Reasons (Why)

Searching For Luhan (Sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan couldn't tell if it was fear or joy that knocked on his chest at the sight of the blonde haired boy.

No, he wasn't a boy, but in fact a man. Luhan's eyes traveled from his broad shoulders, down his slim torso and long legs, before looking back up at the man's eyes.

It was him.

"S-Sehun.."

The girl behind the counter paused, looking between the two men.

Luhan didn't know whether to run away or into Sehun's arms. Either way, his legs wouldn't move and his hands trembled.

For the first time in months, the name slipped out of his lips, twisting his heart in an uncomfortable way.

"Lu.." was all that came out of Sehun's mouth before the shorter male backed away and ran out the door. Sehun, although dazed at first, was quick enough to run after him, suddenly noticing the crowd of people around Luhan at the corner of the block.

"Ling ge," Luhan says into the phone.

"What? What happened?"

"I- He-"

"He? Who's he? Are you alright?"

Luhan couldn't turn around and instead, continued walking straight. With all Ren's fans around him, he couldn't ruin the idol's image.

"I need you to come here."

"Where?" Luhan could hear the engine start on the other end.

"A few streets down from Anne's Ice cream..Uh," Luhan looked around. "I'll-"

Before Luhan could even finish his words, there was a warm hand on his and he was harshly tugged to run. It didn't take him long to realize who it was.

Why is he here?!

Sehun didn't turn around, not did he say a word, until they were both far away from the crowd. They must have walked - or ran rather- 10 streets down before they lost the fans. Luhan was catching his breath as they turned into a dead end alley way. 

Luhan immediately pulls his hand out of Sehun's grasp. Sehun had to admit, it hurt. But then again, how had he expected Luhan to react after so many months. He would have probably done the same if it was the other way around.

"I can't believe you'd think of running from me." Sehun says, recovering much more quickly than Luhan was. It felt so strange to be standing with the other male, out in the streets of China. Everything seemed so out of place, yet it also felt like deja vu.

"What did you expect me to do?" Luhan says, pulling off his shades before leaning against the brick wall of the building.

Sehun looked at the man in front of him. It really was Luhan.

"I-I don't know.." Sehun stepped forward and Luhan looks at him, taking in slow heavy breaths.

"Well, if you're done-"

"I'm not!" Sehun immediately says. He had rehearsed for this moment for so long but when it actually came to the moment where he and Luhan stood before each other, he was speechless. It was too overwhelming and familiar at the same time.

Luhan was different. He became more independent. Sehun could tell just by how Luhan had looked at him. His gaze was no longer innocent and pure but of someone who had experienced pain and hardships. He had lost some weight compared to how Sehun had remembered him, and his hair was dyed a lighter shade of brown, identical to-

"Why? Why are you pretending to be Ren?" Sehun asks and Luhan looks away.

"It's what I do."

"What you do?" Sehun asks in disbelief.

"I have to make a living somehow." Luhan says casually, looking at the ground between them.

"I can't believe this..You're deceiving all these people because you need money?!" Sehun says, unconsciously raising his voice.

Luhan's head immediately snaps up and he frowns. "Me? Deceiving people? You're one to talk!"

Sehun fell silent, knowing that Luhan was already digging up their past. He swallows, knowing that it had to be mentioned somehow.

"L-Let's talk somewhere els-"

"No, say what you have to say now or don't say anything."

Sehun furrows his brows. "What?"

"I don't intend on meeting you again. Don't act like we're long lost friends."

Sehun didn't, he couldn't, understand why Luhan was acting like this.

"Luhan, h- why?" Sehun walked up to the shorter male. "Why do you keep running away?"

"If you'd stop chasing, I wouldn't have to." Luhan says softly, looking up at Sehun before turning his head to face the street.

"Can....can we please, talk somewhere else?"

Luhan crossed his arms. "I'm not in any state to be seen right now. Unless you want hundreds of girls to listen into our conversation."

Sehun sighs and nods. "Fine, we'll talk here. But you can't leave until I'm done."

Luhan thinks for a second before nodding as well. "Fine."

It just crossed his mind how they were talking in Korean. The language came to him so naturally.

Sehun eyes Luhan before taking a step back, despite his brain telling him to pull Luhan into a tight hug. Just holding his hand earlier was driving him insane. His heart was pounding in his chest to the point where it felt like he would explode but he couldn't waste time. He had waiting half a year for this moment.

"Where should I start?" Sehun says, mostly to himself but Luhan replies.

'"Wherever you left off." Sehun could tell there was more meaning to his words. It referred to a story only they two knew of.

"The wedding.." Sehun could almost see Luhan cringe at the memory.  "Haru and I didn't get married."

Sehun could see Luhan's eyes drift down to his left hand and he lifted it up to show proof. "Apparently she broke the agreement before I did, with you."

Luhan looks at Sehun. "What do you want me to do?"

Sehun hadn't expected that kind of response but he was determined to convince Luhan.

"I want you to believe m-"

"I do." Luhan says too easily.

"And, I want you to accept me."

There, Luhan's brea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter