Ready or Not

Searching For Luhan (Sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You can't be serious. Do you have any idea what you're getting yourself into?" Jongin asks as he watches Sehun pace around his room.

"This is a last chance to turn things around. This is my last opportunity to get him back!" Sehun turns around to his best friend with a hopeful look in his expression.

"After what- four, nearly five months? What makes you think he still wants you?" Jongin knew his words were harsh but they were the truth. Why would Halmeoni even think of such a thing? It was imposible to begin with.

"I can just feel it. He's out there, waiting for me to find him." Sehun looks out the window as if he could see China. Jongin sighs.

"Sehun, you do realize he walked out on you on your wedding day? He left you! Why would you not just let him go?"

"Because I love him! And this time there's nothing to hold me back." Sehun walks over to his dresser and pulled out a wooden box from one of the drawers with caution. The box was a rich chocolate color with beautiful engravings on the cover and its sides.

"I think you've seriously lost your mind," Jongin says as Sehun gently lifts the silver keychain from inside the small box.

*Flashback*

"I never want to see your face again. Get the out." Sehun says lowly as Haru approaches him. Halmeoni stood behind Sehun with Jongin and Gorou was in the carriage outside, waiting for his daughter.

"Whatever. " Just as she was about to leave, Haru turned back around with a sly smile. "Before I forget, I think you want this back."

From her sparkly clutch, she throws a tiny object over and he catches it swiftly with one hand, his expression not changing, before she finally exits the palace doors. The obect was familiar and it only took 2 seconds for Sehun to know what it was. Anger and confusion ran through his brain.

"Why does she have this?!" Sehun runs his thumb over the smooth surface of the letter.

"Sehun, wh-"

"I swear, if I ever have to see her face again, I will murder her!" Sehun threatens as he turns to his grandmother and his best friend, before stomping off to his room, holding the keychain tightly in his palm. He would rather not know how Haru had gotten it, but what mattered most was that it was now in the hands of its rightful owner.

*End of Flashback*

"I wanted you to get out of your room but not get out to the point of leaving Korea, your own country! I thought you were over Luhan now."

It was the first time Jongin, or anyone really, had said his name out loud in front of Sehun. Sehun tensed over the word but took a deep breath.

"I thought I was too but how can I be? We didn't even finish what we started."

"You guys didn't even start. You knocked him out of the rink before he could even confess!" Jongin frowned, remembering what Kyungsoo had told him.

"What about you? Don't you miss Kyungso-"

"This isn't about me Sehun. This is about you leaving to find L-"

"Just answer my question. Do you still love Kyungsoo?"

Jongin hesitated but answered nonetheless. "Yes...very much."

"Exactly. It's only been two months since he sent that letter about moving to China..Don't you want to embrace him in a hug? Don't you want to hold his hand and pull him in for a kiss? Don't you just want to talk to him for hours about everything and anything? Don't you want to lay next to him, doing nothing for hours, and just enjoy the warmth of his body beside yours?" Sehun questions passionately as if he could relate.

"I-I do, but it doesn't change anything. We've broken up and we've moved on now. We're done. It was all the past."

"Are you trying to convince me or yourself?" Sehun says and Jongin can only stare at the ground.

"Both. I don't want you to go and I don't want myself to yearn for Soo. I don't want this. They're gone! They might not even be together in China! Why can't things go back to normal?! Why aren't you, all of us, continuing our lives like it was the way before they came?" Jongin puts his head in his hands, frustration dripping in his voice.

"Because we're human, Jongin. We desire love from other people. We crave affection from the people we love and love the people we hurt."

Jongin lifts his head and stares at Sehun in disbelief. "What kind of books have you been reading lately?" He laughs.

Sehun chuckles with him. "Just a book."

"Some book my . It's got you spouting out deep poetic things that I have never heard you mention in all these years I've known you."

"Love does that to us sometimes-"

"Oh shut up, Sehun!" Jongin says with a smile but Sehun only shrugs.

"So what do you say?"

"What else am I supposed to say?" Jongin groans, flopping on the bed. Sehun smiles to himself because he knows he's won. He knows he's convinced Jongin.

"Alright, it's settled then. We're going to China."

--

"We'll be back Halmeoni!" Jongin exclaims with a smile as he pulls back from a hug. He would dearly miss the older woman who he cons

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter