One Last Thing

Searching For Luhan (Sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"He's his what?!"

Kyungsoo and Jongin immeidately sit up towards the door as Sehun half storms into the apartment.

No one knew where to begin. Should Kyungsoo continue on aout Luhan's job? Should Jongin explain why Kyungsoo was in their apartment? Or should Sehun rage about how confused he was about the entire situation?

"Sehun.." Kyungsoo says, his eyes still wide. He hadn't seen the prince since the day he left the palace. It was strange to think that the three of them were all standing in the same place, and all that was missing was Luhan.

"Sehun, I can explai-"

"I don't care, just- what did you say Luhan was?" Sehun asks, as if he had heard Kyungsoo the first time but couldn't believe it.

"H-His substitute."

Sehun lets out a sigh and almost laughs at the situation. "This is absurd."

"That's one way to put it." Jongin says and Sehun glares at his friend.

"What about you? Seeing how comfortable you two are, I don't think this is the first time you guys are seeing each other."

Jongin and Kyungsoo both turn pink for embarrassment and panic.

"It was all set up by Ren.  He blackmailed s both and-"

"Wait, what?" Sehun narrowed his eyes. He couldn't process the words being said.

"The reason why I know that Luhan works for Ren is because Ren came to me. He asked me to keep this a secret."

Sehun paced in front of the two men sitting down.

"I-I still don't understand..If Luhan is Ren's subsititute, what does that have to do with you two being together? Why would Ren have to blackmail you?"

"It's kind of a long story.." Kyungsoo says slowly.

Just then, Sehun's phone vibrates and the tall male pulls the device from his pocket.

"- Luhan's coming up right now."

"Wait, what!? Right now? Here?" Kyungsoo says, standing up from the couch.

"I invited him over so that we could speak privately but I'm guessing there are some things we all need to discuss."

Within three minutes, there was a hesitant knock on the door and Sehun immediately gets up to open it.

He pulls the door open, revealing Luhan with a dark mask and a cap on his head. The minute he looked up and his eyes met Sehun's. Luhan could feel his cheeks turn bright pink.

"Sehun.." Luhan mumbles and Sehun reaches for his hand to pull him in.

"We need to talk."

Just as Luhan entered the apartment, he was attacked by a shorter male.

"Hyung!"

Luhan could recognize that voice anywhere and it was the first time he was hearing it in months.

"K-Kyungsoo?!" Luhan's eyes widen and his arms went around the hug his best friend. "You're in China!?"

"I have been for the past few months..I left Korea after you did.."

When they pull away, Luhan also seeing Jongin sending him a smile.

"Jongin."

Luhan comes back to his senses when Sehun gives his hand a tight squeeze. Kyungsoo and Jongin sit on the large couch while Sehun grabs two chairs from the dining room for him and Luhan to sit on.

"Luhan, tell me." Sehun says, looking at the man beside him. "Are you Ren's sub?"

Luhan tenses for a moment and Sehun can only hope for one answer.

If he is, we can all return to Korea. If he is, we can finally leave.

"Yes.."

Sehun lets out a sigh of relief before turning to Luhan. "Is that why you were saying you were Ren?"

Luhan nodded. "Ren was in the hospital and they needed me to pretend like Ren was fine to hide the incident..I didn't mean to deceive anyone."

Sehun glides his thumb over the top of Luhan's hand in apology. "I'm sorry..for accusing you that day..It became quite a mess with the scandal too.."

Luhan frowned. "If only I was able to tell you sooner.."

"Could someone please explain to me how this all happened?" Sehun says, still confused.

Kyungsoo leans forward.

"I was telling Jongin this earlier..I had first mistaken Ren for Luhan but when I was delivering food one day to the Windler building, I saw Ren.. and Luhan. I was told to keep this a secret but I was never able to speak to Luhan. Later, it turns out that Ren found out Jongin was looking for me..."

Kyungsoo nudged his boyfriend and Jongin cleared his throat. "Y-Yeah..well, Ren basically said that he would tell me where Kungsoo was if I didn't telll you that Ren had a substitute. But even then, I didn't know Luhan was that sub."

Sehun tried to piece everything together. "Well, why would Ren try to hide the sub from me?"

Luhan frowned. "Ren..he's always been very insecure about his acting skills. I'm not surprised that he's trying to deny my job at his company as his double."

"Wait, hyung," Kyungsoo looks at Luhan. "How did you even become Ren's sub?"

Luhan rubbed the back on his neck. "It was a while ago, when Ren started to become famous..His manager mistook me for Ren and the two of us, Ren and I, ended up at a photo shoot in the main building. It got awkward when people saw me at first..But eventually, the CEO came and decided to make me an official employee, as Ren's substitute."

Jongin nods. "That sounds reasonable of him. Why have one really popular idol when you can also have someone who looks nearly identical to him?"

Kyungsoo elbows Jongin.

"The thing is..Ren is actually lonely and I feel responsible for him. He never had much parental guidance and his mother left him when he was younger. As a child star, Ren was able to get most of the things he wanted so when he was told he was going to have a substitute, he was pretty upset. I didn't think that he would take it to this extent and black mail you guys into keeping me away from Sehun." Luhan says.

"Well, what did Ren tell you?" Sehun looks at Kyungsoo.

"He said that Jongin would be looking for me but I didn't believe it. I mean, I hadn't seen or heard that Jongin was in China after two months so I didn't think much of it. Bu he said that if he asked, I would deny that I knew where and who Luhan was."

"Why would Ren tell you to do that? What does he have against Luhan?" Sehun asks and Jongin frowns.

"I don't know how you don't see it, but Ren's really in love with you." Jongin says. "You even said he confessed to you. It's pretty obvious that he's trying to his his sub, whether it was Luhan or not, because he doesn't want you to notice someone else. If you saw someone who looked exactly lik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter