Wishlist

버클's One Shot Collection

“Soooooo, what are you doing for Christmas this year??”Amber asked her girlfriend who is busy snuggling in her arms, trying to find a comfortable position to watch her favourite drama on tv with the short-haired girl.

“I don’t know. I would be busy that day…” Krystal answered in a flat tone.

“Yeah. I heard. Plus I won’t be there with you this year.” She answered glumly.

“What?! Why?! I didn’t hear of any schedules planned for you!” the shocked girl got up from her girlfriend’s arms and asked.

“I would be going back to Taiwan to visit my grandmother there. She said she misses me and wants me to be back for the festive. So I would be there from Christmas all the way to Chinese New Year. It has been some time since I went back there to celebrate and I really miss the atmosphere there.”

“Awwwww that long? It’s gonna be about two months!” Krystal sighed and whined.

“It’s okay! The two months would be gone in a blink of an eye!” the girl in her favourite black tee-shirt and Bermuda comforted.

Krystal sighed once again before changing the topic, “What is on your wishlist this Christmas then?” she asked while turning her attention to the tv and continue to snuggle into the arms of her beloved.

“I initially wanted you to follow me to Taiwan this holiday since my grandmother have been asking for you. Plus, I wanted to take you to the night markets to walk since every time we go to Taiwan, we didn’t have the chance to try those… but I asked manager-oppa and found out that something has been planned for you…” it was now Amber’s turn to sigh.

“Awwww it’s okay. We can spend the other holidays together! We can meet your grandmother when I am free next year. I heard that I would be given a holiday, so hopefully we can go by then.” The younger girl tried to cheer the older one up.

It was the week before Christmas as Krystal tried to move her big luggage all by herself in the Taiwanese airport she is in. Her girlfriend has headed off back to her hometown a week prior to her trip down, and every time they chatted over the phone, the older girl would never fail to say how much she misses the younger, and how much she wished she could be there with her to spend the holidays.

Little did she know, her girlfriend had already started planning for this little surprise a long time ago, way before Christmas.

Keeping in close contact with Jackie, Amber’s older sister, Krystal found out that her girlfriend was already planning for this trip since June and she wanted to make the effort to surprise her special servant with something since she is always on the receiving end of surprises.

In order to make this plan fool proof and knowing how much Amber wanted Krystal to go along with her, Krystal communicated with her manager and told him to tell Amber that she is busy during Christmas so that the said girl would be disappointed that her girlfriend is unable to tag along, making room for surprises.

“Ugghhh. Why did I pack so much in the first place?!” Krystal mumbled to herself while she struggled to get her big black luggage from the luggage belt.

After several minutes of what it seems like hours for Krystal, she finally got her luggage resting on the airport trolley, and is ready to push it out through the gate and start her holiday and surprise visit to her girlfriend in Taiwan.

As she pushes the trolley leisurely out from the gate, she spotted an enthusiastic adult, jumping and waving while shouting her name, attracting the attention of some tourists and locals in the airport.

Krystal then quicken her pace to greet the girl who is out to welcome her.

“Hi Jackie!” she greeted while giving the taller girl a hug.

“Hey!” the tan girl said while returning the hug.

“Amber is still clueless about you arriving and thankfully, you chose the midnight flight because the airport is usually very quiet at these timings.” Jackie started.

“She is always so dense, plus I didn’t give any hints that I am coming to spend the holidays with her. And I have to choose a midnight flight in order to minimise the attention I have here. Who knows what might happen if I take the afternoon flight when it is the peak period for arrivals and departures.”

“True. Which hotel are you staying anyway? You wouldn’t be going to our house until Sunday right??” Jackie probed.

“I’m not very sure about the name of the hotel, but here is the address.” Krystal passed Jackie a small name-card that wrote down the name of her hotel’s address. “And yes, I will only be there on Sunday. I want to look around before being captured by that llama.” Both ladies laughed.

“Are you tired? Did you eat? Are you being kept warm? I heard it is pretty cold in Korea now.” Amber released a series of questions as if she is firing a machine gun.

The couple are on the phone, it is currently evening in Taiwan, and Krystal is in her hotel room, lying on her bed while Amber is in her own room, catching up with her girlfriend.

“No I am not tired. Yes, I ate earlier. Yes, I am wearing a very thick clothing right now. Yeah, it is pretty cold now, but I am fine.” Krystal assured her girlfriend, half lying and half speaking about the truth.

“Ahhh. I missed you so much. If you are not in a photoshoot right now, I would have video-called you instead.” Answered the girl who is totally clueless about her girlfriend’s plans.

“And who is the one who planned for a long trip in the first place??” she challenged.

“I’m sorryyyyyyy.”Krystal could hear that her girlfriend pouted. “But I have to spend some time with my family too!”

“Yeah, I know and I definitely understand or else I wouldn’t have let you go and be away from my side for such a long time.” Krystal broke into a smile.

Krystal spent her first few days in Taiwan in her hotel room, looking at the facilities and enjoying what the hotel provides. And at midnight, she would head to the local 24h bookstore located near her hotel and spend the next few hours there reading.

It was finally Sunday as Krystal checked out of her room, with a much heavier luggage bag thanks to the books that she bought at the bookstore over the past few days. She struggled for a while before the bell-boy helped her to load the big bag into the taxi.

Jackie is busy keeping Amber occupied so that the latter would not have any time to think or rather to contact her girlfriend. While Amber is going through a torturous time with her sister since it has been 2 days since she last heard Krystal’s voice because the younger girl would always text her that she is busy and is unable to have phone conversations with her.

“请你带我到这里” Krystal tried to enunciate the language to the driver which translates to, “Please send me to this location” while passing a hand-written paper that Jackie wrote to the driver.

It was the address of Amber’s home in Taiwan and Krystal had learnt how to speak a few Chinese sentences from Victoria in order to make her trip easier, like now.

The driver nodded and started driving his way to the said location.

After a drive through the expressway and some tunnels, she finally made it to her destination. Taipei 101, the landmark of Taiwan could be seen from Amber’s apartment building and the smell of food from the neighbouring night market could be scented from where she was standing. It was around 5 in the evening and it was dark already, bringing out the nightlife of a Taiwanese.

Krystal looked at the address of the apartment that is placed on the wall of the entrance and compared to what was written on the piece of paper that she was given, confirming that she is at the correct location, before making her way into the lobby and dragging her big luggage along.

She entered the lift and pressed the 9th button, the floor in which Amber’s apartment is located and heaved a small sigh as she was slightly nervous as to how her girlfriend would react.

With anticipating steps, she stopped in front of a brown door and rang the bell.

The bell that rang in the apartment could be heard outside, and not long after, Krystal heard a voice of what it seems like that belongs to her girlfriend.

“Jackie! Could you help me to open the door? I am busy at the moment!”

“No! This is your apartment, you do it!” shouted the older girl since she knows who is at the door.

“I told you I am busy!” defended the girl.

“Nope. I won’t do it. I am going back to the room to finish my movie.” replied the oldest in the room.

Krystal laughed at the conversation.

After waiting patiently for the door to open up since Amber was busy and Jackie refused to open the door, the long awaited moment finally arrived.

“K-k-krystal?! What are you doing here?!” Amber was shocked to see her girlfriend at the door step with a big luggage behind her.

“Surprise!! Someone said on her wishlist that she wants me to be here to visit her grandmother and celebrate the holiday! “

“B-b-but I thought you are busy with your schedules?!” Amber still couldn’t believe her eyes that her wish actually came true.

“Nope. It was all a lie from the beginning. I told manager-oppa to clear my schedule from December all the way to February so that I could spend my time with you since I heard that you are planning for this trip in June.” Krystal smiled.

“Wait. How did you know that this trip was planned since June??” Amber asked.

“Amber, aren’t you gonna let your girlfriend in to rest?!” Jackie shouted from the living room.

“Wait. Jackie is in it too?!” Amber asked shockingly.

“Yeah, she told me those and came to the airport to fetch me when I arrived on Monday.”

“You are here since Monday?! So all those stuffs that you say like you are busy is all a lie?!”

“Of course! If not how am I going to surprise you?!” Krystal said before pinching her girlfriend’s nose.

“Awwwww. This is sooooo not fair!!!! Why are the two of you bullying me?!” Amber pouted. 

“I am not. This is a surprise for you!” Krystal answered before giving a peck to her girlfriend’s pouting lips. 

 

A/N: HELLOOOOOOO I AM BACKKKK!! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!! here is a christmas update for you guys! i got this written the moment i got back on Monday, and refrained from updating it until today!^^ 

i was actually in Taiwan last week and saw that Amber was there tooooooo. too bad i didnt get to see her hahahaha. anyhow, since i am back, but i have zero inspiration at the moment, i welcome requests, but whether or not your request gets fufilled, it is really up to my inspiration. but i try not to disappoint!^^ 

enjoy!!!! :D