Mission 1

Searching For Luhan (Sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There hadn't been a day that Sehun hadn't thought of him .

Him.

No one had dared to say his name out loud other than the young prince himself, but even those occasions were very rare.

The day he had left, Sehun had searched the entire palace, every room on every floor, demanding that the Chinese male was to be found. He had been too shocked by the sudden news and refused to believe he had left.

Sehun's first instinct was anger. He didn't understand why he had left and became angry at Halmeoni. 

"Do something! Find him! Send an army, I don't care! I just need tell him- I need to!" Sehun yelled at Halmeoni running his hand through his hair. Common sense had left and his desperate expression only saddened the old woman. She knew she couldn't do anything to bring his lover back. He had left on his own and she, too was heartbroken without an explaination or farewell.

"I thought you said you loved him like your own grandson! Why aren't you going after him? Don't you love the both us enough to at least find him?!" Sehun couldn't help but blame Halmeoni for letting him leave but soon, his anger drifted to the Chinese male.

"How could he just leave! After all we've done for him, too! He comes, enjoys the luxurious life of royalty, seduces the crown prince of Korea, then ing leaves?! I knew he was up to something- The next time I see him, I be sure to sue him- no, send him to the dungeons! I hate him! I hate him!"

After a few days of mindlessly ranting and being in denial (as Jongin says), Sehun second instinct reactoon was sadness. His anger had comepletely faded and all he had left was a hole in his chest.

The next 3 weeks, Sehun locked himself up in his room. It was like his parent's death all over again. His emotions had been played and now, he was once more abandoned.

Haru was immediately removed from the palace, along with Gorou Matsunaga and the two traveled back to Japan. This conflict had heavily impacted their business relationship and Korea's trust with Japan.

Eventually Kyungsoo, too, left the palace, sadly explaining that he had to reason to stay in castle any longer seeing that Luhan had left without any connections to the royal family. This was unfortunate for Jongin, as they had to part with several hugs and sneaked kisses before Kyungsoo walked out the main doors, heading back to his resturant.

Everything seemed to be undone in a spell. Everything was going in reverse too quickly. 

One second, Sehun was to be wedded to the Japanese princess and the next, the wedding is canceled, shocking all across the kingdom. It had been the second time and even Halmeoni was upset to post-pone the announcement of Korea's new rulers.

"Sehun.." Jongin knocks on the wooden door with caution, pressing his ear closer but as usual, there was no sound from the other side. It was difficult to be there for his best friend when he was being completely blocked out. Not to mention, he himself and his loving boyfriend were no longer together. It felt weird to be in such a large, empty palace again. It was clear that even the staff were awkward with what to do. The days felt longer and less exciting, which also seemed to drain the energy out of Halmeoni.

After two months, Sehun had finally gotten himself out of his room and began to spend most of his times wandering the endless hallways. He was a lifeless soul, traveling the corridors without much purpose or enthusiasm. He had once told Jongin, who had pull his aside for a quick conversation after a week of observing his friend.

"Sehun..what the hell are you doing?"

Sehun shrugged.

"Who are you? How did you become- this?!" Jongin gripped Sehun's shoulder but Sehun avoided his gaze.

"Leave me alone, Jongin.."

Can't you go to the garden at least? Or..Or go to the library and read a bo-"

"I can't, Jongin. I can't. He's there." Sehun says with a heartbroken glance to the distance.

"Who?"

"Him..He's there in my memories. How can I go to the rose garden knowing that Luhan loved to take carefree strolls there in the early afternoon? How can I go to the library knowing that I had harshly rejected his confession there? How can I go to mother's garden knowing that- that he won't be there? What can I do when everything in this damn palace reminds me of his hazel eyes and eautiful smile? What am I supposed to do if-.."

Sehun pauses and Jongin pats his shoulder.

"It's okay. We're suffering this together."

"Kyungsoo didn't run away from you!"

Jongin frowns. "I didn't push him away to marry a princess."

Sehun can't help but feel worse. "I know...I know."

"Let's go outside. You're getting a bit too pale"

After 4 months, Sehun began eating each meal with Halmeoni and Jongin. Yixing and Kris had left 3 days after the wedding to meet a famous traditional painter in Canada so the dinner table still felt empty. Mackerel was no longer served as a daily dish and Sehun often barely ate fish anymore.

"You can't just eat rice and beef..Have some vegetables, Sehun-"

"I'm fine." Sehun would mumble before getting up from his seat to return to his room.

Everything became clearer 5 days later when the palace

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter