Duck

버클's One Shot Collection

“Duck!” the short-haired girl went in a baby voice as it echoed through the apartment while her wife kept silent.

“Duck!” she went again, this time it went straight to the ears of the wife.

This time round, Krystal showed her annoyance to her wife by rolling her eyes to the girl and walked away, entering the nursery of their 6-month old daughter.

The small family went out on a shopping trip at the mall this afternoon and went to the kids section of the department store to get some new clothing for their daughter as she is outgrowing her current ones as well as some shoes for her as she might be standing soon given that the baby’s development is quite fast for her age.

And at the kids section, Amber met a girl who is older than Ariel, her daughter, but looked slightly older than a year old, standing assisted with the table and her mother who is beside her. The girl was holding onto a rubber duck and went “duck!” repeatedly in her baby voice, much to the amusement to Amber.

Amber soon got addicted to the word and wouldn’t stop repeating it even after the girl and her mother left the store, and that it was time for the small family to head home as well for Ariel’s nap.

Krystal sat down on the chair beside Ariel’s cot as she slept soundly after a tough fight with both of her mums in order to let her settle down for her nap. It took lots of cooing and singing and a little of wrestling before the girl could stay in her sleeping position and drifted off to her dreamland.

Amber followed suit and sat down beside her wife as she wrapped her arms over Krystal’s shoulder and Krystal snuggled closer to her.

The couple looked at their daughter lovingly who seemed to be in a deep sleep with soft lullabies playing in the pink themed room.

“She really is an angel when she sleeps” Krystal commented while Ariel’s baby hair which made the baby stirred a little but not to the extent of waking up.

“Yeah. But a total monster when she’s up and active.” Amber said while shuddering as she remembers how her daughter would keep crawling towards her even after Amber placed her in the play pen that is situated in the living room. Her little princess would always find ways to pester her mum to play with her no matter how tired she is.

Krystal giggled as she thought of all the instances where Amber was dead tired and slumped on the sofa in the living room while Ariel continued to crawl back to her as if the two of them were North and South poles of a magnet.

The couple stayed in the nursery for a while more before Krystal got up, followed by Amber.

At the doorstep outside of their daughter’s room, Krystal tried to turn the door knob quietly so that the door closes without a sound while Amber stood behind her.

Krystal stepped back a little as the door closes, coming closer to Amber.

Amber’s head reached closer to her wife’s ears and whispered, “Duck!”

Annoyed by the constant whispering, Krystal elbowed her wife’s stomach, earning a soft yelp from the older girl.

Krystal then whispered back to her wife, “you better not teach Ariel the word “llama” or else it would be more than just an elbow to your stomach” she threatened.

 

A/N: just a short oneeeeeee. who loves kryber with a kid? i do!!!!! kekeke! i wonder how cute would it be if they were to interact with a kid. really. and who thought of The Little Mermaid when i mentioned Ariel? kekeke it's my favourite Disney princess! and since i am watching Moorim School now, (im at ep 2 only...) the name "Ariel" keep appearing in the ep that i just watched.