Down The Road

버클's One Shot Collection

8 years passed since we started out as a 4-member group, and 14 ever since the group existed in the music industry. Today, the five of us are gathered at a coffee shop, reminiscing about the past. It’s not that we don’t do this so often, in fact, these gatherings are held once every two months in one of our homes. We still do sing, but we are not as active as before. We don’t dance like we used to, but we sing more ballads now.

2 years ago, while we were having our concert in one of Seoul’s stadium, you suddenly said something about a special fan having something to say. The three of us then led Victoria unnie to the part of the stage where it is closer to the audience.

“Wait. Where is he?” I looked for him amongst the audience.

Fans then roared with much passion “He’s right here!!!!!!”

“Where again?” All of us echoed after them.

You suggested to walk closer while I dragged a clueless Victoria. Then a spotlight shone on him which caught the eyes of Luna unnie. He raised his hands up and the moment Victora unnie saw him, she almost broke into tears. Luna unnie saw him and waved towards him excitedly while jumping up and down. My arms draped over Victoria unnie’s shoulders while you announced that he has something to say.

We all knew something is happening, even the fans. So they roared and cheered louder. We dragged the now slightly shocked and reluctant Victoria to the extended part of the stage, and you countdown for him to start saying what he wanted to say.

He greeted the fans, Victoria unnie’s parents who were sitting in the audience section as well and greeted us. You and Luna unnie jumped and waved enthusiastically when he greeted us as f(x). He went on to say how he has been a special fan and loved Victoria unnie especially. The crowed grew more excited and screamed louder to the extent that I had to quieten them down in order to let the guy finish his piece. After saying those, he did what we expected.

“Will you marry me, Victoria” He knelt to the ground and said.

At this point of time, Victoria unnie couldn’t hold back her tears and she turned around, allowing a few drops of tears to flow through her cheeks. I went forward and wiped them off with my right thumb and smiled at her as a form of encouragement.

The guy was Victoria unnie’s then boyfriend and now husband. They have been dating for the past 2 years prior to the proposal. No doubt they have been caught by the media a few times, but Victoria unnie would usually brush it off or change the topic whenever she was asked. This guy is someone who is very private. His proposal in front of thousands of fans shocked all of us but we managed to help him to marry his wife, Victoria.

Luna unnie got married a year after, but her proposal wasn’t as big as Victoria unnie. Luna unnie’s husband proposed to her in our dorm since we were staying together for the time being due to some group schedules. All of us were present then and Luna unnie cried so much that night because like Victoria unnie, she is unable to reveal that she was dating due to some contracts going on. But thankfully, they ended before her wedding, allowing this piece of good news to be announced to the media.

If Victoria unnie’s wedding was a private event, then Luna unnie’s was a crazy one. I remember how both of them entered the hall in some suit and a very short dress and both started dancing Modern Dance which brought up the atmosphere in the hall.

Ever since their marriages, we still release albums yearly and do concert tours once every two or three years. Even Sulli announced to us that she was getting married by the end of the year. Speaking of her just reminds me of what happened 8 years ago when she said she wanted to leave the group.

We were all gathered in the practice room where we first met one another, even though the five of us were busy with individual schedules, we managed to find the time for some bonding session on that day.

“Guys, I have something to tell you” Sulli broke to us, destroying the light atmosphere we had in the practice room as we saw her expression.

“Go on.” Victoria unnie encouraged.

“I-I can’t do this anymore… I have talked to manager oppa about leaving the group… and he agreed… I was thinking that I should tell you girls first before reporting this to the higher ups.”

“A-are you sure you want to do this?” your voice cracked.

Sulli nodded her head and looked down while tears dropped.

All of us then gathered as a circle and hugged while breaking down. We all knew how much hardship she was facing and it made her so much unhappier that I started to not recognise the Sulli in front of me. She used to be a bubbly and cheerful girl, but ever since the dating news came up and several netizens saying how unhappy she looked during performances, she started to frown more than she smiled. So we accepted her leave in hopes to make her a cheerful girl again.

And she did.

We cameback as a group a few months after, and didn’t expect that we would win first place on M!Countdown. All of us went into crying fits during encore and backstage. We have been through so much as a group and individually I had to accept my sister’s departure of SNSD. Sulli saw the win and called us right after we were done crying which started us to cry harder together with her over the phone. We were then made stronger after all of these ordeal.

And while most of the members are already married or is going to get married, you and I stayed single. The media was really curious of our love lives to the extent of finding out if we are lesbians instead. You were caught out with a few girls on several occasions, but you would usually answer that you were only friends. While I was caught only once while having an outing with my sister’s best friend in high school as we were close. It is true that we aren’t attracted to someone of the opposite , but what they didn’t know was that we were dating each other since 5 years ago.

The members knew about it ever since we started dating and have been supporting us ever since. Even though I feel like wrapping my hands around your neck when I see you pimping in front of me at times, the members are the ones that made me kept my sanity and reminding me that I was being obvious at times.

We are gathered together as five finally after such a long time since we stopped the bi-monthly tradition of visiting 4 months back as we were getting busier into our individual schedules. Today was weird though as we were supposed to head over to your house today, but you told us to meet up at this empty café at the end of the street of your home.

“So… uhmm… we are here today for our bi-monthly gathering instead because I wanted to ask you guys something.” You started.

We nodded our heads in agreement.

“You see… Krystal and I have been dating for about 5 years and we have been through many ups and downs be it as a group, an individual and as a couple.”

“O-oh… I see where this is going” I thought.

“And today, I would like the three of you to be my witnesses, because… Krystal, let’s get married!”

“Eh?! Just like that?! I thought it would be something very romantic like what Victoria unnie’s husband did!” Luna unnie interrupted the moment.

“Yeah hyung! I thought it would be something romantic since the both of you been through so much!” Sulli added.

“Girls, just let Amber continue or see how Krystal reacts.” Victoria unnie is the only calm one at the moment.

The four of them turned to me, only to see me crying buckets of tears.

“Yes! Of course!” I wiped my tears.

“How did you agree to it so readily?!” asked Sulli who is still shock at how the proposal went.

“Because I told Amber that if she were to propose to me, I wouldn’t want something exaggerating, or very romantic like. I wanted something simple, and something to show how far we have come. Seeing her proposal like this just shows how far we travelled together because seeing you guys and talking about the old times proves it. And I am touched because she fulfilled those requests and didn’t forget about it since it was 4 years ago when I said that.”

You came up to me and hugged me before giving me a kiss.