therefore, it was a hard task even getting a drink, let alone getting someone to approach you and then have a hot make out session, which was, as his friend Seungkwan told him, the whole point of clubbing. Well, Jihoon had thought the whole point of clubbing was to dance, but no, his friend, who shouldn’t even be in the club because he was underage, knew better. Like Seungkwan ever had hot make out sessions with anyone anyway. Jihoon hadn’t even dated anyone yet so he refused to believe that his younger friend had any experience in that department. His pride was at stake.

And much to his anger, but not surprise, his friends left him at the bar while he was arguing with the bartender about getting a damn drink. Eventually, after having to flash his ID twice, he got his drink and took off to find at least one of his friends. After five minutes of fruitless searching, he spotted his friend Jisoo, who would be better placed anywhere other than a club, sitting on one of the couches that lined the sides of the of the club. He made a move towards him, but then saw Jisoo’s company, an oddly feminine looking guy with long hair. They looked like they were quite enjoying their conversation, so Jihoon turned away and continued his search. That in turn had no results she settled with quietly sipping his drink at a table of the side.

He didn’t even notice his foot was tapping to the music until he froze, mesmerised by the new presence at the club. The newcomer was dressed as fitting for a club with tight jeans that looked impossible to dance with, as well as a red letterman jacket, and was sporting a blonde hairstyle reminiscent of a mad scientist. What had mesmerised him was not this, however (okay maybe a little bit), but the fact that he was dancing in those very tight jeans. Very well, in fact. His moves were sharp and precise, yet conveyed emotions better than Jihoon had ever seen. Hmm, maybe clubbing isn't so bad after all. Jihoon was not the only one that noticed the boy, girls and guys around the club had stopped dancing to watch him. The boy, however, seemed blind to the attention, dancing with passion and not noticing any of those around him. Well, that is what Jihoon thought until the boy had glanced in his direction while he was dancing, locking eyes with Jihoon, a very flustered Jihoon who had forgotten completely about his drink. He became even more flustered when the boy came toward him, breaking the attention from the rest club away from him and then went back to their dancing.

He was frozen as the boy stood in front of him, eyes sparkling. ‘Do you think I can steal you away from that drink?’

On pure impulse, Jihoon breathed, ‘Anytime.’

The boy broke out into a rather pleasant smile and his eyes conveyed his amusement at the blushing boy in front of him.

He held out his hand. ‘Come with me?’

Jihoon, careful not to blurt out anything stupid to the extremely attractive boy in front of him, blushed and nodded, taking his hand. It felt soft as he was pulled out of the main part of the club and into the bathroom. Luckily, no one was there (he suspected because of the out of order sign) as Jihoon would have been embarrassed for anyone to see him with such a red face.

He then did the most reckless and impulsive thing he’d done in his life, he kissed the stranger. He had assumed that is what the boy had brought him here to do, and he was proved right when the boy began kissing him back. At first it was a soft sort of kiss, as Jihoon had absolutely no idea what to do, but soon morphed into something Jihoon would have never though he’d be doing in an out-of-order bathroom in a club, making out with a hot stranger. Thoughts of how he’d definitely showed Seungkwan up were clouded by the passion he felt, his fingers in the boy’s Einstein-like hair as he gave his absolute all at something he had never done before. His other hand was gripping the boy’s jacket, having nowhere else to go. He only realised he’d been pushed up against the bathroom wall when they both stopped for air.

He was overwhelmed with a sense of bashfulness as he looked up at the other’s face, panting heavily. That was nothing like he expected his first kiss to be like, and was certainly stunned that he’d actually kissed a boy whose name he didn’t even know. Seungkwan would be proud as well as stunned.

The boy played with Jihoon’s hair, which he had recently dyed pink. They stood there like that for several minutes, Jihoon pushed up against the wall, yet not willing to move, and the stranger playing with Jihoon’s hair. He was surprised when the stranger leaned in, chastely pecking him on the cheek.

He whispered in his ear, his breath making Jihoon shiver, ‘Cute.’

He leaned away, a smirk on his face and again murmured, ‘So cute.’

This caused the small boy in front of him to flush red, but then he surprised himself by tiptoeing up and kissing him on the cheek in return. ‘Th-thanks.’

The stranger smiled a smile that lit up his face, making him appear far too childish to have been passionately kissing the shorter boy minutes before, his eyes scrunched up so they were little more than slits, or maybe his eyes were always like that, Jihoon didn’t know, he was too focused on his lips.

Then the taller’s smile changed back into an intensely attractive smirk, and Jihoon wondered how his expressions could change so fast. ‘So, cutie, what you wanna do now?’

Kiss, Jihoon thought, but instead voiced, ‘Da-dance.’

And with that, he was whisked out of the bathroom and pulled onto the dance floor, where he danced with the boy he’d been kissing moments before. He danced freely and for once, didn’t care that people thought of him, dancing closer and closer to the boy he’d just kissed, still not knowing his name. He wondered if this night might be the best night of his life, having his first kiss with someone he didn’t even know, and wanted to do it again. He wanted to so badly it hurt, but wasn’t about to let everyone on the dancefloor witness him doing it. However, he was not about to suggest going back to the bathroom to resume their kissing in private because (1, he was too shy and (2, he was enjoying dancing with the stranger immensely.

Hours later, he finally gave into himself and gently tugged the stranger back into the bathroom. They resumed their previous kiss and it was gentle, the stranger leaning down in order to kiss him and Jihoon tiptoeing again to make the kiss easier. After a few minutes of this, the stranger picked him up and plopped him down on one of the bathroom counters. They were now eye to eye and the kiss intensified. They kissed with everything they had, holding each other in a tight embrace. It must have been at least half an hour later when they finally stopped, both too tired to carry on. Jihoon in particular was feeling quite drowsy, not used to a heated kiss’s draining effects. He leaned on the stranger’s shoulders, feeling as if he were the luckiest guy in the world.

The boy sensed his drowsiness and breathed into his ear, sending shivers down his spine, ‘You okay?’

Jihoon hadn’t even answered when the boy took off his jacket and offered it to him. ‘Here, you were shivering.’

Jihoon wasn’t about to say the real reason for his shivers, so he took the jacket and put it on, noticing it was still warm with the other’s body heat. Besides, he was a bit cold anyway. The jacket was too big for him and the sleeves covered his hands, making him look absolutely adorable in the stranger’s eyes. He yawned, his head making its way to rest back on the others shoulder and peacefully went into a state of half-awake, half-asleep, mumbling something about how his friends were probably looking for him. This urged the other to take action, gently picking the small boy up and shifting him to his back, walking out of the bathroom and back into the club. Many of the occupants had already left except a few. One group within those few immediately swarmed around the stranger, seeing that their friend was on his back. Jihoon was only half aware, but he could tell that Seungkwan was there by the extremely loud voice that he heard, and the rest of his friends must have been there too because he could hear Mingyu’s voice among them, and Mingyu never went anywhere without at least one of his friends, like a huge puppy, which probably meant he’d been hanging out with Wonwoo all night. This, in turn, meant that Jisoo was there because he would’ve seen the three and made his way toward them, his (odd) motherly instincts intensifying. Jihoon’s other friend Minghao wasn’t there because he had late night Korean classes and Chan, his youngest friend, was too young to pass for 18.

He felt himself being shifted onto the back of someone tall, probably Mingyu, and resisted by latching himself onto the stranger’s arm. ‘I don’t wanna leave!’

He was slurring his words now, a sign that he really was tired, as he seemed drunk when he was that exhausted. His friends were trying to pry him off but his grip was iron.

After a few moments, the stranger gently took Jihoon’s hand in his and spoke to him softly, ‘It’s alright. We’ll meet some other time, I promise. Right now you just need to go home and sleep, okay?’

Jihoon’s protests stopped and the stranger gave his hand one last squeeze and he let go. Jihoon was then carried out of the club with his friends and they bustled into Jisoo’s mother’s car, which he had borrowed for the night.

He rested his head on Mingyu’s shoulder and the last thing he heard before he drifted off to sleep, the car’s engine lulling him, was Seungkwan’s voice, ‘What the heck was that all about?’


hope you like the first chapter! give me some feedback too if you feel like it.