The Owner 3

버클's One Shot Collection

I leaned against the wall as I waited for you to arrive. This all happened on the very day I came to Korea, and 2 months has passed, I still feel that the entire occurrence was a bizarre event.

Coming to Korea itself was an opportunity I never thought I would have. Being an avid kpop fan, I dreamt of visiting the country that lives most of my favourite dramas and reality shows, it is where my idols bloom and shine on the stage that they always dreamt of. Add to the fact that my trip was sponsored by the company I am working for, with air tickets and accommodation being provided, all I had to do was to work and produce some music, which is my forte.

The best part of coming to this Korea isn’t about the job, nor is it the opportunity to meet some kpop stars to discuss about the concept of songs, neither is it that I’ve met some colleagues that I now see them as best friends, but rather, meeting the love of my life, you.

I may sound scary, confessing my love for you when we barely met. Our first meeting was when I returned you your phone when you lost it at the airport on the day I landed.

Since then, I have been seeing stuffs I couldn’t imagine I would see. Seeing things that has happened to you, and sometimes, even feeling how you felt. Through these “memories”, I got to know you, and felt my heart fluttering for you even though it was just a three-day thing before I returned your phone to you after your sister called your phone only to find me on the other line.

Your sister suggested to treat me with a meal as a way for thanking me, but unfortunately, I had plans with some friends after meeting the two of you. I was disappointed then because I couldn’t get to know you if that was the case, but you suggested to do this another day, which was how I got your number.

Our meal was however postponed several times as well since you had to go to work at the very last-minute or I was too caught up with my work that I didn’t have time for meals, which was why we are meeting slightly less than 2 months after returning your phone.

I looked at my watch as I stood near the entrance of the restaurant where we are supposed to eat. You were slightly late probably due to the peak hour jam. I took out my phone and started to scroll on my twitter and snapchat feeds. Then, it was as if something called out to me in order for me to lift my head up. I probably heard it wrong, but I saw you running towards me, your long hair and bangs bounced up and down while running. You stopped in front of me, legs slightly bent down, and your hands resting on your knees as you panted.

“Sorry I am late!” you apologised.

“Nah that’s fine. It’s only five minutes.” I assured.

“I had to finish up what I started at work so that my colleagues wouldn’t be too busy since we are slightly short-handed today.” You explain.

“Yeah, that happens.” I nodded.

“Let’s go in then~” you suggested.

We were then led to a table and we settled down before deciding what to order.

We are at a sushi belt restaurant, and we had a pretty good seat since we are near where the staffs places the sushi on the belt, so we could take dishes that we want without the fear of them getting snatched by someone sitting in front of us.

“Be my guest, don’t need to think on how to save money. It’s my treat as a form of a thank you.” you said as I took a plate from the belt.

I nodded.

The atmosphere then turned awkward as I ate.

“Where is Jessica?” I broke the ice, trying to warm you and the atmosphere up.

“Oh, unnie has something on at the last-minute so she couldn’t make it. She didn’t want to spoil our plans since it has delayed for a while.” You explained.

“Ahh, I see.” I said as a stuffed a piece of salmon sashimi into my mouth.

We returned back to the awkward atmosphere, but this time, slightly less awkward.

“Sooo… uhmmm… what do you do?” I asked.

“Oh, nothing much at the moment. Just working on some part-time jobs before I start college.”

I nodded.

“How about you?” you asked, warming up to me.

“I am here in Korea for an internship of 3 months working as a music producer for a recording company, but it is very likely that it would be extended.” I said.

“That’s interesting! I am taking Arts as my major since I am aspiring to be a singer.” You said as your eyes glinted with hope and excitement. Something that I didn’t see during the three days I saw your phone’s memories. I no longer see the lost Krystal then, which was assuring to know.

“Really? Then there is a chance that I might help you to produce music!” I said in excitement.

You nodded your head vigorously.

We ended the meal when we filled our stomach, with it being paid by your sister’s credit card since she wanted to pay for it, plus you aren’t earning much.

“Sooooo, if I have any questions, can I ask you?” you asked as we strolled in the shopping mall.

“I’m cool with that. Feel free to do so.” I agreed.

After a little bit of chatting and strolling, we bid goodbye since it was getting late, and you were tired after a day at work.

It was after a few days, whereby I received the message that my internship would be extended to 2 years since the company was satisfied with my work and decided to let me stay in Korea to complete the internship since the rest of the duration was supposed to be completed back in the States.

I was over the moon because it meant more contact with you and the environment here.

Then, unknowingly, a year passed.

During that year, we do meetup since you had questions to ask, and in return, you would bring me to places around Korea, which was a good experience since all Min could do was to bring me places with good food. You brought me to places with nice scenery and quiet places away from the city, and sometimes, I could find inspiration from these places.

You did told me as well that you have been singing covers on YouTube recently, but I did not have the time to check them out since work was piling up after my short 3-day leave from work.

I was sitting on my desk as I compose away, very into the music that I am working on. But I was disturb by my manager who tapped me on my shoulder from behind.

“Come into my office for a while, I need to discuss something with you.” he said in a serious tone

I was shock for a moment, followed by feeling nervous, as I was scared that I did something wrong somewhere.

“You don’t have to worry, I won’t be scolding you.” he assured.

I nodded my head nervously, still not buying it.

He let out a smile before continuing.

”One of our staffs recently found this girl on YouTube singing covers and I really like her voice. I am pushing you to be her music producer because we have plans to let her release an album, provided that she agrees. Hear, listen to her voice.” He said as he passed me a pair of earpiece.

I plugged them into my ears as he played the song.

Hearing the song and that voice made me relax and see the reason why my manager wanted to sign her and release an album for her.

He then passed me her particulars which shocked me.

“Here’s her particulars. Currently an Arts major student in her second year. I could see the potential in her, and she would be coming in to discuss the contract details tomorrow.”

My jaw dropped.

On the top of the page read, “Krystal Jung Soojung” under the “name” row.

“THIS IS TOO MUCH OF A COINCIDENCE!!!!” I thought and screamed in my mind.

“So will you take on this new challenge?” He asked.

“Yes!!!! I will!!!!!” I said in excitement.

“Good! Then we will have a meeting with her next week to discuss the details regarding this project if she agrees.” He said.

The next day, you came in and signed the project, as well as officially being the first artist that I am helping to do a full album for. Usually I would do one or two songs in an album, however this time, more than 80% of the music would be produced by me and you are going to be my singer.

You were shock to find that I would be your music producer too, but felt at ease again since we both know each other.

It was another 4 months of preparing the album, and you will be performing you first performance really soon.

I could see how excited you are since you are going to fulfil your dream. You were almost in tears when the first edition of the album came out. You were jumping and hugging me as I passed it to you. And tomorrow, you are going to perform one of the songs on a showcase.

You stood nervously beside me backstage because you will be going up on stage really soon. You are slightly panicking and having a little stage fright, however, I was beside you calming you down. Jessica and your parents came too, to support you. Your sister even got a food truck to treat us as a form of thank you and support you.

“Take deep breathes and you will be alright! Just imagine how much you endured and wish for this day to happen!” I tried calming your nerves.

“KRYSTAL JUNG! YOU ARE NEXT!” shouted the stage staffs.

You were trembling by then, and in order to calm you down, I held onto your shaking hands.

“Can you do me a favour?” you asked.

“It will really help.” You continued.

“Sur…” before I could finish, I felt something soft on my lips, followed by something mango flavoured.

I was stunned but could see you just right in front of me, and I heard something like… “I love you.”

I stood rooted to the ground in shock.

Nobody saw what happened because they were all busy and it was dark here.

“Krystal! You have to go on stage now!” the staff said.

“Sorry, I just needed this.” You apologised before running to the stage.

However, I pulled you back and gave you another peck on the lips before saying, “I love you too.”

That performance was the best performance ever. 

 

A/N: sorry that i took too long to get this out~ i had a little block on getting this out, and then i got busy again. writing this around 3-4am in the morning is getting me hungry, especially the sushi belt part.... sushi and sashimi is my favouriteeeee and i have this craving to eat it now..... -.- heheheheh. 

aaaaaaaanddddddd this marks the end of The Owner! thank you for supporting this series! i just cracked my brain a little in order to not make this final chapter very cliche, which i think it is... a little...... 

and also, i have something to say... i will be going on a hiatus now that i finished The Owner. in fact, i have already started my hiatus on kpop, but i had to finish this in order not to disappoint you all. now that i am done, i will go on a full fledge hiatus since i will be starting school soon~ but i will still write whenver i have the inspiration to! so thank you for supporting me all these while! i never thought that i would be gaining upvotes and subs since i didnt really promote this fic. i also didnt expect myself to be writing....... so i was so happy whenever i see an upvote or a comment you all give me! thank you all so much! *bows*

i will finally mark this story under "completed" unless i am back to writing, then i will remove it. 

until then! byebye my beloved readers! 

p.s: if any of you miss me, feel free to leave a comment under any of my stories, or pm me if you like! goodbye for real! i gotta go sleep nowwww! ^^