Motivation

Searching For Luhan (Sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sehun, it's been nearly a week since we came here." Sehun says as he and Jongin eat their breakfast. For Jongin, it was easier to get accustomed to the different culture and foods but for Sehun and his picky food choices, it was difficult even just to choose breakfast. They had settled on porridge from the restaurant across the street. Often times, they would just order take out to refrain from dealing with crowds of people.

"Yeah, and?" Jongin spooned the hot, liquid rice into his mouth.

"There's no sign of Luhan or Kyungsoo. I know we just started but I can't help but feel disheartened by this." Sehun swirls his spoon in his bowl of food.

"Can't you be a little bit more motivated? You were all excited to find him first." Jongin frowns.

"I know, I know...but this just seems like a wild goose chase the more I think about it. What if Luhan changed? What if he dyed his hair purple? Or blue? Or what if he just shaved his hair all together!? What if he grew a hair beard on his flawless, smooth face? What if-"

"Calm down, Sehun. I'm sure Luhan will be at least recognizable..and besides, Halmeoni must have known something. She wouldn't have just rashly sent us here without knowing whether or not we could actually find them."

"Maybe I'm just being impatient..."

"I think so. Don't worry, we'll go out to the southern area today after we finish up." Jongin hints at Sehun's nearly full bowl of porridge still sitting in front of him.

"Ugh!..Chinese food just tastes like white rice!" Sehun pouted.

"It is white rice, dumba-"

The second Sehun glared at him, Jongin shoved his spoon in his mouth.

"!" he yelps as the burning liquid stings his tongue.

Sehun only laughs at his friend's pain. "Serves you right."

--

"How the hell do we find one person in this huge city?!" Sehun exclaims as he and Jongin strolled down the crowded side walk. The first day they had arrived, Sehun nearly started two street fights because of the lack of personal space he had in the multitudes of people. Luckily, Jongin had been there to stop him before muttering a 'sorry' and pulling Sehun away.

"To be honest, I'm not sure but at least we can get familiar with the streets. We'll proably be here for a while."

After 4 long hours, Sehun's legs gave out. For someone as fit as he was, he seemed to be conquered by Beijing's natives. Jongin suggested to stop at a cafe for coffee, which Shun happily agreed to. They sat in the corner beside the glass window, observing the people who passed by.

"I'm really starting to lose hope now. I can barely ask people if they know Luhan! My Chinese has become that bad." Sehun sulks and takes a sip of his latte.

"I heard a few people speaking in Korean but I doubt they'd be of any use to us if they don't live here." Jongin says before thinking of another idea.

"Maybe we could put up wanted posters?"

Sehun raises one eyebrow. "Us? Draw Luhan? If anyone saw it, they'd think Luhan was an alien who went to the wrong plastic surgeon."

Jongin rolled his eyes. "We can use a real photo. We both know we can't draw to save our lives."

Sehun sighs. "I don't have any photos of Luhan..To be completely honest, even I've slightly forgotten how he looks. I mean, I remember because I think about him all the time but its a blurry memory. I last saw him nearly 4 months ago..its quite a long time."

Jongin can't help but feel sad with Sehun. They were two heartbroken men in search of their lovers in a different country.

"I feel you, man..I miss Kyungsoo so much. And not to hurt your feelings or anything but Soo and I actually had something. We got together so quickly and when he just left, I felt like he took my heart with him. I wanted to mope and cry my heart out but I felt like I didn't have the right to. Kyungsoo and I were never supposed to be together but because Luhan and you were going to get married, Kyungsoo and I were lucky enough to have each other for those few months. For the first time, staying in the palace actually seemed fun. We actually all felt like family, a real one."

Sehun stared down at his cup but Jongin knew Sehun was listening.

"I'm away from my family most of the time to be in the palace. Your parents, with all love and respect, are no longer here..Soo, his family disowned him for being gay and met Luhan here, in China. Luhan's parents passed away when he was younger and his grandmother soon did, too. That was why Halmeoni took him in to be her grandso-"

"Wait, what?" Sehun furrowed his eyebrows. "Why did Halmeoni take Luhan in?"

Jongin tried to remember clearly. "I'm pretty sure Soo said something about Halmeoni wanting to give Luhan a family.."

Sehun held the warm cup of coffee in his hands tightly. "I-I just blamed him for wanting money..I knew his parents passed away but.."

"Halmeoni really loved him as her own because of how cold you were towards her. I mean, at first, I didn't understand her reasoning but I think it really maks a lot of sense if you put yourself into her position. You were probably the worst grandson and heir to the throne anyone could ask for. Of course, she'd be concerned."

"I don't know whether to be angry or thankful for what she did.."

"Well..she did bring Luhan to you. Literally."

*Flashback*

"Who is this? I don't remember inviting peasants to my wedding." A cold voice says behind Luhan, who still refused to turn around.

"Sehu-" Halmeoni was cut off by Sehun's laugh.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter