Time

버클's One Shot Collection

NOTE: IF YOU BY CHANCE WATCHED A PARTICULAR DRAMA "Back to 1989" AND HAVE YET CATCH UP ON THE LAST EPISODE, PLEASE CLOSE THIS BROWSER OR TAB RIGHT! NOW! I REPEAT, CLOSE THIS WINDOW NOW! THE RED LITTLE '"X" BUTTON ON THE TOP RIGHT-HAND CORNER IS TELLING YOU TO CLICK IT!

 

Year: 1993

“I wanna marry Aunty when I grow up!” the three-year-old girl exclaimed in front of her mother, grandparents and her favourite Aunt who is her mother’s best friend.

The person in question let a bittersweet smile, as if knowing what is going to happen, while the other three in the room chuckled at how the young one went. “How innocent.” They thought. Little do they know the history between the young and the older girl.

Year: 1989

That was when the two met. The year the younger girl travelled back into time to the year before she was born. At first she was shocked, angry and puzzled. Why did she travel back to a year before she was born? Why did she meet this particular girl? Why is she the one travelling back? All answers were answered as her stay in 1989 turned days into weeks, weeks into months. There, she knew who her unknown father was. The man she always question her mother for many years which eventually led to quarrels after quarrels between the two. And then finding out the girl she first met the moment she reached 1989 was actually her mother’s best friend. Leading to where they are now, a couple that do not belong to the current time.

She found out her mother conceived her in the most horrifying way ever. Which is why she never had a fatherly figure in her life. Which is why she never saw her grandparents until she turned 21, because they disowned her mom and she left the house until receiving news that her mother is down with sickness. Which is why her mother never mentioned her father, no pictures, no memory of him and nothing from him.

Her girlfriend knew she came from the future. She found out by accident when she found her smartphone. Which led to many explanations and eventually, tears between them. It took some time for her girlfriend to digest these, including the fact that she is dating her best friend’s future child.

Her mom did consider aborting her in the first place but was persuaded out of it by her girlfriend. Not only her girlfriend kept her life, she saved her mother’s life from the potential discrimination and the tough life she faced for bringing her up single-handled. She persuaded her grandparents about what happened that fateful night she was conceived, and they eventually accepted her.

Year: 1990

It was the day she was born, and the day the 1989 her left for the future. The couple separated in tears, promising that they would meet and be reunited again in 2016, be it the huge between the two.

Year: 1993

For the past three years, never had her girlfriend stopped crying every night. How much she missed her warm hug, how much she missed their kisses, how much she missed the dates they had, how much she missed the stories the 2016 girlfriend told her about her future, and last but not least, how they would stroll the neighbourhood hand-in-hand.

“Aunty, why are you crying?” the three-year-old tugged the hem of her shirt, after finding out that the favourite woman in her life after her mother was crying in front of her.

“Nothing.” The woman said as she wiped her tears. “I am just sad that you are growing too fast.” She said as she tickled the young one.

The young one giggled as she is carried onto the bed. She is staying over for the night since her mother is busy with work and played with her most important Aunty for the entire day before turning in to the night.

Night falls as the little one slept soundly beside her. But who could fall asleep when your future girlfriend is sleeping beside you, who is merely a young child? Examining her face, brings back memories on the day where the two snuggled in the living room, watching a movie. The older version of the young girl fell asleep in her arms halfway through the movie while her girlfriend paid attention to the sleeping girl instead.

Year: 1997

Turning 7 soon, the young girl is starting elementary school in a few days’ time.

“Aunty! Aunty! What is school like?” she questioned.

“School is like…” the woman wondered, thinking of mild words so that she wouldn’t scare the young girl.

“Like…?” the 7-year-old repeated.

“Like heaven that feels like hell at times?”

“R-r-really?” the small girl hugged her Aunt’s leg.

“Nonono. It is not as scary as you think!” the older woman quickly clarified.

“T-t-then…?”

“You will meet nice people there, but you will also meet those means ones, like those you meet in the playground.” She assured.

“Ahh. That’s easy then. I will just not befriend them!” the young one said cheerfully.

The older of the two patted the younger’s head.

“W-w-what if they asked about my father?” the younger one frowned once again.

This time, the older girl frowned too, because it is a question she didn’t know how to answer either.

“Aunty?” the young child looked up towards her.

“Uhmmm…” she wondered.

“If they ask, tell them that your daddy is that star over there, shining and watching over you.” she continued, while pointing to the star through the window.

“Just like your star necklace that you wear every day?” she asked.

“Just like the star necklace I wear every day” the woman replied in a bittersweet tone.

The girl nodded her head eagerly as she prepared for bed.

Year: 2016

The 26-year-old woke up lying on her bed, with her mother beside her. She looked better than before, not as haggard as she thought to be, happier than before, and their home looked… different. Then it came to her. She travelled back to time! Upon the realisation, she struggled in her sheets, waking her mother up in the process.

“How are you?” her mother asked in concern.

“F-f-fine. Just a little headache.” She answered as she pressed her palm on her head.

“Go take a bath. You will feel better this way. You don’t know how worried I am when your friend called and told me you fainted while hitting your head against the lamp post while walking. How silly can you be?!” she asked.

“If you don’t feel well, tell me. We will go to the doctor.” Her mom added.

“O-o-okay.” Came the answer as she took her stuffs and headed back to the shower.

“Is that… a dream?” she questioned herself as she prepared for her shower.

Looking down to her neck, she found something that didn’t belong to her before she fainted while knocking against the lamp post. It reminded her of something that signifies that she went back into time.

It was a necklace, shaped like a star…

Year: 1989

“We should be separating soon… I have to go back to the future soon.” She said.

Her girlfriend knew what she meant and held her hand even tighter than before, holding back onto the tears that are threatening to fall.

Using her free hand, she reached into her pocket and fished out two identical necklaces.

“This shall be used to signify us. If you miss me in future, look up into the sky to see the stars. If it is day time, just look at this necklace and you will be fine.” she assured.

Her girlfriend embraced her into a hug and the two stuck to one another tightly for a few moments before they separated.

Year: 2016

“So this is not a dream…” she murmured.

Suddenly, her memories came back to her like it was lightning flash. Memories that wasn’t there before she travelled time.

She remembered the Aunt she used to stick like super glue. She remembered how she saw her Aunt cried like there was no tomorrow. The reasons for her tears just made her realise that it was her all along. She was the reason for her “Aunt’s” tears.

But it seems like their memories together as a child-her stopped after she turned seven.

And she clearly remembered this particular day…

The young her was crossing the road one day after school, towards the other side of the road where the older woman stood. It was clearly green light then, but a car coming from a direction came towards the junction, with no intention of stopping. Seeing the danger in front of the small girl, the older one ran across towards the girl and pushed her away. The car sped across, as if there is no obstacle in front of it. Indeed, there isn’t anything or anyone there. The woman just disappeared.

The young girl who was pushed away cried as she saw her favourite person disappearing into thin air. She did not know what happened or where did the woman go. A passer-by saw her and searched her bag pack for her mother’s contact information. She was brought to safety, but never saw her favourite Aunt ever again.

The young she knew how much her mother and the woman’s family searched for her, but it was always the bad news that got to them. Nobody found her nor her body. She was missing for the past 19 years. No one saw her for the past 19 years.

All of these memories came in a flash and she broke down crying.

“Are you really okay?” hearing her cries, her mother knocked onto the bathroom door and said.

“Y-y-yeah. I’m fine.” she said, not wanting to scare her mother. Besides, how can you explain that the woman you love is actually your mother’s best friend and that you travelled back into time to 27 years ago because you remembered that nobody had this memory of you in 1989 when you were growing up.

She freshened herself up and prepared to head out for a stroll to sort her feelings and memories. It is in a mess now that she returned, with the old and new ones crashing against one another, she needed time to digest them.

She strolled through the park where their date used to be held at, where they go star-gazing and see the sunrise, or the sunset at times. She sat on the bench where they used to take, looked at the tree where they engraved their names on it.

While everybody forgot about her travelling back to time, the tree didn’t. There carved their names on it, and the date it was carved, evidence that they dated, she went back to 1989.

By now she was in tears and was resting against the tree when a lady in a yellow blazer and a sling bag passed her a tissue.

“I’m pretty sure you need this.”

“T-t-thanks” she said as she received the tissue and looked up naturally.

She stunned.

The second favourite woman in her life after her mother stood in front of her, and it was as if time missed her, she looked like how she was 27 years ago.

“W-w-why are you here?!” she spoke, astonished.

“I travelled to the future.” She said.

“You what?!” her jaw dropped.

“I travelled into the future after that car accident. I came here a few years prior, and decided not to look for anyone and started life anew. If I did, I would have scared everyone and sent to do experiments!” she exclaimed.

“I come here every day ever since I got here, and knowing that particular year, you have yet travelled back into time, I didn’t look for you as well. I was actually here before you came, and when I saw you around here, walking to the places that held our memories, it was then I realised that it was the you that travelled back into time.” She continued.

The 27-year-old was in tears when she heard that and pulled her girlfriend for a tight hug.  

 

A/N: just..... excuse me for a moment.... i just finished a drama that i am crazy over a few days ago and the ending got a little unsatisfying but i could accept it, so here i am writing a clearer one than what was shown on tv... i am apparently crazy over the leads now, they are my new otp! they are really nice to do fanservice. they went to okinawa and filmed an mv for the song they covered for. i never seen any drama otp in my life doing this! 

and this drama, is of course a time travel one... this one shot is 80-90% similar to the gist of the story. i just added some other details in for this one shot. 

if anyone is curious, the drama is titled "Back to 1989" this chapter definetely contains spoilers, i am really sorry. but i needed a place to vent my feelings out because no one else is watching this around me T_T. it is a Taiwanese drama, male lead  actor is a very skillful guy and handsome too *kyaaaaaaaa* and the female lead is an actress whom i've accidentally followed her dramas by coincidence. she is also Victoria's sister in Beautiful Secret. heh. 

hope you enjoyed this. i did not add any names because i dont know who should be the one travelling back to 1989 and who should be the one travelling to 2016... so... pardon me... if i confuse you, please do tell me! 

last but not least, if you watched this drama too.... 

PLEASEEEEE COMMENT AND TELL ME YOU WATCHED THIS TOO YOUR AUTHOR-NIM IS DYING OVER HEREEEEEE. 

thank you. *bows*