Pact

버클's One Shot Collection

Year: 2000

“Hey Krystal!” Amber caught up to the former who is walking in front of her out of the school gate.

“What’s up stupid?” the girl in wavy long-hair turned to her best friend.

“Nothing’s up. Just walking home with another stupid,” answered Amber as she stuck out her tongue.

“YAH!” Krystal cried out and chased Amber down the road.

After a short walk home, the best friends are chilling in Krystal’s room, each with a book in their hands.

“Soojung… I’ve been thinking something lately…” Amber called by Krystal’s Korean name, something which she does whenever she is serious about something.

Sensing something that is in need of discussion, Krystal put her book down and listened.

“You know… let’s say… uhmmm…” Amber stammered.

“Shoot it stupid, I don’t know what you are thinking.”

“Right. Okay…” Amber took a deep breathe and continued, “If, I mean if. If we are still single when we are 30, wanna get married and stay together for the rest of our lives?”

“Me and you for the rest of our lives…? With you…?” Krystal said while looking disgusted.

“No girl gets married to another girl stupid!” Krystal added.

“But I’m serious!!” Amber defended.

“Ugh. Fine. Deal!” Krystal grunted unwillingly.

“Well! That is a promise!!” grinned Amber as Krystal rolled her eyes.

Year: 2004

“Hey Amber~ Nice to see you over for breakfast~” Krystal sang as she walked into her kitchen one early morning.

The girls’ families are close to one another as well, frequently having meals over at any one of their houses and take trips overseas as if they were a big family.

“Nifffe to sheee you too” Amber replied as she shoves a piece of ham into .

“Don’t talk while you eat Amber, you might choke.” Krystal’s mother replied.

“What’s up Krystal? You look really happy today!” Jessica, Krystal’s sister pointed out.

“Oh, nothing much~” Krystal smiled.

At the same time, her phone rang, indicating a text message has arrived, Krystal picked up her phone immediately and started typing away while smiling.

“Something’s definitely up with her. She is not devouring on her breakfast like she used to every morning!” Amber concluded.

“YAH! Since when did I do that?!” Krystal glared.

“Every morning!” Amber replied.

“Oh, you are so dead Liu Yiyun…” Krystal said while pointing the fork towards Amber who is sitting opposite her, causing Amber to shun a little.

“Oh, I am not afraid of you…” Amber claimed.

“Fine, I am going to let you go since I am in a good mood this morning.”

“Pfft, not because you can’t win me?”

“You say that one more time!”

The breakfast ended with more bickering that the Jungs and Lius are used to by now.

It was when Amber got to school, that she found out the reason for Krystal’s happy spirit all morning, and Amber is not amused at all.

What greeted the both of them was the school’s cutest heart throb, Lee Min-hyuk, in front of Krystal’s locker as if he is waiting for her, and all of his fangirls gathered around him (and Krystal’s locker), causing a blockage in the school hall.

What was shocking was Krystal jogging towards Min-hyuk and gave him a hug, followed by a kiss in his cheek.

Amber rubbed her eyes again. And again. She never saw her best friend of 16 years behaving like that towards another human being, much less her.

“You didn’t tell me you are dating him!” Amber exclaimed.

“Do I need to report to you whatever I am doing?” Krystal asked.

“N-n-no, of course not.”

“There, you have your answer. I don’t have to tell you that I am dating Min-hyuk.”

“Ughhh. Fine! Don't look for me to cry over your breakup!” Amber roared. 

"I swear I won't!" Krystal shouted back.

Year: 2012

“And I thought he is going to be the one for meeeeeee” cried Krystal out loud.

The best friends are in Amber’s room, with beer and tissues, as Krystal is crying over with yet another breakup.

“Ugh. So how did it happen again?” asked Amber as she pulled out two more pieces of tissue for Krystal to wipe off those tears big enough to make a cup of boba milk tea flood Amber’s room.

“He… *sniff sniff* said I was too good for him *sniff sniff* and wanted more alone time with me *sniff*”

“Didn’t you spend lots of time with him?” asked Amber.

“Yeah I did… but he said it is not enough… he wanted movie dates, and to travel with me…”

“Well? What is wrong with me watching the movie I want with the two of you?? What is wrong with travelling with the two of you?? You guys could treat me as another movie go-er, or someone who is in the same tour as you!” Amber reasoned.

“Exactly, but he wouldn’t take any of it!”

*ding dong* *ding dong*

“Who is at the door?” Krystal asked.

“Oh, I ordered some chicken and grilled beef at your favourite restaurant, thinking you might need it.”

“Oh my gosh! Yes I do! Let’s go and have some of them!” answered Krystal enthusiastically, as if she wasn’t a crying mess earlier.

“Why do you have such bad luck with guys? It is either they cheated on you or abused you. You have never, I repeat, never, met someone nice!” Amber ranted over chicken and beef.

Krystal shrugged.

“How am I going to marry you off like this? I am not going to trust any other guys…” Amber continued.

Krystal giggled.

“What? It is the fact! I need to ensure that you are well taken care of, and the man that you are going to marry treats you better than I do!” Amber defended.

Krystal let out a smile, knowing how much Amber spoils her.

Cravings in the middle of the night? Amber delivery service is here.

Wanting to talk anytime anywhere? Amber’s hotline is here to save the day.

In need of files for work? Amber courier service is always online.

Sadly, none of Krystal’s exes would be willing to do those for Krystal. First, they would complain that she is demanding, and the next thing she knew would be that they would be blaming Amber for sticking with Krystal 24/7.

And Amber knows all too well that she spoils Krystal a lot. Who wouldn’t? Krystal is Amber’s princess right when they were born. No man is going snatch her away from Amber just like that.

“Hey, remember that pact we did when we were 12?” Amber asked as she sipped her bottle of beer.

“What pact?” Krystal asks while on the chicken bone.

“The pact where we said that we would marry each other if we were still single when we are 30.”

“Wait… that’s the pact? I thought you were joking!” Krystal claimed. 

“I’m not… and by the looks of it, we are right on our way to marriage life!” Amber let out a wide grin. 

“Y-y-yah! Don’t be silly! What about you? When are you going to bring a guy to me and announce that you are dating him?” Krystal changed the topic.

“Never.”

“Why? Are you intending to be a for all of your life?” Krystal raised her eyebrow.

“N-n-no. I am not! I am just waiting for someone!” Amber stammered.

“Waiting for someone? For who?”

“For someone to realise my feelings!”

“Ugh which also meant that you have no one right now!”

“I… do…” Amber whispered inaudibly.

“Sorry, what did you say?” Krystal asked, not catching what Amber said.

“I am just saying you are right…” Amber grinned a little.

“Hah! You are do have no one?” Krystal said in disbelief.

“Well, I have you~~~” Amber said while leaning over for a hug.

“Oh stupid, get away from me!!” Krystal said as she tried to push Amber away.

“Neveeeerrrr!!!”

 

 

 

A/N: helloooo everyoneeeeeee if there is anybody here hahaha. had this idea last night and wrote it down, it is going to be a one-shot turned into a two-part series, mainly because I dont know how to continue from here, and probably because my brain is a little fried since the sun is coming up... hahaaha. do comment below on how i should continue from here, i have an idea of how it is going to end, just not sure how i should pick up after this scene... suggestions will be taken into consideration, but i might or might not put into the story, depending on what i can think of when i pick up writing this again. i should be updating this by next week latest, since i would be going on a trip over the weekends. ^^ goodbye and goodnight eveeryone ^^