Fairy-tale 3

버클's One Shot Collection

“Saw the performance, it looked really good!”

“You see my speech?”

“The thank you speech?

Yes, you missed this. Victoria and “PRINCESS” Krystal”

The above was the text conversation between me and my girlfriend. Krystal. I have been treating her like a princess since we started dating. Oh and who is Victoria you wonder. She is a plushie of ours that we treasure very much. Isn’t it weird to be thanking a plushie..?

It has been 10 years since you left me. My fame never died in the past 10 years, but in fact, it grew. I became an international pianist ever since, and I could never forget you. I was still that living zombie like I was 5 years ago until I met her 3 years back. She is like a god sent gift from you to me. She looked exactly like you to the point that I myself was shocked. She even had the same spelling to your name! So tell me, is it fate or coincidence?

I met her in a shop that sells classical music CDs. I am a frequent customer there as there is where I sit down and find inspiration to my pieces. They have a café there so there is where I would be composing my pieces. The shop owners and regulars know me and they have my CDs there too.

On that fateful day, I entered the café and greeted the staffs there and a few regulars, went to my regular seat and sat down. There she sat, at the table next to mine with her back facing me, and her big round purple headphones rested on her head with the head pieces covering her ears. Due to the volume of her music, I could listen to what she was listening to. It was the piece that I composed for you shortly after you left me. I gave myself a small smile before settling down and to turn on my laptop so that I could play some of my own pieces and think of a background for my next piece.

Just like that, 2 hours passed. I heard a screeching sound coming from the table behind me before meeting her face-to-face that gave me the shock of my very own life.

“OH MY GOD!!!!!! ARENT YOU THE PIANIST AMBER LIU?!” she screamed in excitement across the café, causing all eyes on us.

I turned around, before I stood frozen on the ground.

“K-k-krystal?! Is that you?!” I stuttered. Still very shock from what is happening.

“Have we met before? If so, how do you know my name?” she toned down, now getting really curious and slightly creepy.

“Krystal is your name too?!” I asked, while my tears started welling up.

“Yeah. Krystal with a K” she said rather nonchalantly.

No more words needed and I broke down. I pulled her for a hug while crying.

“I thought you left me!!! I really thought you do!!!!!! 8 years. I spent 8 years alone just like that! How could you do this to me!!!” I said as my cries became full blown.

I felt that her hands seemed helpless on whether to push me away or to comfort me.

Then after a while of my hugging, she pushed me away.

“Look Amber Liu, I know you are crying over your dead girlfriend. But I have to get this straight. I am not her. I am another person. Look. I can prove this.” She said as she showed me her Identification Card.

I read the details, other than her looks and name, it’s so different with the Krystal that I used to know.

“O-oh. I am so sorry. It is just that you look exactly like her! Even your name is the same as hers! Which is why I got a shock and started behaving weirdly.” I apologised.

“It’s okay.” She answered.

“To compensate. Just say your request. I will try my best to fulfil it.”

“Uhhhmmmm… really?” she asked meekly.

“Yep!”

“Any request?”

“Any request.”

“Then… can I have your number??? I have been your fan ever since you debuted! And I have always want to be friends with you. I have heard your friends speaking up for you. You must be a good friend! I am always someone who makes the wrong friend. And this time round, I want to make the correct one!’

She spoke through her request like a bullet train, but I was able to catch her words.

I nodded, giving into her request, because a small part of me wants to know your doppelganger.

We started meeting each other at the café soon after exchanged numbers. At first, our conversation centered around you and only you. But the current Krystal listened attentively without complains. And before I realised, we talked less and less about you and begin to share more on ourselves.

Then I realised that I am feeling something for her. The same feeling that I had with you. At first, I was confused. Confused if I am really feeling something for her. But being the truthful person that I am, I told her everything that I am feeling. Then… she confessed to me and said that she took a liking to me ever since she heard my music. She was confused too. Confused on whether she liked me as the like between people or the like as a fan. But she was confirmed that it was the like between people when we met face-to-face.

She told me to take things slowly and wouldn’t rush me. She wanted me to think carefully about my feelings. Whether is it you or her?

We took a break from meeting each other. And I started thinking through things.

And nowadays, it was her that came into my mind. The café dates came into my mind. Our first meeting came into my mind. Our silly goofy jokes came into my mind. There I was. Confirmed that I have finally got over you in a good way and is ready to start anew. You are glad am I right? I am pretty sure you are.

We met up after a few days, and I confessed to her. We have been with each other ever since. And three years later, I am receiving one of my biggest awards.

“Our biggest winner goes to, Amber Liu! She has been composing sad music for the past 8 years and there is a big change in recent years in her music. So this award is totally deserving for her! Congratulations!”

The crowd stood up clapping to congratulate me while I shook hands with some of the other pianist who attended the ceremony with me as well.

I got up the stage and said my thank you speech and gave my performance before rushing back stage to talk to her through text.

“Saw the performance, it looked really good!”

“You see my speech?”

“The thank you speech?

Yes, you missed this. Victoria and “PRINCESS” Krystal”

I smiled at the text at how Princess she is.

And I thought to myself as I hugged the award with my eyes closed:

“You may have left me from the world, but I have another gift now. All of these really seemed like a fairy-tale. It seemed that it could never happened in real life. But it did to me. I wish you all the best up there Krystal.”

Two streams of tears slid down my face as I talked to you in this way. 

 

A/N: kryber killed me with that Amber's instagram post!!!! and since it is pretty apt for a story, i present to you, a closure for Fairy-tale! enjoyyyyyy!!! this author note will be short because i need to go to my bed now. i need to be up early. goodnight!^^