Seeing Things (Or Not)

Searching For Luhan (Sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Please read the author's note at the end! ***

Filming was nothing like what Sehun thought it'd be. Not that he had anything in mind anyway.

"I still can't believe this is happening. You. In a movie!" Jongin says in disbelief as Sehun waits for the stylist to finish his hair. Sehun looks at his best friend, currently his 'manager'. At first, Jongin had wanted to give up, for Sehun to drop out of the movie after learning that Ren wasn't Luhan but now, he'd changed his mind.

"It's not that big of a deal." Sehun tells him casually but Jongin only shakes his head.

"It is! Imagine what would happen if Lu saw you on the big screen! If he knew you were here he'd-"

"-run away and flee from Beijing to a completely foreign country." Sehun finishes and Jongin frowns.

"You know he wouldn't."

"Actually, I don't. Jongin, we've been here for nearly a whole month now! We thought we'd be done within a few days but Luhan is no where to be found."

The hair stylist pauses for a second before continuing to comb Sehun's gelled hair carefully. His hair was re-dyed at the roots, giving his blonde hair a classier look.

"Don't worry. Luhan is probably closer to us than we think." Jongin says with ease, flipping through a magazine.

"Your hair is done. Someone will come in for your make up." The woman tells him and Sehun nods as she exits the room.

"I haven't seen you with your hair done is so long it feels almost..weird right now."

Sehun stares at himself through the mirror. Was he still the same Sehun he was when he left Korea?

"I feel..like I've changed so much but I don't know  how. Searching for him has been so stressful that at times I even forget why I'm here. I need a clue, some sort of hint. I need reassurance that I'm not here for nothing."

"I know. It feels like years since we've been in the palace. Royal food everyday. Fluffy beds to sleep on."

"Yah! You were just enjoying the luxurious life weren't you?" Sehun jokes and Jongin laughs.

"But seriously, Halmeoni must be worried. We haven't contacted her all this time."

"Don't worry about that old woman. I'm sure she wasn't even sick."

Jongin sighs. "Let's hope not."

A woman comes in with a few boxes and greets Sehun with a smile before getting right to work.

"So, where's Ren?" Jongin asks.

Sehun tries to not move his face too much as the lady applies some concealer on his cheeks.

"Uh..probably getting ready.. Have you seen him yet?"

Jongin flips a page. "Nope. All I know is that he is some, quote unquote, 'short bratty kid that looks exactly like Luhan but isn't actually Luhan'."

"You'll be so shocked when you see him. He looks exactly like Luhan but his eyes are a bit different. At least I think so..I just- I haven't seen Luhan for so long.."

"Do you still love him?" Jongin asks. It was a good thing they had a language barrier. It gave them a bit of privacy in their conversations.

"Of course!" Sehun turns around to Jongin as if he had asked an absurd question. The make up artist frowned, telling him to sit still and Sehun quickly apologizes before turning himself straight.

"I love him like I loved him the day of my wedding with Haru. If only he had stayed a few more minutes..."

"I hadn't expected him to leave so quickly..Who knew Haru had done what she did.."

"Which is why we have to find Lu. We have to explain to him what happened and I have to tell him how I feel." Sehun states, watching the woman put a light brown eye shadow at the corner of his eyes. Why did he need so much make up for the first shoot? It was only a practice and he had the rest of the week to learn the entire script.

There was a knock on the door and Jongin immediately stands up,at the sight of a man.

"D-Director Kim!" Jongin exclaims, walking over to shake his hand.

"You must be Sehun's manager." He says with a friendly smile.

"Yes, my name is Kim Jongin, but Jongin is fine." He greets. It was obviously awkard for Jongin to speak to someone at least 3 years older than him on business terms. 

"Suho, Kim Suho. It's a pleasure to meet you, Jongin-ssi."

"Y-You're Korean!?" He replies in surprise and Sehun also turns around as the make up lady finishes off his eyebrows.

"Aha, yes. I'm the assistant director for this movie. They discussed that it would be more convenient for Sehun to have someone who knew what was going on, and who knew how to communicate with him."

Suho turns to Sehun with much charisma in his face. Sehun couldn't help but feel challenged in the looks department. Even so, Sehun shakes his hand firmly, a sense of familiarity flowing through the connection.

"I'm Sehun. Please take care of me." He says.

"Of course, your highness." Suho says, lowering his voice. Sehun and Jongin freeze. Suho quickly dismisses the make up artist and closes the door, leaving the three of them in silence.

"A-A- He's not-"

"You can try to fool everyone else in this country but you can't fool me, Prince Oh Sehun."

Sehun looks to Jongin in confusion and panic. "H-How did you know? Even the Korean translator didn't even recognize me! She's Korean..."

Suho chuckles. "Please, don't worry. I came from Korea a week ago, under the Queen's request."

"Halmeoni sent you?!" Jongin asks in surprise and Suho nods.

"How do you know my grandmother? Why did she send you here?" Sehun asks, still unconvinced.

"She helped my family a lot when I was younger and I owe much of my life to her. I was able to become a movie director thanks to her generosity, and she recently reached out to me, asking me if I could do her one last favor. She asked me to come to Beijing to assist her grandson," Suho turns to Sehun "and continue my career here, just until you find the thing you are searching for."

"Does everyone know that Sehun has left Korea?" Jongin asks.

"No, but because of how quiet the royal family is, even months after the wedding, people are starting to grow concerned."

Jongin lets out a tiny sigh of relief. "We've been here for a month now. D-Do you perhaps know..what w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter